iPad Mini 4 cellular won't connect but iPad wifi does - SOLVED
2019 5 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jennesser
lvl.1

Hi, I'm brand new to drones and bought a Phantom 4.  I also bought a brand new iPad Mini 4 with cellular and cannot get it to connect within the DJI Go app (all I see is "How to Connect"). The only app on the Mini 4 is the DJI app. Wifi, cellular, and Bluetooth on or off, it doesn't matter. I tried a hard reset, multiple lightning cables, nothing. I tried another iPad Mini 4 with cellular and an iPad Air 2 cellular. And neither could connect.  However, an iPad Air 2 wifi only and iPad Mini 3 wifi only DO connect without a problem and fly fine.

The Apple Store replaced the Phantom 4 but I'm still having the same problem. What am I missing?  Searching forums it looks like no one else is having this problem so it must just be me.  Thanks for any insight and helping me out.

Joe
2016-3-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I am not certain of this advice, but it is worth a try. When you device connects for the first time, it tries to connect to the DJI web site, and that might be the issue. If the WiFi only versions can connect, then they are possibly able to make the internet connection. With the cellular versions, try setting up the WiFi connection in the iPad to your local system (if you have one) and you might find it works OK.
2016-3-30
Use props
Jennesser
lvl.1

Thanks Geebax, appreciate your idea but that didn't help.
Called DJI, they couldn't help. Suggested I wipe and start fresh.  I tried a full "Erase All Content and Settings" and set up as a new iPad (no cloud restore), installed the DJI app, still nothing.  

So then I plugged the iPad into my MacBook and used that to erase and set up as a new iPad. That actually worked. No idea why a "cloud" Erase all Content and Settings" would be different than a wired one, but that did the trick.  It's working now!
2016-3-30
Use props
Durkdeboer
New

Netherlands

Thanks for sharing Jennesser! It worked on my iPad mini 3 with cellular in combi with DJI Phantom
2016-5-2
Use props
blackshady
lvl.2

China

Did you turn on the Internet connection of  DJI Go.
If you did and the problem still exist, then you should probably restore your iPad.
And for that purpose, I recommend using tuneskit ios repair software, because it can restore your iPad without data loss.
For further information, you can see: restore ipad without itunes
2019-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Glad to hear of the success in communication between your device and drone.

Happy days are here for you. Enjoy.

These models are a heck of a lot of fun,  once they cooperate and function according to the manual... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules