Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thread for Newbies
311556 916 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneCru
New

United States

Whats the best mobile device to run the DJi Inspire 1 app for transmitted the video feed - My mini iPad seems to not work well - looking for advice on what works best for seeing real time video feed from Inspire - Thanks In advance

Mike
2015-3-16
Use props
superdodoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

smitty@ctvea.ne Posted at 2015-3-5 10:03
Similar question, a two minute vid is 300meg, (1080 @ 15 FPS), would like to be able to send some  ...

WeTransfer.com, you can attach up to 2G of data.
2015-3-19
Use props
rontam
lvl.1
United States

rkroum Posted at 2014-10-26 08:14
Just opened my new PV2+.  Everything charged, RC assistant does not recognize controller.  Ideas?  R ...

Download computer drivers first..
2015-3-29
Use props
rontam
lvl.1
United States

gailbellenger@y Posted at 2014-11-9 08:48
Hi, I have a Phantom 2 Quad and the Wifi has never stayed connected for more than a second or two. I ...

Antenna.  Should point at or close to where drone is.
2015-3-29
Use props
toneil44
New

United States

Just completed my second flight w/ the Phantom 2 Vision +. The Flight battery is low on charge. I have a second fully charged battery. After I insert the new battery, do I need to recalibrate the compass?
2015-4-2
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

toneil44 Posted at 2015-4-2 20:33
Just completed my second flight w/ the Phantom 2 Vision +. The Flight battery is low on charge. I ha ...

No need to recalibrate the battery until you actually change the area you are flying in. Certainly not something you need to do on battery change.
2015-4-2
Use props
toneil44
New

United States

Swerve Posted at 2015-4-2 22:12
No need to recalibrate the battery until you actually change the area you are flying in. Certainly ...

Thanks. Another question.

The DJI Vision App shows up too small on my iPhone for me to comfortably read. iPad mini looks like the perfect size but it is too big to fit into the phone holder on the controller. Any ideas?
2015-4-2
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

toneil44 Posted at 2015-4-3 00:08
Thanks. Another question.

The DJI Vision App shows up too small on my iPhone for me to comfortab ...

You can change the holder to one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FPV-LC ... hone-/321691744882? which is what I have done for the Ipad Air that I use
2015-4-2
Use props
toneil44
New

United States

Swerve Posted at 2015-4-3 05:59
You can change the holder to one like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FPV-LC ... hone-/321691744882? ...

Thanks. Is the bracket adjustable to fit the smaller iPad mini?
2015-4-3
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

toneil44 Posted at 2015-4-3 23:25
Thanks. Is the bracket adjustable to fit the smaller iPad mini?

Yes. On this particular item you get the sliding expandable bracket and another similar to that supplied with the Phantom but slightly bigger. The slider is fine for the mini.
2015-4-3
Use props
vemadisonsr
New

United States

Hi, I have a newbie question.  I purchased a used quad with Naza-M-V1.  Can I upgrade the firmware to V2 or do I have to purchase new hardware?
Thanks,
Vic
2015-4-4
Use props
ivan202009
New

United States

Hey guys I have a Dji Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal and gopro hero 4.  I was wondering if i need the wifi receiver that attaches to the remote to use the DJI app.  Not necessarily for the gopro to show video on my phone but to have information like the gps and altitude and all the other features that it offers.  So do i need the wifi receiver or am i just having a connectivity issue?
2015-4-8
Use props
SolarFlarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14633 ft
United States

rcowell@assetqu Posted at 2014-10-15 05:51
I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minu ...

NO, it is recommended for every flight, but depending on how much you fly it, if you had a soft or hard crash, if it's flying good then leave it be. However if you travel from State to state then it would be wise to give it a new calibration, it only takes a couple minutes if that. GL
2015-4-9
Use props
SolarFlarin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14633 ft
United States

rkroum Posted at 2014-10-26 08:14
Just opened my new PV2+.  Everything charged, RC assistant does not recognize controller.  Ideas?  R ...

Did you download the drivers if you're using PC?, you can find them just below the updates on the download tab of DJI's website....
2015-4-9
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

rontam Posted at 2015-3-30 08:34
Download computer drivers first..

i seem to have the same issue as yourself.. just got mine 2 days ago.. charged everything.. the controller wont get recognised ..   read something about drivers.. did that help you ?  im not sure if i could pull that off...  steve
2015-4-10
Use props
zanemerriwether
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi guys just waitin delivery of a phantom quadcopter so thought i would join the forem
2015-4-14
Use props
andydallas
New

United States

Ok, I  saw a Phantom 2 Vision for $725, thought it was a steal (knew they were  $1k+, and ordered it (can return),   I thought the 3's were going to be $1300 or so, then realized I hadnt done my research and the 3's were $999....Did I make a mistake, should I wait for the 3?
2015-4-19
Use props
Grossi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14199 ft
Poland

Is the new positioning system harmful for pets? I mean like for dogs' ears? Does it disturb them or is it neutral at all?
2015-4-19
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

This is my first post to this forum, like some of you I am waiting for my first quadcopter (P3) to arrive.
Has anyone here attended a DJI New Pilot Experience event?  Any feed back?
2015-4-21
Use props
rmetche
lvl.1

Venezuela

Greetings from Venezuela.

Where I work we got a phantom 2 with the H4-3D gimbal and a gopro4 camera, along with a lightbridge unit so we can use it to project the video feed live on a giant screen.

The drone is in another city so I don't have direct access to it, but so far from what my boss has told me (he's the one that has it right now) it works perfectly, but he hasn't been able to use it with the lightbridge. He's using the standard 2.4 phantom 2 remote control, the upgraded version that has the trainer port in the back. The lightbridge seems to be working, it's sending video back trough the HDMI port, but when the controller is plugged to the trainer port it doesn't recognize it, it doesn't do anything. He then tried to use the control without the trainer port (mistake!!!), and the drone almost flew away, I'm guessing because of interference between the remote and the lightbridge.

So, my question is... is there anything else we'd need to do or upgrade to get the lightbridge to work with the included remote? (2.4 one with the trainer port in the back). I'm thinking it might be some firmware that needs updating or something that I might have to do to disable the 2.4 transmission on the remote when it's using the trainer port to send data trough the lightbridge. It's a little urgent because we need it for an event on sunday and I probably won't get access to the drone to check what's happening before friday night.
2015-4-22
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Just pre-ordered a P3 and joined the forum.  I tried to make a new thread.  to ask a question.  Maybe I missed somewhere that we have to contribute before making a thread.  Anyway, this is my attempt to see if it works.  Sorry for taking up space here but there is no Post button when I made the thread.  Just a save as draft.  Hope this works.  
2015-4-22
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

I just received the P2V plus for my birthday with the New Remote  controller.
The left stick (throttle) locks in the full down position.  Sorta sticky.

Is this normal?
2015-4-23
Use props
tjp84
lvl.1

Finland

I'm probably going to buy P3 and I would like to know if it's possible to stream video from iphones dji app to my apple tv while flying?
2015-4-23
Use props
rozaimicd
New

Malaysia

Hello, i need some assistance and suggestion, what to use to sent video from dji inspire 1 controller to production video mixer for the live broadcast event.
1. Which out put from controller?
2. Say the production control room is far from the inspire 1 been located.
3. Does lightbridge can solve this problem?

Tq.
2015-4-28
Use props
bbrock171
New

United States

Hello all. I just got my phantom 2 tonight, and took it for a test flight, the return-to-home function kicked in (which I didn't even know was a thing) and it flew straight into one of my trees then crashed into the driveway. One of the arms is bent badly, and the board inside the arm that the motor is connected to is broken in half. Is this something that would be worth trying to get the replacement parts and fix myself, or would it just be cheaper/easier to send it in to DJI?
2015-4-29
Use props
deroyh
New

United States

I can't seem to turn on my Phantom. This is right out of the box and I only flew it maybe 20 seconds inside to make sure it worked. I can sure use some info. If I have to take it to be repaired I will but I'm hoping that this might be something I'm just overlooking. I'll list the information bellow. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

When I turned on the copter for the first time I pressed the battery once then a second time and held as stated in manual. The first time the copter turned on and lights flashed. I flipped the controller switch on right 6 times and did the campus calibration rotations as stated in manual. The copter hovered in my kitchen for about 20 seconds and hard landed to the floor. I forgot to mention that I put on the prop guards before take off. When the copter hit the ground it turned off. When I went to turn it on again the copter would not turn on. It makes a quick beep sound and the lights flicker and then the battery turns off.  Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? The landing was hard but far from a crash. Maybe I broke something on the inside but I don't know how to trouble shoot this.

This is a out of the box Phantom 2 V2 with nothing attached.
Batteries are fully charged and the same problem happens with all 3 batteries.
Controller is the newer rechargeable one
The copter has never been hooked up to a computer so firmware is factory
2015-5-1
Use props
deroyh
New

United States

larry.reinstein Posted at 2015-4-24 03:20
I just received the P2V plus for my birthday with the New Remote  controller.
The left stick (thrott ...

My controller does the same thing. I'm almost positive that it's a safety thing.
2015-5-1
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Howcome I can't log into the forum with Safari (on a Mac)? I can log in in Chrome and it works. In Safari I can log in to my account but hitting Login on the Forum page just sends me to my account profile - and it stays "not-logged in" on the Forum.
2015-5-4
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rcowell@assetqu Posted at 2014-10-15 05:51
I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minu ...

no just reset your home point each time
2015-5-5
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wave5 Posted at 2014-11-10 06:40
Hi All, I'm somewhat of a newbie of a Phantom 2. I've had it for a year but not much flight time. I  ...

always put your phone in airplane mode while flying. Write down a check list and read it every time before you fly, example controller battery, wifi battery, phone airplane mode, calibration, drone battery, phone battery etc.
2015-5-5
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

willyboy36 Posted at 2014-11-18 06:48
im planning to get my DJI Phantom 2 v+ ending this month....but after reading all the comment the th ...

Ive had a phantom 2 for a year now and not a worry. as long as you complete your pre-flight check list and stick to the common sense guide lines you will really enjoy.
2015-5-5
Use props
russell.frazier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

tjp84 Posted at 2015-4-24 04:47
I'm probably going to buy P3 and I would like to know if it's possible to stream video from iphones  ...

Excellent question, I would like to know myself.
2015-5-5
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

daramccoy@mac.c Posted at 2015-5-6 04:37
always put your phone in airplane mode while flying. Write down a check list and read it every tim ...

won't the airplane mode shut down the wifi from the iphone?
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

russell.frazier Posted at 2015-5-6 07:16
Excellent question, I would like to know myself.

The answer is possible via Apple Tv or you can stream to YouTube.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

larry.reinstein Posted at 2015-5-8 21:04
won't the airplane mode shut down the wifi from the iphone?

You do not need wifi from the iPhone.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-5 09:19
Howcome I can't log into the forum with Safari (on a Mac)? I can log in in Chrome and it works. In S ...

I am using Safari right now.  I have no issues.  Check your settings.
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rozaimicd Posted at 2015-4-28 19:28
Hello, i need some assistance and suggestion, what to use to sent video from dji inspire 1 controlle ...

HDMI out from the Tx with dual output enabled.  HDMI to SDI converter to the board.  The Inspire used Lightbridge.
2015-5-8
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 02:55
The answer is possible via Apple Tv or you can stream to YouTube.

Thanks Ed.
2015-5-8
Use props
peter.isiqhalo
lvl.1

South Africa

edgar.phil@gmai Posted at 2014-10-27 05:57
Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a c ...

I'm new but I don't land on the ground I let it hover and I walk to it and grab it then power off
2015-5-9
Use props
Jay7
New

India

Hi all I am new to this thread
Have some questions did ask the tech support but got very stupid ans

So hoping of anyone has tried or knows what will happen in below situations

I understand you can't fly above 4500m above MSL and I do understand that the air gets thin and may not fly efficient but

Can I switch off gps and then fly..???

The reason is I am planing on a road trip to khardungla
Refer the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khardung_La
The road is at 5359m above MSL

And I would like to take pics in that place

So...
-Can I fly with gps on..?
-Can I fly with gps off..?
-If I can fly with gps off
---What ll happen when I ll switch gps on while flying at that altitude,
-Will it try to come to 4500m or will it stop responding,
-Will it crash land
-Also I understand return to home may not work as GPS is off but will return tu RC work...?
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules