Any Goggles to help you see screen Better?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ericdavies66
New

United States

Hi, I have Phantom 3 profesional and use it a bunch at the beach.  Most of the times it's bright sunshine and hard to seeing my IPad mini screen.  I know they make FPV glasses for drone racing but they are kind of expensive is there a better option.  My friend said there are goggles that hold a smart phone in that are reasonable.  I know they also make vissor that attach to ipadsbut I still would like to see screen better for complete good control and good filming!  Any ideas?

2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Unfortunately there are no official FPV glasses but i believe some experienced user could give you advice.
If you choose FPV glasses with hdmi input, don't forget to install a HDMI module on your phantom 3 professional's RC. Here is the video:
2016-3-31
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

Hoodman.  It will block out all the sun if you use both pieces.
2016-3-31
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

You can purchase a set of something like the VRBox goggles ( about 25 dollars on ebay ) that hold a smartphone.  To use these,  you must install the Litchi app.  Note:  I do not know if it works with IOS.  I use Android.  As an added bonus,  this will allow you to control the tilt of the camera gimbal by tilting your head.  You will get about a 70 degree field of view at 720p resolution with these.
Also note:  It is,  or soon will be,  illegal to fly using FPV goggles according to new proposed FAA rules.
Any decent screen shield will help with glare.  A bigger tablet will provide a better view.

If you decide on something like FatShark goggles,  be prepared to pay over 350 dollars for the goggles and another 99 dollars for the Hdmi module.
2016-3-31
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

If you use iPhone, take a look of FPV Camera for DJI app (iOS only) FPV Goggles

2016-4-1
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Homido VR goggles and Litchi app to fly. Head tilts will tilt the gimble. Homido VR goggles $70 Litchi App $20. FUN TIME....PRICELESS!
2016-4-1
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Larsenandson Posted at 2016-3-31 23:00
Hoodman.  It will block out all the sun if you use both pieces.

Second the HoodMan.  A pain to put on but awesome for letting you see the screen.
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules