2051 21 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seabase195
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read in a post earlier this week that someone crashed their P4 after their battery went dead 2 minutes into flight (full battery). Mine did the same today, BUT I was on the ground at the time 1.5 minutes into running it just before takeoff. I got "Critical Battery Level" warning and off went the battery. I'm glad I wasn't in the air. I have 4 batteries total so my thought is I'll run them all tomorrow and see if I can recreate the event....scary.
2016-3-22
Use props
CodyHumphrey92
lvl.1

Wow..... Definitely going to fly even more cautious until I hear more..
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What does the battery records say?
2016-3-23
Use props
dazzlers82
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i charged my batterys the night before last for the first time, when i got home yesterday i thought ill plug the batterys in an have a go with the simulator as its my first drone. only on the screen it came up with unable to fly due to cold battery, i removed it an it was hot ! i put my other battery in an it was fine even took it out for a fly, so when i came backk in i refitted the original battery and that was also fine ??? is there likely a bad batch of batterys.
2016-3-23
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2034249 ft
United States

Hi everyone, I AM THAT ONE GUY WHO LOST THE P4 yesterday as the battery cut-off in mid air.  Our P4 landed at the bottom of a river impossible to rescue.  We saw it sink to the bottom with not a chance to retrieve the drone.   The most hurtful part is all of the footage we lost.
2016-9-9
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

Hi guys, here is a copy of our last and final flight record:   http://healthydrones.com/main?share=HlAAXt
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-10 01:47
Hi everyone, I AM THAT ONE GUY WHO LOST THE P4 yesterday as the battery cut-off in mid air.  Our P4  ...

Sorry for you loss.Did you sync the flight records and contact our tech support for help? They will help to analyse your flight records.
2016-9-13
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check your batteries teeth, connector, cartridge or what ever you call it it can be related to that. It happened to me after flying when i was trying to charge my battery, it was difficult to connect to the charger or connecting it to my drone. I checked the connector and saw a metal protruding in one of the connectors. It's only like 14 days old and used it 2-3 times when i saw it, barely brand new. This things can cause sudden disconnection from the battery and drone. I'm still waiting patiently and hoping they will replace the battery which is defective. Here is my post http://forum.dji.com/thread-63001-1-1.html
2016-9-13
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

Always make sure the battery is firmly clicked in. I noticed it clicks twice. One for the upper fastener and one for the lower one. Just my 2 cents
2016-9-14
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

So we have a new Phantom 4, since our 1st drone crashed due to an electrical issue and confirmed by DJI.  They are sending a new replacement P4.  

The issue is, with this current P4, we have tried to do all we can, all of the technical steps to get the firmware updated.  We've tried iPad Mini DJI APP,  2 different Mac laptop, 2 Mac desktop, various versions of OS from 10.8 to the latest using the DJI Assistant 2 software they offer a this URL:  http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads

I followed every simple step there is to install the APP and the driver for the Mac, and when we press the Icon to open the DJI Assistant APP, the program or window just won't open.  We can't do nothing else but return the P4, get a store credit and forget about DJI for years to come until we can find another company where we won't get so much headache doing a simple firmware update.

Reference of our P4 model and serial:   Maybe its another faulty unit, just like the one that flyaway and crashed:

Phantom4 WM330A There is two other numbers I guess is the serial number: 07DDD5M 0B10378

For such highly priced product, one would think a simple firmware update wouldn't be such difficult nor challenging.  
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-17 04:23
So we have a new Phantom 4, since our 1st drone crashed due to an electrical issue and confirmed by  ...

I'm sorry you had difficulties trying to update, you did watch the firmware tutorial videos in the Academy section of the GO app correct?
I truly believe in your quest for a replacement, you will not find anything out there from any manufacture with the same quality, features and functions for the price.
Did you also try calling and having support walk you through the update?
2016-9-16
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-16 16:39
I'm sorry you had difficulties trying to update, you did watch the firmware tutorial videos in the ...

This is what our Mac Laptop, our MacBook Air, iMac and DeskTop computer says when we've tried to install the software APP DJI Assistant 2:   “Assistant” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.   In addition to all that, I've tried doing the firmware update using the same iPad Mini we have used a few months back in our 1st Phantom-4 before it crashed and we never had any issues with doing updates.   We have requested a return item on this one Phantom-4.  Once we receive the new P4 from DJI which they are sending for free as a replacement unit, we will try to do the update on firmware.  It we continue to get similar issues then we will get rid of that one as well and go with another name brand that can work for us and that can be compatible with our Apple devices, specially for all firmware updates.   
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-17 05:16
This is what our Mac Laptop, our MacBook Air, iMac and DeskTop computer says when we've tried to i ...

You have to allow the permissions on your computer. I'm sorry about that.
And you need at least an iPad Mini 3 for the GO app to properly function.
Maybe that's what the issue was with attempting to update via the app.
Your device may have worked in the last but when the GO app was updated it sometimes requires more processing power to function.

Here is the list of recommended devices.

iOS Version v2.9.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.9.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-9-16
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

Hi, thanks for the reply.    When we purchased our P4 in July we ordered from the Apple store the best, most recent and the most expensive iPad Mini.   When the 1st Phantom-4 arrived a few days later, we did all of the firmware updates without any problems, and a few more firmware updates along the way until last week, when it flyaway and crashed at the bottom of a river.   DJI created a case for the situation and they determined that particular drone had an electrical issue and that was the cause for the crash.  They are sending a new one for free which should arrive next week Tuesday.   Mean while, I bought one last week and ever since I took it on the air I noticed a firmware was pending.  I have not been able to update the firmware and up until today we are having issues with horizon on the camera and that particular required / missing firmware corrects that issue.  We have packed up the drone and we are ready to send it back for a store credit or refund.   Once we get the 3rd Phantom-4 from DJI, if we are not able to update the firmware, then we will just sell it and move on with other company and brand.   If, we are able to update the firmware, then it means that this 2nd drone has an issue with the computing that won't allow the communication with the iPad DJI App.    I will keep you guys informed on the situation.   As of right now, what seem to be a fun entertaining and amazing thing to have, is now becoming a open window to do more research on other name brands and models available to purchase from.  Sad to say, but I really was starting to enjoy some of the DJI products.  We have an OSMO and like it, but if at any given time it requires a firmware update and gives me problems, I will sell it too and move on.  The best thing about technology is competition and available options.   I was about to purchase an Inspire, but knowing now the DJI APP and it's issues with firmware compatibility, I will not buy it.
2016-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-17 08:10
Hi, thanks for the reply.    When we purchased our P4 in July we ordered from the Apple store the be ...

'We have an OSMO and like it, but if at any given time it requires a firmware update and gives me problems, I will sell it too and move on.  The best thing about technology is competition and available options.   I was about to purchase an Inspire, but knowing now the DJI APP and it's issues with firmware compatibility, I will not buy it.'

Why all the threats? Do you really think they are going to get you any sort of 'Premium' attention? Rather than threaten, you might recognise that you already have one of the best aircraft for the job, and work out the wrinkles instead of giving up.
2016-9-16
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

Hi Geebax, we lost a Phantom4 as a cause of an electrical failure last week.   DJI is sending a replacement unit.  OK, but what about all of the filmed data, the money we had to give back to our customer, air fares, rental car, hotel stay, etc. we lost along the way.  I went out and bought a new one to continue to work here in Orlando, Florida and now the firmware won't update.  Do you own a P4?   Have you seen any resources on getting the BIN folder and files downloaded from the following URL:   http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads       If you were to see the back and forth we've had to deal with these past 2 days, all all DJI Support continues to sent to us is all Phantom 2 and 3 tutorials, videos and instructions.   Maybe you haven't had to refund your clients $2k, nor loose another $1k on a new Phantom just to have it seat there not able to get some firmware updates done using the DJI APP.   If you have one and use it for FUN, then have FUN.  I use ours to make money and become better...  just saying.    No treats, don't take it personal either.   
2016-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-17 12:22
Hi Geebax, we lost a Phantom4 as a cause of an electrical failure last week.   DJI is sending a repl ...

I does not matter what I use my Phantom for, but consider this, there are hundreds of thousands of Phantoms out there, and 99% of them are updating and flying just fine.

From what you describe, you need someone who knows about computers to try and perform the upgrades, because they are pretty straightforward. The fact that you cannot address the issue of permissions to install the software is pretty telling.

If you are prepared to persevere, then start a fresh thread of your own and lay out the facts, and the people on here will help walk you through the procedure. I would help, but I can't stand Apple products, don't have any and therefore cannot tell you the procedures.

2016-9-16
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-16 23:25
I does not matter what I use my Phantom for, but consider this, there are hundreds of thousands of  ...

Hi Geebax, thanks for your thoughts.    Finally I was able to update the firmware.   After almost 2 weeks trouble shooting the issues came to these "facts" to get it to work:  (related to Apple computers & products only)  #1: the DJI Assistant software WILL NOT INSTALL on earlier versions of Mac OS such as 10.8 / 10.9.   #2:  your Apple computer must have the latest OS which is the "El Capitan" or "Yosemite" 10.10.5  #3 before downloading the software from the DJI page, free the Firewalls and open all gates for the software to download, then install the software & that's the only way to get the DJI Assistant to properly install on any Mac OS computer (Yosemite or El Capitan ONLY) and the remote firmware can update directly from the iPad or OS device you have running / plugged onto the controller.    That's all....    I'm still getting a few here and there horizon Gimball issues but I'm still reading and trouble shooting more.   By the end of the year I should be an almost genius on trouble shooting "basic" stuff that should be posted easier online for others to read.  
2016-9-24
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-16 22:22
Hi Geebax, we lost a Phantom4 as a cause of an electrical failure last week.   DJI is sending a repl ...

Hi Geebax, thanks for your thoughts.    Finally I was able to update the firmware.   After almost 2 weeks trouble shooting the issues came to these "facts" to get it to work:  (related to Apple computers & products only)  #1: the DJI Assistant software WILL NOT INSTALL on earlier versions of Mac OS such as 10.8 / 10.9.   #2:  your Apple computer must have the latest OS which is the "El Capitan" or "Yosemite" 10.10.5  #3 before downloading the software from the DJI page, free the Firewalls and open all gates for the software to download, then install the software & that's the only way to get the DJI Assistant to properly install on any Mac OS computer (Yosemite or El Capitan ONLY) and the remote firmware can update directly from the iPad or OS device you have running / plugged onto the controller.    That's all....    I'm still getting a few here and there horizon Gimball issues but I'm still reading and trouble shooting more.   By the end of the year I should be an almost genius on trouble shooting "basic" stuff that should be posted easier online for others to read.  
2016-9-24
Use props
onecreativemedi
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-16 18:34
'We have an OSMO and like it, but if at any given time it requires a firmware update and gives me p ...

FIRMWARE UPDATED........, thanks for your thoughts & opinions everyone.   ON MY OWN 2 weeks later, I was finally able to update the firmware.   After almost 2 weeks trouble shooting the issues came to these "facts" to get it to work:  (related to Apple computers & products only)  #1: the DJI Assistant software WILL NOT INSTALL on earlier versions of Mac OS such as 10.8 / 10.9.   #2:  your Apple computer must have the latest OS which is the "El Capitan" or "Yosemite" 10.10.5  #3 before downloading the software from the DJI page, free the Firewalls and open all gates for the software to download, then install the software & that's the only way to get the DJI Assistant to properly install on any Mac OS computer (Yosemite or El Capitan ONLY) and the remote firmware can update directly from the iPad or OS device you have running / plugged onto the controller.    That's all....    I'm still getting a few here and there horizon Gimball issues but I'm still reading and trouble shooting more.   By the end of the year I should be an almost genius on trouble shooting "basic" stuff that should be posted easier online for others to read.  
2016-9-24
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

onecreativemedi Posted at 2016-9-24 11:27
FIRMWARE UPDATED........, thanks for your thoughts & opinions everyone.   ON MY OWN 2 weeks later, ...

It sounds like your biggest issue is with your Apple products and the way they work.

all that would be very simple on a win 10 pc.

it sounds that at least you now have some basic computer skills that will help you in the future.
doing things on ones own is the BEST way to learn, I do it all the time and you seldom forgot what you learn that way

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-9-24
Use props
fansa4176e95
lvl.1
United States

Hi Seabase, I was the one who twice in less than a year lost 2 Phantom 4 due to electrical malfunction either with the batteries or the actual aircraft.   Shorty after take-off, after doing calibration, fresh new batteries, twice the P4 (Phantom 4) dropped from the sky like bird poop.  The firmware update now is acting up strange, so our concern is having another one of those famous crashes, and that's why y posted a concer about the new DJI App version 4.1.3
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules