P2V+ GPS Module Part#
5435 2 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cacooley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146056 ft
United States

I ordered a new GPS module for my P2V+ . It has the same part # on it "DJI 11-22-V2" as my old one. The difference between them is the new module came with a 5 pin molex connector that my old one did not. Are they the same part? The old one has a spot on the board for the connector but is not there. I installed and I get no satellites. I Hooked up to the P2V+ to the assistant software and it is not recognized in the info screen which shows hardware and firmware numbers. I plugged the old one in and it recognizes it and shows firmware/hardware numbers. Any ideas?

DJI GPS.JPG
2015-1-11
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Looks like you ordered the GPS module for a Phantom 1 by mistake.  The connector and grey ribbon cable go to the compass on the Phantom 1.
Which dealer did you order from?  I'd check their web page and invoice and see if it specifies which Phantom it's for.  They may just let you swap it for the correct version (although the P2V+ version can be about $10 more)

GPS modules - B&H Photo.jpg
2015-1-11
Use props
cacooley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146056 ft
United States

Thanks for the help. I did some more digging and actually there is another part# for the Phantom 2 Vision + called DJI-PH2GPS. the one I got is for the Phantom 2 Vision not the Vision 2 +. Can they make it anymore difficult?? I wish they would post a parts list.
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules