Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thread for Newbies
311605 916 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
estebansaez
lvl.1

Venezuela

good afternoon, I am a fan of their products, now I just bought a DJI phantom 3 wanted to know when it leaves the upgrade DJI PILOT which brings groun station, follow me, etc .. I'm using a phantom 2 the phantom 3 do not bring it into your program 1.1.0 ..
2015-6-15
Use props
agusmaki
lvl.1

Ecuador

dansrk4 Posted at 2015-5-17 15:38
I decided to buy a Phantom 3, but before doing it I am making a research about the performance of th ...

I have the phantom 2, and live in Quito, Ecuador at 2.800 meters. I fly my phantom all the time and all over without any problems for altitude. I have flown it up in the mountains up to 4.100 meters so you shouldn´t have any problems flying in La Paz or Cochabamba.
The flight time I normally have for each battery is around 20 minutes. There is no need to change anything on motors or propellers.
One issue that I still have no answer for is when I run the IMU calibration on the assistant software, the compass (RAW) shows raw data of the magnetic vector and the normal range is from -500~500. I could never get it to that range, and I think it is because I am located on the southern hemisphere. It is always around 1100 to 1300. So I just assumed it is because of my location. It works just fine. You could see a couple of videos I made from the mountains at www.miradorvisual.com

2015-6-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

agusmaki@hotmai Posted at 2015-6-15 21:35
thank you, that helps me know better how my quadcopter works and that way I can fly safer

My pleasure.
2015-6-15
Use props
Sindymaya
New

Japan

Get upgraded Win/Mac Video to m3u8 Encoder at Pavtube

Good News! Pavtube Studio has recently made great upgrade by adding m3u8 format ouput!

Version number: 4.8.6.2

What's new in this upgrade?

1. MTS/M2TS Converter for Win/Mac, Video Converter for Win/Mac, HD Video Converter for Win/Mac, MXF Converter for Win/Mac, MXF Multimixer, iMixMXF support encoding any videos to .m3u8 format on Windows and Mac
2. Fix some bugs
2015-6-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

estebansaez@yah Posted at 2015-6-16 01:15
good afternoon, I am a fan of their products, now I just bought a DJI phantom 3 wanted to know when  ...

The follow me should be coming soon.
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rcowell@assetqu Posted at 2014-10-15 05:51
I am very new to flying the Phantom 2.   If I am going from location to location within 5 or 10 minu ...

No you do not.
2015-6-18
Use props
agusmaki
lvl.1

Ecuador

anybody know what size hexagon screwdriver is needed to open up the phantom 2?How do you fully discharge the batteries for a phantom 2 in order to do the full discharge / charge cycle after 20 times?
2015-6-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Little132 Posted at 2015-6-21 21:05
Can you move the map to a different area on you're device?

Yes you can do that.
2015-6-23
Use props
superdodoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

Hi Everyone, I just noticed that while the record is on I need to stop  the recording to take a photos then hit the record button again to continue recording. Is it normal. THanks.
2015-6-25
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

superdodoz Posted at 2015-6-26 04:28
Hi Everyone, I just noticed that while the record is on I need to stop  the recording to take a phot ...

superdodoz,

Yes that is normal.  I bought the Litchi app and you're supposed to be able to take pictures while shooting video but I haven't tried it yet.

Mark
2015-6-26
Use props
superdodoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

markhowerton1@y Posted at 2015-6-27 01:47
superdodoz,

Yes that is normal.  I bought the Litchi app and you're supposed to be able to take p ...

Cool. Thanks @markhoweton1. will check that one.
2015-6-26
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

I turned on my Pilot App and now it has a arrow on left side of screen and and the map on the right. i didnt change anything on the settings. it did it all on its own. how do i change that setup?
2015-6-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

agusmaki@hotmai Posted at 2015-6-20 12:30
anybody know what size hexagon screwdriver is needed to open up the phantom 2?How do you fully disch ...

It is a 2.0mm

To fully discharge you can just push the throttle up when the Phantom is trying to auto land from low batterie. Then just watch your batterie percentage until you are at 8% then let it land.
2015-6-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Little132 Posted at 2015-6-28 21:45
I turned on my Pilot App and now it has a arrow on left side of screen and and the map on the righ ...

I am not 100% sure. I will check for you.
2015-6-29
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

markhowerton1@y Posted at 2015-6-27 01:47
superdodoz,

Yes that is normal.  I bought the Litchi app and you're supposed to be able to take p ...

I would like to know how that works for you after you try it.

thanks
2015-6-29
Use props
markhowerton1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-6-30 15:09
I would like to know how that works for you after you try it.

thanks

DJI-Dave,

I tried it today and the video keeps recording. You can tell when you take a picture there is a split second break in the recording.  I'm new to the app so I wasn't sure what it would do.

Mark
2015-7-2
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

markhowerton1@y Posted at 2015-7-3 12:34
DJI-Dave,

I tried it today and the video keeps recording. You can tell when you take a picture th ...

That is good to hear. I will have to try it when I have a chance. I have just been super busy lately.
2015-7-7
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

edgar.phil@gmai Posted at 2014-10-27 05:57
Hi - I'm a newbie and just completed my first flights. Naturally I had a bad landing and chipped a c ...

Never fly with damaged props. They will cause vibration or even worse may come apart and cause you to crash. Best to spend a few dollars for replacing props rather that hundreds for repairs.
2015-7-9
Use props
PhotoFly This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-7-12
Use props
estebansaez
lvl.1

Venezuela

good.They could help me ?. I got an email from DJI. (Phantom 3 Advanced added to support list for Mobile SDK v2.1 release). download the file, V01.01.1007.bin, which comes in the email that Mado DJI. This file is ride my phantom 3 and management software that has to be the DJI Pilot 1.2 or 1.1 ... not quite understand .. please help.
2015-7-15
Use props
estebansaez
lvl.1

Venezuela

good.They could help me ?. I got an email from DJI. (Phantom 3 Advanced added to support list for Mobile SDK v2.1 release). download the file, V01.01.1007.bin, which comes in the email that I send DJI. This file is ride my phantom 3 and management software that has to be the DJI Pilot 1.2 or 1.1 ... not quite understand .. please help.
2015-7-15
Use props
pre_tools
New

United States

My phantom 2 vision+ flewaway got it back. But now it will not hover justs takes off as soon as i take off. tried all the calibrations imu and controler and updates. Is slow to look on sats. changed the antanna block now locks on to 6 or 7 sats but still acts the same. can anybody help.
2015-7-16
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

hello I would like to know which is the best system to discharge the battery before recharging because of p3
2015-7-16
Use props
webbman85
New

South Africa

Hi All

Any one got any idea why an s900 would violently rock intermittently during flight it seems as if it loses balance but I can keep it 2m off the ground hovering with no issues.
I have calibrated IMU several times I have adjusted gains "no change" seems to do it more in wind. Dji now want me to send it to China at my expens and bare in mind it's brand new so I'm hesitant.
I'm hoping I have just missed a step or sone something that could cause this issue.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Simon Webb
2015-7-17
Use props
cbunderwood38
New

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-28 23:01
Newbie? It'll save you going through pages and pages...                                 Phantompilot ...

Why would DJI sell equipment you do not repair because of NO parts or service techs ? Seems to be the worst service in the USA at this time. You have had my P3 for 6 weeks and nothing but lame excuses of "its in line with your repair timeframes" . It is just awful to spend that kind of money to find out about such irresponsible service for your paying customers..:@
2015-7-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

PhotoFly Posted at 2015-7-12 18:15
Dear Friends,

I writing here, instead creating a new topic, because I think this is regular problem ...

Try the following if your Pilot App crashes : Wi-Fi off, Airplane mode on, mobile data off, background apps closed, download manager process stopped/disabled temporarily, power cycling the phone, turning the pilot app on/off, upgrading firmware, and uninstalling/reinstalling the DJI Pilot App
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

PhotoFly Posted at 2015-7-12 18:15
Dear Friends,

I writing here, instead creating a new topic, because I think this is regular problem ...

Try the following if your Pilot App crashes : Wi-Fi off, Airplane mode on, mobile data off, background apps closed, download manager process stopped/disabled temporarily, power cycling the phone, turning the pilot app on/off, upgrading firmware, and uninstalling/reinstalling the DJI Pilot App
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

pre_tools@hotma Posted at 2015-7-17 06:47
My phantom 2 vision+ flewaway got it back. But now it will not hover justs takes off as soon as i ta ...

If you have done all the calibrations and updates and nothing helped you will need to send it in for repair.
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

asfodelo42 Posted at 2015-7-17 15:26
hello I would like to know which is the best system to discharge the battery before recharging becau ...

I usually just fly in place.
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

webbman85 Posted at 2015-7-17 22:35
Hi All

Any one got any idea why an s900 would violently rock intermittently during flight it seems  ...

I would just say really work on those gains before you send it in.
2015-7-19
Use props
webbman85
New

South Africa

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-20 14:56
I would just say really work on those gains before you send it in.

pushed the basic gains from 110% to 140% without a change i don't know how far i can shift the gains.
Attitude gains all at 220% +-
2015-7-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

webbman85 Posted at 2015-7-20 22:45
pushed the basic gains from 110% to 140% without a change i don't know how far i can shift the gai ...

You can go from 90% to 190% on basic depending on the craft
2015-7-20
Use props
webbman85
New

South Africa

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-21 00:12
You can go from 90% to 190% on basic depending on the craft

Thanks will give it a test all the way at 190 %
2015-7-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

webbman85 Posted at 2015-7-21 01:28
Thanks will give it a test all the way at 190 %

Ok, here is a really good article on gains.
Just some good to know stuff.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Gains_Setting
2015-7-20
Use props
gixxer161
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3026306 ft
United States

cbunderwood38@m Posted at 2015-7-18 07:25
Why would DJI sell equipment you do not repair because of NO parts or service techs ? Seems to be  ...

My first purchase of a DJI product (Phantom 3 advanced) and it just shut down for no reason during it's 4th flight and then after putting be battery back in to at least close out the video file, the thing was sparking internally and almost caught on fire. It's a total loss and no fault of mine that I can find.... now I can't get through to anyone. I have bought many Align products and things from Horizon and other places, I have been able to talk to someone any time I have ever called, although their products don't just fail for no reason..... so far this is not looking good for establishing a new customer. ME. the first few flights and the last flight (except the ending) were great flights, everything worked much better than I expected. it's too bad the thing failed as it did, I would never know how bad customer service is. Tomorrow is another day, I will waste more time trying to call a human.... I don't mean to sound so negative, but calling all day long with nothing but a recording hanging up on a person is not good!
2015-7-20
Use props
phil.sublime-im
New

United Kingdom

Apologies folks, a complete newbie here -  please have patience

Following a recent crash (4th time out of the case) it would appear that the micro SD that was on board is damaged - clips from that morning are OK but those from just before (and a few hours after) the crash are unplayable.   This is proven (i think) by the fact that I  can now record and playback with a NEW SD but not with the old crash one.

Anyhow, the files on the card are .mov whereas the clips streamed to the tablet are .mp4

These streamed clips play on the tablet and even in Photoshop CS6 but not on my edit PC.  I have downloaded Prism video converter from NCH and this will play the clips in a preview mode (apart from the recording during the actual crash) but does not appear to be able to convert them.   It is true that my edit PC is so old that it has likely never heard of .mp4 (and frankly I am too).

It seems that perhaps there are also umpteen mp4 versions and that the DJI (P3) one is not commonplace?

Anyone willing to explain and assist in really simple terms would be appreciated.
2015-7-21
Use props
fabian.miller
New

Germany

Hello everybody!
I'm new here in this forum. I have an Inspire1 and I'm from Germany.

I have already seen some of your nice pics in other threads!

Please have a look on my website too, especially in the menue "Luftaufnahmen" you can find some of my pics: www.fabian-miller.de

Further, I have a Youtube Video onlne since yesterday, woulb be nice when you like it:

Thanks! Fabian
2015-7-22
Use props
phil.sublime-im
New

United Kingdom

A further query regards the crash and apparent loss of control ....

My P3 seems to fly sideways and backwards and alter altitude without an issue - but when moving attempting to move forward it seems to be intermittent with some forward push on the conttroller resulting in a move of the drone sideways...

Any thoughts please?
2015-7-23
Use props
mikedaniels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48986 ft
United States

is there a link that explains the DJI forum points ($) and redemption?
2015-7-23
Use props
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-28 23:01
Newbie? It'll save you going through pages and pages...                                 Phantompilot ...

NOOB Questions:
is anyone using pov goggles with their p3, and what kind? Im getting weak transmission messages on my tablet at about 1/2 mile range. its a Sony xperia z1. can that range be extended? Where is the best place to get spare batteries? all local dealers are out and have no idea when they will get more.
This machine is a lot of FUN so far! I cant wait for the updates for features like orbit, tether etc!
2015-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules