Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New batteries won't take a charge
10839 11 2016-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevin
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated on this!

I had purchased two new DJI batteries for my Phantom 2 a couple of weeks ago.  When I tried to charge the batteries,  they both wouldn’t take a charge.  I tried pressing the power button on the batteries and nothing would light up.  I sent the batteries back for a refund.  I then ordered two new batteries from another supplier and I’m getting the same results with these two new batteries. Nothing is lighting up when I press the power button and they won’t accept a charge. My charger is working fine because I’m able to charge up my current four batteries without a problem.

Does anyone have thoughts on this and what I can do to get these batteries to take a charge?

Thanks so much for any help!!!

Kev

2016-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I only have experience and can relay my example with Phantom 3 intelligent flight batteries. Knowing some of their foibles.
Do you need to double press the on button to make them respond? With the newer variety, if the battery packs are too warm,
or already pretty much fully charged, the charger will not work.
You can trick them though, by turning them batteries on first with a double click and three second hold, and then applying the charging leads.

Not sure if your batteries could all be necessarily faulty, or if you are doing something out of the ordinary.

Hopefully someone with exerience with those style, will share some info with you, to help figure this out.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-28
Use props
kevin
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-29 08:10
I only have experience and can relay my example with Phantom 3 intelligent flight batteries. Knowing ...

Thanks for the suggestion RedHot!

Unfortunately, I can't get any of the indicator lights to light up at all.  It appears to me that these batteries are completely dead right out of the box.  It's the same thing that I had happen with the first set of replacement batteries that I bought a few weeks ago.  When I got that set,  the first thing I did was press the power button and none of the light would light up.  I tried the second battery and had the same results.  I just thought that it just a bad set of batteries.  

With this new set of batteries that I just got,  I'm having the same results.  Both batteries won't even light up one light out of the box and when I try pushing the power button and then plugging it into the charger I get nothing.

The charging light on the DJI charger just stays green when I plug one of these new batteries in.  When I plug in any of my older DJI batteries,  the light on the charger goes from green to red and it charges everything just fine with no issues!

I'm just stumped at this point and hoping that someone has had a similar issue and has found a solution!

Thanks again for your suggestion Red Hot!
2016-3-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Return them, if they are faulty.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-28
Use props
kevin
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-29 10:28
Return them, if they are faulty.

RedHotPoker

Thanks RedHot and I guess the thing that I'm wondering is how could I get two different sets of batteries from two different vendors and have none of the four work?  It just seems strange!

Thanks again!

2016-3-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

United States

Are the batteries legit DJI or copies...the folks across the pond can copy pretty much anything (not all good!)...
2016-3-30
Use props
kevin
lvl.1
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-31 12:34
Are the batteries legit DJI or copies...the folks across the pond can copy pretty much anything (not ...

Hi North!

Yes they are DJI batteries.  Both time I have purchased through Amazon and with different vendors.  I'm returning these and placed an order through B & H in NYC and we'll see what happens with these!  

It's just the strangest thing that it's happen to hour batteries!  To have them come with absolutely no charge in the batteries and for some reason the charger doesn't like that!

Thanks and if you have any other thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it!
2016-3-31
Use props
ananiadhsb
New

Greece

I have exactly the same problem.Did you found a solution?
2016-4-13
Use props
greg.stringer
lvl.1

ananiadhsb@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 00:50
I have exactly the same problem.Did you found a solution?

Wow the same thing just happened to me with two brand new batteries ordered directly from the Dji website. Read about it here
2016-4-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

kevin@kevinmay. Posted at 2016-3-31 21:19
Hi North!

Yes they are DJI batteries.  Both time I have purchased through Amazon and with differe ...

Read this: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=50845
2016-4-27
Use props
awthomas
New

United States

I"m having same troubles. I have (2) batteries that I use all the time and they charge fine. Bought new battery from DJI directly and got a dead battery. No lights, ever. All solutions point to what to do if having troubles but lights turn on. Left battery on charger for 20-hours with no change. Attempted to resurrect from hibernation mode with no success. Went through the process to get a RMA from DJI. Two-weeks later get my replacement and it's the same. No lights, no charging. Went to DJI directly so that I could trust the batteries, but this is frustrating. Can DJI not check the battery before they put it in a box to ship?
2016-6-14
Use props
fansead106ca
lvl.1

India

hello
i purchased inspire 2 but 1 battery i got dead not charging and does not light up so please help me to start it
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules