Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Firmware Failure
23179 26 2016-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexqd3
lvl.1

Hello DJI Community,

Im very excited to be apart of this community, has I have just purchased my first drone.

Today i tried preparing my unit to take flight for the first time at my local park. I was able to successfully update the firmware on the controll, but everytime I try to upgrade the firmware on the Drone; I get slapped with the attached error message. I really hope it is something i am over looking, and I don't have to ship the item back to DJI.

My Battery is fully charged, Ive formatted the SD card after multiple failed attempts, The Phantom 4 is on during the update process, and it's connected to my iMac, and Directly connected to the internet, no wifi.

Does anyone have a solution that I can try? Thank you.

Error Message

Error Message
2016-4-2
Use props
alexqd3
lvl.1

ChiefPilot Posted at 2016-4-3 04:05
Did you do a quick format or a full format (OS X) with disk utility on the SD Card?

EXFAT Secure. Slowest Format
2016-4-2
Use props
stussyredhat

United States

Did you install the driver for your mac also? When you mount dmg there are 2 things the app and the driver you must execute the driver before the firmware will update correctly.
2016-4-2
Use props
alexqd3
lvl.1

stussyredhat@st Posted at 2016-4-3 04:34
Did you install the driver for your mac also? When you mount dmg there are 2 things the app and the  ...

Yes I did, and restarted my computer after as suggested.
Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 5.02.55 PM.png
2016-4-2
Use props
alexqd3
lvl.1

**UPDATE SOLVED**
Just in case anyone else gets this problem in the future.

I downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac. Installed the included driver, restarted my computer again.

My SD card had to be re-formatted again. Full Format, not quick.

After formatting twice, I was able to install the new firmware, but my drone wasn't connecting to the app.

The DJI GO app had to be uninstalled and re-installed for the Drone to connect.

2016-4-2
Use props
dannyblack
lvl.1
Australia

alexqd3@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-3 08:20
**UPDATE SOLVED**
Just in case anyone else gets this problem in the future.

I'm having the same problem.. did you re format with OS X or on the DJI GO app?
its really irritating because i was able to fly it before i did any updates!
2016-4-29
Use props
alessandro.mali
New

Italy

Its very very very irritating!!! I'm having the same problem too!
Without updates was ok, and now I can't fly! :-(
2016-5-15
Use props
alessandro.mali
New

Italy

PROBLEM SOLVED
I'm been in Apple Store and change it with a new Phantom 4!!!
I'll never do any update now! u.u
2016-5-16
Use props
vesselov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3094888 ft
Kazakhstan

I try update my Phantom4, but after 72% - update failed.
After restart - update failed time to time.
*Error code: 0002
*Update Error. Reastart the device and retry.
*Note: Restart Phantom 4 before updating the firmware.

update.jpg
2016-8-25
Use props
vesselov
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

Look at this picture
DJI2.jpg
DJI.jpg
2016-8-25
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What happens after you restart everything , after powering down and restarting all devices ?

Running assistant 2 from a PC with a stable network connection might work better.
2016-8-26
Use props
sniper7868
New

Australia

Hi all
I just wanna introduce how I solve the problem after many time update failed.
It is mainly internet connection problem. I upgraded firmware with Wi-Fi and get closer to the modem, I did format before upgrading.   
I hope it helps you.
2016-9-5
Use props
sniper7868
New

Australia

I just wanna introduce how I solve the problem after many time update failed.
It is mainly internet connection problem. I upgraded firmware with Wi-Fi and get closer to the modem, I did format before upgrading.   
I hope it helps you.
2016-9-5
Use props
cgallardo
Flight distance : 209081 ft
Chile

hello DJI community,

I'm from chile south america, I just bought a Phantom 4. I've configured everything, I've flown smoothly, but before flying, also gave the update error. I have reviewed this forum, I have fear to update, I have not tried again, nor have reformatted the SD memory.

Do you recommend updating me ?.

thanks for your help
CROC

2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

cgallardo Posted at 2016-9-7 00:05
hello DJI community,

I'm from chile south america, I just bought a Phantom 4. I've configured every ...

DJI recommends being on the latest firmware, but you are free to leave it on the firmware it is currently on.
If you do update, you can do it through the app or the Assistant2 software from your home computer.
2016-9-6
Use props
cgallardo
Flight distance : 209081 ft
Chile

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-6 14:46
DJI recommends being on the latest firmware, but you are free to leave it on the firmware it is cu ...

HI Ken,
It has updated!! But not with iPhone6 DJI GO. but correctly with DJI assistant 2 from PC, yes !!.
thanks for your cooperation

2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

cgallardo Posted at 2016-9-7 04:01
HI Ken,
It has updated!! But not with iPhone6 DJI GO. but correctly with DJI assistant 2 from PC,  ...

No problem, glad your updated and out flying. Enjoy.
2016-9-6
Use props
Phantom_user
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

do you solve your problem? i have same symptoms
2016-11-7
Use props
fans4f64bd86
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

Phantom_user Posted at 2016-11-8 10:45
do you solve your problem? i have same symptoms

Yes. I send my P4 service centre in China. After repair all Ok. Upgrade and downgrade firmware ok.
2016-11-14
Use props
Phantom_user
lvl.1
Kazakhstan

fans4f64bd86 Posted at 2016-11-15 10:27
Yes. I send my P4 service centre in China. After repair all Ok. Upgrade and downgrade firmware ok.

How much you spend money to send to China, and what mail (courier?). DJI support repair this issue for free, or you paid some money? Thank you for your question and experience.
2016-11-17
Use props
bekarazika
New
Georgia

Hello

I try update my Phantom 4 pro, but after 32% - update failed.

*Error code: 0x020c03
*Update Error. Reastart the device and retry.
*Note: Restart Phantom 4 before updating the firmware.
2017-4-30
Use props
fans93e6780d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 489439 ft
Belgium

Hi all,

I have not flown my Phantom for 6 months and when I tried to get it working today, it was a mess.

The Updating failed as described above.

However, I have removed the SD card altogether and the firmware is now updating.  I do not know why this is because I thought the SD card is only used to store photos and video.

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/e2c5a670-b4c1-458f-851b-52d32e6f7b82[/img]

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

P

2018-2-4
Use props
fansbf03994f
Flight distance : 824016 ft
Italy

Hello, I have a problem with the firmware upgrade to Phantom 4.
The Phantom 4 worked perfectly before the firmware attempt.

After the update failed several times (about 20x), I did a factory reset.

I use three Dji Assistant 2 versions.
In the older version for Phantom 4 I get two firmware versions.
The version V02.00.0700 (New) is downloaded to 98%, then the upgrade starts on the threats and always breaks between 1 and 8%.
The version V02.00.0106 is down to 96% downloaded, then the upgrade starts on the threat and always breaks off between 1 and 8%.
The version which is normally used for the Mavic Air downloads the update to 100%, Trasmission is also 100%, Updating remains stuck at 20%.
The other newer Dji Assistant 2 for Phantom 4 version only displays "Can not Load Firmware List. Please Retry".
In the Dji Go4 app on Samsung Galaxy S8 I have since the factory reset no more access to the drone.
My dji account is registered with the following e-mail address: norbert.obermair@gmail.com

Many Thanks!
Obermair Norbert

2018-3-2
Use props
ICTEA
lvl.1

Mexico

HI, I NEED HELP WHIT MI PHANTOM 4, SINCE I DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST VERSION, THE PROBLEM IS "NO SIGNAL TRANSMISION"
I TRY TO INSTALL ANOTHER UPGRADE AND SHOW IS "UPLOAD ERROR LOG"
2019-7-31
Use props
Celo1017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323235 ft
United States

Same hear , after updating firmware and failing to update I am on the same boat with you . I sent my drone in an tried to explain this was after trying to update firmware. Same errors , DJI assist also failed . They want to charge me 499$ for something I didn’t crash or mishandled. This has been going on longer than a month with no answers , Manger Sheri has been the only understanding person who I’ve spoken to .  Customer service from there support team has been very difficult. I’ll hold back on sharing everything still have faith they can help me out . I will share when I have answers
2019-8-4
Use props
Celo1017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323235 ft
United States

Case Number:CAS-3267316-B8G3P5
2019-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules