Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspired sacrifice :)
2042 18 2015-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Not an Inspire 1 featured on this video, but it's about the DJI drone enthusiasts and guess it would have been the same decision for an Inspire 1.Instead of being dried out of 3k, you'd better choose a cold swim http://youtu.be/VsHMjWORFvI
2015-1-12
Use props
richard
lvl.2

France

Obviously that could have been avoided - but what a save !  
2015-1-12
Use props
gregg
lvl.2

Netherlands

This is hilarious! Had a few near misses like this with my P2. Brings back those moments of shear panic!..
2015-1-12
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I don't understand what happened... Everything I've read about the Inspire suggests you have some control if it's doing a RTH, so that it doesn't try to go for a swim. Can you not cancel out of an RTH with a phantom?
2015-1-12
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-1-13 03:55
I don't understand what happened... Everything I've read about the Inspire suggests you have some co ...

That video was great!!

Sure you can take over manually with a v2+ panic sometimes erases rational thought.
I've heard a lot of these issues are due to the interference from the Go Pro wifi link and too make matters worse the hero4 makes this issue worse if applied to the p2. I was going to just buy a pv2 to attach my new hero 4 too.. Now Im not too fuzzy warm about it after hearing about many fly always and issues like in this video.

Maybe after my cancelation of an inspire with DJI directly and current reorder with the copter shop I too will see what everyone is raving about...Its my Pv2+till then.

2015-1-12
Use props
skinleverton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The video shows a silly mistake by a new owner. Not logging a flight time, flying in high winds. The Phantom was not RTH it was low battery so slow decent. Reading up before flying will help a lot of people but we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.
2015-1-12
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

I always cut flight time in half of whats said to be.
Don't wanna be  THat GuY who rushes to much and pushes thing a bit too far and loose a 3K flying chopomatic.
I find this product interesting and something to put ones mind at ease when flying I guess, just fly responsibly is how I roll.
http://www.drone-mods.com/Drone-Mods-UAV-Locator-DM005.htm

Man I hope I can uphold that I know what happenes when your flying you think you can keep goin for the next shot and so on..

Some shots only require straight up for approx. 20 feet or so and many others can be done cautiously speed is not necessary for me  like I said the fun factor creeps in when flying that's when you pull back and restrain pushing the investment for me at least.

2015-1-12
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-13 05:15
Don't wanna be  THat GuY who rushes to much an ...

I have one and use it on my Phantom. I like it and it works well.
2015-1-12
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

I was wondering about it weight and see its 50 grams that's great news ty.
2015-1-12
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

If you have GPS and your telemetry data beaming back to your screen, you'd never have to take a cold dip! It displays battery percentage and will RTM if the battery gets low.
2015-1-12
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

gizadog@gmail.c Posted at 2015-1-13 06:02
If you have GPS and your telemetry data beaming back to your screen, you'd never have to take a cold ...

That's right forgot about that
2015-1-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thus doesn't make any sense! first of all, where is the Audio coming from! Second, the video is way off to the right, you can only see a bit of the right front of the landing skid. this is not an Inspire or Phantom. I will say that I am not familiar with a Phantom using a Go Pro, I don't know if it has audio but the DJI products have the cameras center mounted and they don't make the amount of noise in the video. The sound is from a fueled engine, maybe a plane or a helicopter with a camera with audio capability mounted on the right (starboard) side. This post doesn't belong here, youtube OK, but nothing to do with a DJI Drone. Sorry, just my two cents worth.
2015-1-12
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-1-13 06:50
Thus doesn't make any sense! first of all, where is the Audio coming from! Second, the video is way  ...

exactly...its a phantom with a go pro OP explains that first post.

"Not an Inspire 1 featured on this video, but it's about the DJI drone enthusiasts and guess it would have been the same decision for an Inspire 1.Instead of being dried out of 3k, you'd better choose a cold swim http://youtu.be/VsHMjWORFvI"
2015-1-12
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-13 06:52
exactly...its a phantom with a go pro OP explains that first post.

"Not an Inspire 1 featured on  ...

Sorry, but to me the Post insinuates that a DJI Quad is the topic. Just my opinion.
2015-1-12
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thus doesn't make any sense! first of all, where is the Audio coming from! Second, the video is way  ...

Do you honestly think it's not a phantom with a Gopro but a Fuelled plane or helicopter haha
2015-1-12
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

In the description of the video, the owner specified very clearly "DJI PHANTOM 2". I also mentioned very clearly that this is not a video featuring Inspire 1. It is simply a nice video with a DJI drone enthusiast, a nice catch and it makes you wonder if you would do the same in that situation. As far as I know, this forum serves as a tool of knowledge for DJI aircrafts, at least this is why I am a member. So, to be honest, I do not understand your problem. You suggest the owner was lying about the manufactureur of his aircraft ? He does not look like Colin Quinn, gues he was not paid by DJI competitors to embarass their products, so maybe it's not the place to start a theory conspiracy. Just enjoy the video and ask yourself if you are willing to make that jump for your DJI drone, simple as that.
2015-1-13
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-13 05:15
Don't wanna be  THat GuY who rushes to much an ...

Thanks, really great device, you just took out of my pocket 130 dollars
2015-1-13
Use props
keith_d2
lvl.3

United States

Watch the reflection in the water as it's going down, but before the pilot stirs up the water. Definitely a Phantom.
2015-1-13
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was a great catch though!
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now