Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thread for Newbies
307644 909 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
Second Officer

China

Hi Newbies,

Welcome to the official DJI forum! We’re glad to have you here. Before you make your first posts, please read the following guidelines. We hope they can familiarize you with forum and help you start posting as soon as possible. We’re sure you have lots of questions about the forum, so feel free to discuss all kinds of newbie things in this thread. Our forum support team will help you if you have any questions.

Step1: Please read the Forum Rules before posting:

Step2: Login & Register
If you have DJI account, you can use it to login to the DJI Forum.
If you haven’t created a DJI account yet, you can click “Register Now” to begin the process.

When selecting a username, please refrain from using a prefix containing “DJI” eg.“DJI_John, DJI-Josh, or DJI-Jane.” Accounts containing a DJI prefix are used by DJI employees, so please refrain from doing so to avoid any potential confusion.
1.png

You can create new threads or reply to existing threads just 30 minutes after you create an account.

The first time you create a new thread or reply to another forum user, you will see this page:
2.jpg
You can activate your account by clicking the link we send to your mailbox. If you come across any problems during the activation process, please email us at djifansforumadmin@dji.com

Step3: We have 7 forum sections corresponding to each of our product lines:

If you want to discuss a specific product,please do so in the appropriate section.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve the DJI Forums, we welcome you to post them in the “Service” section under the topic 'Forum issues'

Step4: How do I create a new thread?
A.   Choose a product section that your thread is related to.

B.    Click “New Thread” in the top right corner of the page.
4.png

C.    Start writing your post. When you're done click 'New Thread' to start the discussion!
(If you want to complete your post later and save it as a draft, click “save draft”)
5.png

Step5: The Homepage has several functions
‘Posts’ shows the threads you have created.
6.png

‘Replies’ shows the replies you have made to other users.
7.png

‘Friends’ shows the list of your Friends. To add other users as a friend go to his/her homepage and click “Add Friends” displayed on his/her avatar.
8.png

‘PM’ or personal messages shows previous messages between you and you’re your friends. You can start messaging your friends by clicking .
9.png
10.png

'Points' shows the number of DJI points you have earned. Points are earned by posting on the forum and assisting other users.
You can exchange your forum points to DJI Credits. 180 DJI Points = 1 DJI Credit (USD)
*The minimum number of points required for redemption is 1800. The maximum redeemable amount is 5400 points per month. Only multiples of 180 will be accepted.
*Redemption applications can be submittedat any time and will be checked on the first working day of each month. You can only submit one application per month.
*DJI employees are not eligible for point redemption.
points.jpg
‘Favorites’ shows threads that you have previously favorited by hitting the button shown below:
12.jpg
13.png

‘Settings’ allows you to change your username, avatar and other DJI Forum settings.
Click your username and go to “Settings”.
14.jpg
15.jpg

‘Reminders’ shows you all the latest messages you receive from the forum, like replies from other users or system messages.
16.png
*Reorganized by DJI-Delphine*

Regards
DJI-CS

3.png
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Newbie? It'll save you going through pages and pages...                                 Phantompilots.com

1.   If you’ve crashed it and bent the gimbal or tore the little black ribbon cable, you can only send it back to DJI for repair or buy a new camera/gimbal   combination. You CANNOT substitute a GoPro camera with a Zenmuse. End of story. Contact you dealer or DJI.

2.   If your gimbal is shaking and vibrating or off the level, you may be able to repair it following the advice here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19653&hilit=solved

3.   If the gimbal is off level slightly, a full IMU recalibration in the software assistant may cure it.

4.   If you remove the camera/gimbal, you will not be able to see anything in the app.

5.   The camera is NOT replaceable with a GoPro.

6.   If you dunk your V+ in sea water throw it away. Little apart from the plastic is worth saving.

7.   If you dunk your V+ in fresh water, get it out as quickly as possible and take it apart. Use a hair drier liberally and then put everything in a sealed container and cover it in uncooked rice. Leave it there for three or four days before attempting to turn it back on.

8.   Do not take off until you have home point recorded. This is the second set of rapidly flashing green lights. The number of satellites indicated on the   app will turn blue.

9.   If you lose satellites when in flight, the craft will enter ATTI mode and MAY get blown away. This is not a fly away, it is normal. Take control of your aircraft.

10.   When taking off from the ground give it full throttle and release when it gets up a few feet. Let it sit and hover for a while to make sure it responds to all of the controls.

11.   You cannot turn down the yaw sensitivity. Learn to be more gentle with the controls.

12.   You cannot adjust the Return to Home height. It is either current elevation OR 20m (66feet) whichever is highest. If there are buildings or trees in the way when flying at this elevation on Return to Home, the aircraft WILL hit them.

13.   When using waypoints, the craft will fly from the ground to the first waypoint altitude gradually. Imagine a wire stretched between the waypoints that you have added. If there is a tree or a building on that travel route, the aircraft WILL hit it.

14.   The aircraft will complete its waypoint mission even if the transmitter is turned off. It will hover above the home point until you regain control by flicking S1 to ATTI and back again.

15.    Use of prop guards, as these are almost universally accepted to enhance a wobbling state when hovering or descending called Vortex Ring State (Google it). GOOD FOR TRAINING
16.   Standard props and batteries are good.

17.   Flickering in video may be caused by the props creating shadows. A little electrical tape to shield the lens often helps. Or Get Lens Hoods. Check EBAY

18.   There are lots of opinions on using the latest firmware. And everyone will tell you something different. I always use the latest. Just my preference.

19.   If using Windows to upgrade firmware, you have to download the DJI drivers first.

20.   The ‘7th channel’ lever (if you added it) to control tilting the camera down will not work when the app is switched on. Developers are working on a solution but it’s not ready yet.

21.   Booster apps are available to extend the FPV range. Some do a modification with shields behind the antenna to reflect the signal.

22.   There are numerous upgrades to antenna to extend both control range and FPV range.

23.   You can switch the aircraft from Phantom mode to NAZA mode to enable other goodies such as Intellegent Orientation Control (course lock and home lock).

24.  The camera is NOT replaceable with a GoPro. A solution will be released soon. http://youtu.be/1y_aB4gylS8

25.   When flying waypoints you can not control the direction of the unit. You can control the pitch of the camera, but not the yaw of the craft.

26.   When flying in IOC Home Lock or Course Lock you can control yaw, while remaining on course.

27.    If your battery starts to bloat or get puffy, it is bad. DJI only warranty's batteries for 3 months.

28.    Vortex Ring State or Prop Wash can happen even without Prop Guards. So be careful when descending.

These are some common questions by new users of the Phantom 2 Vision + (DJI is not responsible for this post.)
2014-9-28
Use props
steveblack59
New

United States

I just did my first test flight yesterday and everything worked fine - camara was level and the video was good. Today when I powered on - the camara is pointing down - not level. Any ideas?
2014-9-28
Use props
Roadbugs
lvl.1

United States

Mine will normally point down until the app make a connection then it moves to about 45 degrees. Also, above the camera control arrows is the motion control that will move the camera based on motion from the Ipad or Iphone.   
2014-9-28
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

steveblack59@gm Posted at 2014-9-29 03:43
I just did my first test flight yesterday and everything worked fine - camara was level and the vide ...

Is the unit powered on and do you have control of the camera tilt in the Vision App? Are you seeing FPV in the App? Are you flying a Phantom 2 Vision+?
2014-10-1
Use props
kiteflyer60
New

United States

I just got a new P2V+ yesterday and within 40 minutes I lost control of it and it crashed into a palm tree at about 60 feet. The landing gear I can fix, but the gimbal arm is bent and the black ribbon cable is torn.  I can't fix these myself, so will probably be sending it back to dji. I did manage to remove the camera and gimbal from the copter itself and it led to a recommendation I would make to anyone who has not flown one of these things before: Consider removing the camera and gimbal when doing training flights. True, you will not have the FPV function, but from what I can tell from sources here and elsewhere on the net, virtually everyone crashes these copters at some point in their learning curve. So why not just learn to fly it within eyesight and then when you become proficient, put the gimbal and camera back on.
If one of you more experienced flyers out there has a reason why this is a bad idea, please tell me.  
Another suggestion might be to buy a more basic model to learn with.  But if you're like me, you will ignore this wisdom and go for the best unit you can afford.
2014-10-5
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

HI there,

go out and buy a blade nano qx

http://www.amazon.com/Nano-QX-BN ... words=blade+nano+qx

it is about 70 dollars and you can learn in doors and it unit flies much faster so your reaction times have to be faster to master it.
This will allow you to train for hours be for you cash your PV2+ again.

Well at least you know know what to when... with the controller.

PS bay a couple of the nano batteries of course they will last about 5 mins  

Good luck.
2014-10-5
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.3

China

SFOS900 Posted at 2014-10-6 09:13
HI there,

12.   You cannot adjust the Return to Home height. It is either current elevation OR 20m (66feet) whichever is highest. If there are buildings or trees in the way when flying at this elevation on Return to Home, the aircraft WILL hit them.

With the latest firmware update and Phantom Assistant, you can now adjust the RTH altitude for up to 400 feet (120m).
2014-10-9
Use props
kiteflyer60
New

United States

SFOS900 Posted at 2014-10-6 09:13
HI there,

The nano qx does not include the RC unit. Will the Phantom 2 vision + RC unit work with it?
2014-10-9
Use props
artur.jurewicz
New

Poland

Is possible to fully use vision camera from Phantom 2 vision (not +) in Phantom 1 (upgrade kit -new motherboard- installed) with NAZA M1?
I've got WiFi extender + vision camera (from P2V) + cable. Connector fits to motherboard slot, mobile phone see connection to the wifi extenser, leds on camera are blinking ... but there no any vision and telemtry data.
2014-10-11
Use props
stewartlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Just fitted DJI's solder free FPV kit, oSDmini, AVL58 transmitter, hub and black pearl.
Can not for the life of me get a pictureother than what looks like an arctive blizzard.........

Any ideas welcome!
2014-10-12
Use props
Cloud9
New
United States

stewartlee@link Posted at 2014-10-12 23:50
Just fitted DJI's solder free FPV kit, oSDmini, AVL58 transmitter, hub and black pearl.
Can not for  ...

There are 2 versions of the black pearl monitor (32 Channel and 7 Channel)
If you bought the 7 Channel, you'll need to exchange it for the 32 Channel as the 7 Channel is primarily for FatShark transmitters.

If you do have the 32 Channel, you just need to make sure it's on the same channel as the AVL58.
2014-10-12
Use props
premro8
New

Brazil

Hi, I am a new user of DJI Phantom V2+,  i have a question,
will ther be possible to pair 2 remote radio controllers to the same V2+ machine ?  if so how do i do that. I bought a seperate radio controller and WiFi extender, to modify it to extend the range, as i do not want to mess up with the stock remote controller.
my problem is how i can pair this new controller to the machine.
please advise.  thanks- prem
2014-10-13
Use props
paulfkcc
New

United States

I'm trying to assemble an S1000 for the first time and I don't know my butt from first base.  My university just bought it and I've been tasked with learning all things "Drone".  So for my first question, after I've attached the actual GPS unit to the top what do I connect it's wiring to?
2014-10-13
Use props
rcowell
New

United States

I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minutes of each other do I need to set the compass calibration everytime?
2014-10-14
Use props
nemesisnxt
New

United States

rcowell@assetqu Posted at 2014-10-15 05:51
I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minu ...

I'm a newbie too, but I have found that you don't need to calibrate each time.  I have a Phantom 2 Vision plus.
2014-10-16
Use props
Mother Monalisa
lvl.1

China

I am a newbie. Now still struggling with simulator to practise my control skills
2014-10-19
Use props
asaklettern
New

United States

Hey guys, i am not sure if this is a stupid question but i have the phantom 2 and have a gimbal H3-3d on it with the go pro, I was wondering if i can use my Iphone 5s to see real time with my gopro while i fly.  I have heard that it works on the Vision but not sure if it interferes with the GPS on the Phantom
2014-10-21
Use props
knichefilms
lvl.1

United States

paulfkcc Posted at 2014-10-14 11:30
I'm trying to assemble an S1000 for the first time and I don't know my butt from first base.  My uni ...

Hopefully you have a controller to attach the GPS unit to.  I'd recommend you ask the university to buy a Phantom and learn to configure/fly it first.
2014-10-22
Use props
knichefilms
lvl.1

United States

asaklettern@yah Posted at 2014-10-22 05:45
Hey guys, i am not sure if this is a stupid question but i have the phantom 2 and have a gimbal H3-3 ...

The wifi app is a GoPro product not  a DJI product, that works off a wireless broadcast that comes from the GoPro.  The answer is sort of.  Real Time?  No, the GoPro app has a bit of lag, 1-3 seconds.  Not sure on the Vision.  As far as the GPS interference, it shouldn't interfere as GPS signals are different than the 2.4ghz that the Gopro broadcasts.
2014-10-22
Use props
rkroum
New

United States

Just opened my new PV2+.  Everything charged, RC assistant does not recognize controller.  Ideas?  Reinstalled RC and Phantom assistant twice and used two different micro USB cords.  Did not receive a micro USB cord with shipment so had to use some I had on hand.
2014-10-25
Use props
edgar.phil
New

United States

Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a couple of propellers. Not ruined them, just chipped. I don't want to burn through all my props immediately.... is it ok to fly with chipped props or am I going to have trouble?
2014-10-26
Use props
michael.haws
lvl.3

United States

edgar.phil@gmai Posted at 2014-10-27 05:57
Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a c ...

consider purchasing a set of cheap prop guards
2014-10-28
Use props
Cloud9
New
United States

edgar.phil@gmai Posted at 2014-10-27 05:57
Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a c ...

If you're using Windows, you'll need to download the drivers first.
2014-10-30
Use props
thorpoulsen
New

United States

rkroum Posted at 2014-10-26 08:14
Just opened my new PV2+.  Everything charged, RC assistant does not recognize controller.  Ideas?  R ...

You will probably have unbalanced props if they are badly chipped. Unbalanced props cause vibration and can affect the video footage but mostly the motors/bearings. Always have spare props and prop guards are a must for anyone with less than 10 hours of flight time....there is a learning curve no matter how experienced you think you are (wind, terrain, humidity, altitude) all affect performance.
2014-10-31
Use props
ems1016
New

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-28 23:01
"5. The camera is NOT replaceable with a GoPro.               24. The camera is NOT replaceable with a GoPro. . ."

Official word I RECEIVED from DJI regarding Zemuse 3/GoPro Hero 4 compatibility is this:

"        
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Oct 29 09:37

Dear Ed,
Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
We still haven't got confirmation from our R&D department about compatiblity.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your kindly understanding will be highly appreciated."

Furthermore, Cliff over at Atlanta Hobby has successfully combined the two in a package deal, delivery of which I take next week. He has repeatedly confirmed to me that there are "no issues" as to compatibility. I will contribute my own experiences once I use the combo, but have no reason to distrust so respected a member of our hobby or rep of DJI.
Perhaps because DJI does not itself package the product in this manner, it has no financial benefit in addressing the issue itself. I mean no disrespect by this.  Like all businesses, it is all about profitability.  However, there is absolutely no quality comparison between the new Hero 4 and the top of the line camera presently included by DJI.

Eddie
2014-10-31
Use props
tommyrogers
lvl.1

United States

steveblack59@gm Posted at 2014-9-29 03:43
I just did my first test flight yesterday and everything worked fine - camara was level and the vide ...

On the back of your transmitter there is a small lever. While powered on move it left and right to see if anything happens.
2014-11-1
Use props
jruss1966
lvl.1

United States

Is DJI working on the gps problem with the P2VP?  Please make a post to inform your valued customers.
2014-11-1
Use props
RKDauph
New

United States

Just have to say that wobbling is NOT " Vortex Ring State" as stated in #15 above. Vortex Ring State is what we used to call Settling with Power. Settling with Power is a condition of powered flight where the helicopter settles into its own downwash. The condition may also be referred to as the vortex ring state.
#28 does not clarify the matter.

vortex ring state.jpg
2014-11-2
Use props
Irphred
lvl.1

United States

tommyrogers Posted at 2014-11-2 00:19
On the back of your transmitter there is a small lever. While powered on move it left and right to ...

Tommy: Nice to see another Corvette owner on here.
2014-11-3
Use props
tommyrogers
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I have a 2014 Stingray how about you ?
2014-11-4
Use props
Irphred
lvl.1

United States

tommyrogers Posted at 2014-11-4 21:04
Thanks, I have a 2014 Stingray how about you ?

Nice.  I have a 2002 C5.  I live in SoCal. Couldn't pass up the deal.  Only 9k miles on it.  Also have a 67 Mustang convertible.  Both are primo.  Save the wave.  
2014-11-4
Use props
stuart
New

United States

Hi just a couple of things from a Newbie,

Firstly can someone stop it raining in the UK, I want to go and play, still smiling from my first flight, what a great bit of kit!
Secondly I purchased the prop guards with the Phantom 2 but found out of the 10 screws in the packet 5 had damaged heads, oulet said speak to DJI about it.
Thirdly just and idea but why not supply either a Go Pro attachment (cheap one) or a blank plate if your flying without camera?

Can't wait to get flying again BUT it won't stop raining!!!!!

Stuart
2014-11-6
Use props
victor
New

United States

Wanted to jump in and say hello and I’m new to the forms and on top of that just received my FC40 today. Upon opening the box to my surprise there was no kind of manuals or directions of any kind to help in putting this quad together , so glad I did my home work by checking this and you tube out and d/l  the manual from here…
Wanted the vision 2 but after researching and getting this I’m one happy man and this FC40 fly’s so easy and good…all I can say is WOW what took me so long to get into quads and getting DLI Phantom FC40 hoping these are durable and get many hours of flight time in……

2014-11-7
Use props
paul
lvl.1

Ireland

Greetings folks,

Proud new owner of a Phantom 2 Vision+. I picked it up yesterday from the fine folk at Copter Shop Ireland. Great experience, all the help hints and info you could wish for and a long friendly chat about many things into the bargain.

Took a good six hours to get everything connected and working, the app being the real sticking point. Then I found a vid telling me about the QR code on the box...D'oh.

Anyway by the time I had all that sorted it was dark and no flying for me day one.

Today I went out to find a nice quiet open space to have the first flight, many nerves as I prepared to launch over a thousand quid into the sky. No worries, everything went fine. What a easy relaxing first flight, so easy to control in GPS mode. I was soon running through the first exercises recommended. I guess years of being a gamer using a joypad helped here. Everything felt very instinctive and gentle inputs ensured I felt in control at all times. The first film was predictably a little boring But what matters is it all worked, I didn't crash and now the battery is charged again and it's sadly dark again

Ah well, tomorrow is another day and I am now confident I can fly at home. A bit less room, and some trees around but going on today's flight I am a lot more confident that using the same care I took today I can get the first sky shots of my home.

Nice one DJI you have made a sweet piece of kit and I look forward to slowly getting more experience and adventurous over the coming weeks.
2014-11-8
Use props
gailbellenger
New

United States

Hi, I have a Phantom 2 Quad and the Wifi has never stayed connected for more than a second or two. I downloaded the app, even uninstalled and reinstalled, and it seems fine. On the ground, the camera and Wifi work just fine, but as soon as I launch, the connection 'breaks'. I reconnect in flight and again it breaks after a second or two. Any ideas about this? I don't know what to do because the whole point of the Quad was for a small aerial photo business. Help!!!
2014-11-8
Use props
tatstechtalk
New

United States

I fully dischaged the battery, not knowing that was a problem, and left it for about 2 weeks. I also left the charger on for that time period, the charging status light always blinks green even when I charge the battery. Yesterday I hooked up the battery(correctly) to the charger and left it over night, on 3a, with the light blinking green, this morning I took it off and plugged it up to the phatom, and nothing. I looked up that fully discharging the battery is not good, but it seems as though the charger is what's not wrking, how can I get it working again??
2014-11-9
Use props
wave5
New

United States

Hi All, I'm somewhat of a newbie of a Phantom 2. I've had it for a year but not much flight time. I have discovered that if I receive a call or text while flying, it stops the camera. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!
2014-11-9
Use props
kimelsasser
New

Canada

Check your three wire connections from your phantom to your gimbal. When I removed the three wire s I lost wifi connection . So I'm thinking maybe one of the connections is lose.. Just a thought.. It's right above where you put your sd card..
2014-11-9
Use props
wave5
New

United States

kimelsasser@me. Posted at 2014-11-10 10:17
Check your three wire connections from your phantom to your gimbal. When I removed the three wire s  ...

Thanks. Yes, I've checked that and it is connected.
2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules