State Farm Insurance
22450 181 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RammerJammer
lvl.1
United States

tvl Posted at 2017-3-20 19:17
Method007 stated:  " If you file a claim for your drone - maybe not the first time, but definitely the second - it will effect the premiums for your unrelated insurance.  This includes insurance you are getting from completely different companies for completely different things, like your home owners insurance"

I was wondering if this might be an issue at some point. Are you saying OR better yet, do you know for sure, that insurance companies SHARE information for this purpose. In other words, I was thinking of purchasing a State Farm insurance policy just for my drone. My autos and home are covered with Liberty Mutual. If I had a couple of claims with State Farm because of drone crashes, I realized they may very likely decide not to cover me any longer. On the other hand, based on your comments, Liberty Mutual will also be aware of the claims and my premiums with them may increase becuase of my claims with State Farm. That wouldn't be good for me and would be reason enough not to cover the drone since it really is a toy ........ although an expensive toy! So, do you know for sure this is actually the case OR are you simply speculating?

I know this is a long thread but post #128 addresses this issue. The author is a State Farm agent in New Jersey.
2017-3-20
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

I just filled out an application for insurance coverage online in Canada. If approved, I'll post details.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans26c62ebe
New

United States

fans566d2897 Posted at 2016-12-6 16:53
Just got a quote for State Farm in Texas for m Mavic at  $30/ year.  I have no other policies with State Farm!

Hey, I just asked for a quote to insure a Phantom 4 Pro and they told me it would be $2,616/year...which seems totally outrageous. I'm in Texas as well. Could you get me in touch with your agent? Thanks!
2017-4-20
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073100 ft
United States

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-14 10:15
Liability insurance is actually the bigger consideration; and if you are using your UAS for commercial purposes it is a considerably bigger consideration... and cost.

And if this happens to you without it, you are in some pretty deep poop:

Yikes, nightmare scenario!
2017-4-20
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

fans26c62ebe Posted at 2017-4-20 13:30
Hey, I just asked for a quote to insure a Phantom 4 Pro and they told me it would be $2,616/year...which seems totally outrageous. I'm in Texas as well. Could you get me in touch with your agent? Thanks!

I am in Texas. I insured about $1500 worth of drone and accessories for $60/yr thru State Farm.  Are you commercial or individual?  (I am non-commercial).
It is a personal articles policy.
2017-4-20
Use props
trickedoutbiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1867448 ft
United States

Jc918 Posted at 2016-12-29 14:16
I can confirm I was able to insure my Phantom 4 Pro and iPad mini 4 for $60 a year with a zero deductible. I don't have state farm on my house or car just on my Phantom

How was you able to get them to add my iPad Mini 4 to your personal articles policy?  I just contacted my State Farm agent today and yesterday to discuss insurance for my Phantom 4 Pro.  I also asked about putting my iPad Mini 4 on the policy since I use it with the Phantom, but my agent told me that things like tablets and phones are no longer able to be put on the personal articles policies anymore.  I'm guessing because people have them stolen quite often in some places.

Should I call another agent and ask about putting the iPad Mini 4 on the policy too or take my agent's word for it that they can't?  She had to call an underwriter and ask about everything I mentioned as it is because she had no idea if it was even possible.  Guessing the underwriter told her that they cannot insure the iPad Mini 4??

So call another agent or no?
2017-5-9
Use props
trickedoutbiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1867448 ft
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 2017-1-9 11:00
Just talked to a State Farm rep here in Indiana.  They will only insure the sUAS for recreational use only.  Not if you plan to use it commercially..

I live in Indiana as well and have contacted my agent yesterday and today.  I was told that I can insure my Phantom 4 Pro, all of my batteries, the ND filters, my DJI multi-charging hub, and my case club hard case as well as a drone backpack.

I asked them about also adding my four Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB cards to the policy as well as adding my iPad Mini 4 to the policy, and they told me that they are unable to cover either of those under a personal articles policy. I have seen some people who have their iPads as part of their policy though....  Did the rules for what can and cannot be added to a personal articles policy recently change or something?
2017-5-9
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I finally got it in Colorado, through a friend who works for them and he did some digging. Here it's $80 a year, they insure it for the cost of the original purchase receipt. They say in case of a mishap, they will do their best to replace it with like model - or comparable model.. .we will see how that works out if I ever have an issue.
2017-5-9
Use props
uavdoc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4504462 ft
United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-21 13:10
The policy is personal property insurance. That covers jewelry, electronics, CAMERAS, etc. (Broad coverage)

I have this same policy. It is in fact real.

I have a friend who got me hooked up with it, he actually did crash his, and they did in fact payout for it. All verified! Here in houston, texas.
2017-5-9
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Anything for us Californians?  What does State Farm have against us?
2017-5-9
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

ibuyufo Posted at 2017-5-9 22:30
Anything for us Californians?  What does State Farm have against us?

Sorry I'm not an agent. Speak to your local State Farm Rep.
2017-5-10
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

Added mine to the rest of our policies with State Farm, as with everyone else $1500 coverage for $60 per year. Definitely have a better sense of security now knowing that if it disappears or crashes I'll have another one.
2017-5-27
Use props
74260Z
lvl.2
United States

I have mine covered here in kansas.  for $1400. $60/year / no deductible
2017-5-27
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys I haven't been on here in a while but I've been getting more calls lately about our policies. I've been working for a NJ State Farm agent for a few years and am very familiar with these policies. If anyone has coverage questions feel free to PM, text or call me. 973-479-9959 Dillon
2017-6-8
Use props
David14
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-12-16 02:06
Well if you think we are lying, why don't you check it out for yourself. I have had one replaced due to a bird strike.

Bird strike? You crash it. I no need insurance. I never crash like this. I also don't need liability insurance.
2017-6-8
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-4-14 11:18
Hi everyone, well, I was on the phone with my State Farm agent for at least 30 minutes discussing all the different what if's with my drone. This is what I was told so far, the agent needed to call someone else to ask for more information to make double sure. If someone steals my drone from my home or my car, I am covered with my renters insurance, of course I have a deductible.
If I am out flying my drone, and I crash it and cause harm or damage to someone or someone's property, I am covered up to $100,000 in general liability also through my renter's insurance. I am NOT covered for my drone, if I crash it or wreck it, everyone gets paid except for me to replace my drone. :-)

Thanks for the info, I am going to get my State Farm agent a call and had to drone coverage on to my renters policy.
2017-6-8
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-15 19:06
Plus, now that drones are classified as 'aircraft', good luck when trying to get a claim.

Anyway, the most important isn't property coverage if you lose or damage the drone. Whatever, so you lost $1K. Its actually third party liability you should be worried about. Third party liability will for me be the only reason why I'd want to get a 'drone insurance'. I don't so much care for covering damages or loss to my own personal property as much as I do covering for third party liability.

You said that right my friend. There are so many things that can go wrong.   Besides, insurance loss is reported to a national database and can affect you just like any other  claim you make.
2017-6-8
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here.  Was $36 last year went up to $60 this year.  In Boise, Idaho.
2017-6-9
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

CaptRuss Posted at 2016-4-14 10:15
Liability insurance is actually the bigger consideration; and if you are using your UAS for commercial purposes it is a considerably bigger consideration... and cost.

And if this happens to you without it, you are in some pretty deep poop:

Great example of an idiot drone pilot..  The sort of person who ruins it for all of us.
2017-6-21
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

ok.. I wish I lived in the USA so I can get this state farm insurance..  Can one of you ask one of your agents if they would consider the UK a 51st state?  In the UK there is only one company that I know of that offers drone insurance at £480/yr with £2M liability cover :-(.  There are also rumours here property insurers are considering excluding drone damage from their coverage.
2017-6-21
Use props
Lifeofmikey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1147559 ft
United States

i live in MA and moving to CA . state farm isnt in either of those states .  what can i do ? -_-
2017-9-28
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lifeofmikey Posted at 2017-9-28 19:56
i live in MA and moving to CA . state farm isnt in either of those states .  what can i do ? -_-

Don't crash!
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules