Difference between Obstacle Sensing and Obstacle Avoidance
827 4 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
viktor8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18776 ft
Italy

Hi guys, I've recently got myself a brand new Phantom 4 and going through the settings menu on the DJI GO App, I've found a few things that weren't really clear to me.

First, what's the difference between Obstacle Sensing System and Obstacle Avoidance?
My guess is that the first refers to the ability of the P4 to avoid obstacle while flying autonomously (Smart RTH, ActiveTrack, TapFly etc ...) by flying around or above them, while the second refers to the ability of the P4 to sense and stop in front of obstacles when it's being manually driven by us. In this case the DJI GO App will alert us of frontal obstacles with beeps and some yellow lines on the screen.

Is that all correct?

Second, why does the DJI GO App prevent me from setting the bitrate of the HD video downlink in the "Image Transmission Settings" tab of the menu? The "custom" button near "auto" is faded out and I can't tap on it, I don't know why. Is there a specific mode or circumstance under which the bitrate for the video transmission can't be customized?

Thanks!
2016-3-29
Use props
sprinta
New

Germany

I understand, that EU customers are not able to change transmission channels. (Custom)

But I don´t understand why its not possible to reduce image transmission rate.  
2016-3-29
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

sprinta@gmx.net Posted at 2016-3-30 02:33
I understand, that EU customers are not able to change transmission channels. (Custom)

But I don´ ...

Hello Sprinta,

Kann ich ehrlich gesagt auch nicht verstehen, da ja die Kanäle automatisch vom Programm ausgewählt oder gewechselt werden.
Ich möchte dir einen kleinen Tipp geben damit du dennoch die transmission rate reduzieren kannst. Wenn du auf Android bist musst du nur die Sprache in den settings (Smartphone oder Tablet) auf Englisch  (USA) stellen. Bei mir klappt es so ausgezeichnet...

Hoffe dir hilfts
2016-3-29
Use props
Vylkeer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18776 ft
Italy

sprinta@gmx.net Posted at 2016-3-29 20:33

But I don´ ...

It's alright now! I was able to manage both the transmission channel and downlink bitrate. It seems like Ch 20 is the best one and I put the bitrate to 4Mbps to get a maximum range of 3 KMs.
I don't know what prevented me from doing it before, when it said "SafeToFly (GPS)" it didn't allow me to, but now at home it said me "SafeToFly (Non-GPS)" and it allowed me to change those settings.
2016-3-29
Use props
sprinta
New

Germany

@patou72  Thx a lot, that worked with the iPad Mini2 as well (Region change, which used to be a problem)

@DJI Nevertheless, it shouldn´t be a problem to lower the stream rate for EU customers as well, w/o need for region adjust.

Personally I´d get along with a default @ lowest rate 4Mbps
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules