Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Video File Corruption
12Next >
10149 51 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwatts9942
lvl.1
United States

I am having a terrible time with corrupt videos on my Osmo.  I have been using it for months without issue but after using it heavily this weekend I ended up with about 10% of the videos corrupted.  I have tried putting the card back into the Osmo, turning it on, and then correctly power it off; but this didn't repair the files.  What else can be done to recover these files so that they are usable?  It represents several hours worth of work and I would really hate to loose the files.
2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry that you are experiencing this.
Could possibly be an error with the SD card.
There may be some tricks to repair corrupted files by doing a Google search.
2016-4-4
Use props
rwatts9942
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 10:44
I am sorry that you are experiencing this.
Could possibly be an error with the SD card.
There may be ...

Thanks for the reply.  It isn't a corrupt SD card.  I think the problem was that I was putting the Osmo into sleep mode too quickly.  I have been shooting at 1080p but recently changed to 4k video.   It takes longer for it to finish up when you stop recording and I believe that I clicking it to sleep before it finished.  The battery time is precious so I always try to put it to sleep as quickly as possible.  It would be very nice is DJI could update the firmware so that it would finishing everything before going to sleep.

As for my files....I was able to find utilities online that recovered the files.  It was a major pain in the neck.  DJI should release a utility that made this process a little easier.
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rwatts9942 Posted at 2016-4-6 02:17
Thanks for the reply.  It isn't a corrupt SD card.  I think the problem was that I was putting the ...

I see, glad you get it going.
When you power off it should finish recording the data then power off. But maybe it's not working like that in sleep mode.
I've noted and will inquire about it.
2016-4-5
Use props
rwatts9942
lvl.1
United States

I went back out this weekend and filed a lot of material.  I paid extra close attention to ensure that I gave the Osmo plenty of time to finish things up when I stopped recording before I put it to sleep or powered off.  However, I still had about 20% of the file end up being corrupted.  Could it be something with the latest firmware?  I have never had this problem before and I use my Osmo a lot.  It is almost unusable with such a high level of corruption occurring.  Please advise what I can do to try to resolve this.
2016-4-9
Use props
rwatts9942
lvl.1
United States

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix or address the corruption issue?  It is pretty obnoxious to spend all day filming only to discover that 20% of your files are corrupted.
2016-4-14
Use props
woodycarr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12677 ft
United States

rwatts9942 Posted at 2016-4-5 14:17
Thanks for the reply.  It isn't a corrupt SD card.  I think the problem was that I was putting the ...

Hi rwatts9942. I shot my first event with Osmo this weekend. I guess I was too "stop happy" trying to conserve battery power. Nearly 50% of my 4K files are corrupted.

I've tried multiple recover apps trying to get the files back. What did utility did you use to recover your files?  Many thanks!
2016-4-30
Use props
rwatts9942
lvl.1
United States

woodycarr@gmail Posted at 2016-4-30 22:56
Hi rwatts9942. I shot my first event with Osmo this weekend. I guess I was too "stop happy" trying ...

I used the utility that is described here:  http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

It works most of the time but is kind of a pain.  It doesn't recover the files to MP4s but rather .h264 files that are not readable by most products.  I had to use the VLC viewer to convert them to .mp4 files.  It is a slow process.

With regards to the corruption, I have pretty much given up on 4k with the Osmo.  No matter what I try, I can't get any better than about 20-25% corruption on all of my files.  When I switch to 2k filming, everything is fine.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rwatts9942 Posted at 2016-5-4 04:06
I used the utility that is described here:  http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video- ...

If your Osmo is still corrupting files and you've updated to the latest firmware and tried several different SD cards then you may want to send it in to be looked at.
Can you also post a quick video link of one of the files.
2016-5-4
Use props
THHJx4d2hwI2
New

Guatemala

Hi !!!  i had the same problem with my osmo with corrupted files.  I importes de files from the SD card,  but was not able to import  all of them it have me an error.  This error happened with the last two clips with were the ones that a could not import.   th e thing is that if I  play back in my osmo i´m able to see those clips.  the problem seems to be when i want to import them.  what could I do to solve this problem and recover those clip.
thk
Pablo

2016-10-7
Use props
THHJx4d2hwI2
New

Guatemala

rwatts9942 Posted at 2016-5-3 14:06
I used the utility that is described here:  http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video- ...

10#
Hi !!!  i had the same problem with my osmo with corrupted files.  I importes de files from the SD card,  but was not able to import  all of them it have me an error.  This error happened with the last two clips with were the ones that a could not import.   th e thing is that if I  play back in my osmo i´m able to see those clips.  the problem seems to be when i want to import them.  what could I do to solve this problem and recover those clip.
thk
Pablo

2016-10-7
Use props
AiReal
New
United States

I have the same problem, except about 30% of my videos are corrupted. It all started happening after I completed an update this past Friday (July 16, 2017). I didn't have any success with the live555 fix. Help us DJI.....
2017-7-16
Use props
Simon J Coulson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 824436 ft
Italy

Flew from Australia all the way to Italy to film a freinds wedding, the ceremony is corrupt :-(
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Simon J Coulson Posted at 2017-7-23 13:54
Flew from Australia all the way to Italy to film a freinds wedding, the ceremony is corrupt :-(

Really sorry for the trouble caused, unfortunately, we are incapable to restore the corrupted video.
Please consult other experts who specialize in video recovery for assistance, you have our sincere apologize.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans5118d392
lvl.1
United States

The latest firmware (1.10.2.60) is bad.  I am really surprised that DJI is leaving it available still on their site.  I upgraded to it earlier this month right before taking a trip to Alaska and about 20-25% of my files were bad and unrecoverable.  I worked with my Osmo for about a week trying to resolve the issue.  I reloaded the firmware (1.10.2.60), checked my settings, changed my SD card, etc.  Nothing resolved the issue.  I would consistently have a failure rate of 20-25% of the files.  When I returned home (to North Carolina), I downgraded to 1.2.8.40 and have had ZERO issues.  I have probably shot over 200 clips and have had 100% success on the old firmware.

So the question is....DJI....Why are you leaving an obviously flawed firmware on your site for people to download and use???
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5118d392 Posted at 2017-7-26 11:39
The latest firmware (1.10.2.60) is bad.  I am really surprised that DJI is leaving it available still on their site.  I upgraded to it earlier this month right before taking a trip to Alaska and about 20-25% of my files were bad and unrecoverable.  I worked with my Osmo for about a week trying to resolve the issue.  I reloaded the firmware (1.10.2.60), checked my settings, changed my SD card, etc.  Nothing resolved the issue.  I would consistently have a failure rate of 20-25% of the files.  When I returned home (to North Carolina), I downgraded to 1.2.8.40 and have had ZERO issues.  I have probably shot over 200 clips and have had 100% success on the old firmware.

So the question is....DJI....Why are you leaving an obviously flawed firmware on your site for people to download and use???

Sorry for the trouble caused. We are collecting the material and trying our best to locate the problem.
We cannot tell if it's firmware issue at the moment, but if it is, our engineers will fix it as soon as possible.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-7-27
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42228 ft
Italy

I had same problem on my new Osmo+. I've used just two time, since it just arrived, the firmware version is the last 1.5.0.90.
First time I tried 2 or 3 video and 1 was corrupted, i didn't take much importance thinking about some included card problem, so I change micro SD and formatted. The day after I went out to record some new video when I'm back to home 2 files of 30 video were corrupted.
I didn't try recovery because I was just trying the osmo but I'm afraid of the future when I need it for work. After some search I find this topic that seems to be still actual.
Anyone else with osmo plus have experienced same thing?
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-7-30 04:50
I had same problem on my new Osmo+. I've used just two time, since it just arrived, the firmware version is the last 1.5.0.90.
First time I tried 2 or 3 video and 1 was corrupted, i didn't take much importance thinking about some included card problem, so I change micro SD and formatted. The day after I went out to record some new video when I'm back to home 2 files of 30 video were corrupted.
I didn't try recovery because I was just trying the osmo but I'm afraid of the future when I need it for work. After some search I find this topic that seems to be still actual.

donachy, is that possible to upload several corrupted files to Dropbox and post the link to us? Our engineers are locating the problem and need these files. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-7-31
Use props
Antz
New

Finland

Same problem here. Went to a trip to shoot video with my new Osmo and 10% of the data is corrupted. It shows normally on the phone but when i try to transfer it to computer the file is only 2mb and there is no video, only audio.

The data is quite important, as its work related and I dont have time to go back there.

Is there ANY way to get the data work properly?
2017-7-31
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-31 01:39
donachy, is that possible to upload several corrupted files to Dropbox and post the link to us? Our engineers are locating the problem and need these files. Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks Mindy, I sent you the links via Private message.
I noticed the same thing that another user said in another topic. Both corrupted video have size of more or less 2MB
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

donachy78 Posted at 2017-8-2 00:09
Thanks Mindy, I sent you the links via Private message.
I noticed the same thing that another user said in another topic. Both corrupted video have size of more or less 2MB

Copy that, thank you for your update, I will report this concern to our engineers for analysis. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-2
Use props
Antz
New

Finland

Is there any news on this problem? It seems now 90% of the files gets corrupted.
2017-8-3
Use props
Antz
New

Finland

I have to say I am quite dissappointed in my purchase. I need a camera i can trust.

Its part of my job to get proper video material, and now that i finally got the device which should be professonial (and expensive) it doesnt work at all and i cannot trust it a bit. Now i might go to trip for several days to film material just to get back home to see that they are all corrupted.

Whats up with this? It would be better for me to shoot video on my phone, since then i can actually get some video.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Antz Posted at 2017-8-3 13:23
I have to say I am quite dissappointed in my purchase. I need a camera i can trust.

Its part of my job to get proper video material, and now that i finally got the device which should be professonial (and expensive) it doesnt work at all and i cannot trust it a bit. Now i might go to trip for several days to film material just to get back home to see that they are all corrupted.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback, our R&D engineers are trying their best to test the problem and will get it addressed very soon, appreciate your patience and understanding.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thank you for your feedback and apology for the inconvenience. We are doing some testing internally and will update the firmware if we find the root cause.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post on 5# is from our R&D engineers, please check.
We sincerely apologize for all inconvenience and trouble that have been caused.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans5118d392
lvl.1
United States

It is definitely the latest firmware and you really should remove it from your site so people stop downloading it.  I have probably shot over 300 clips since downgrading and have had zero issues.  EVERY time I filmed with the latest firmware I would have 20-30% corruption (the files would only be about 2meg in size).

Just because you can't find the root cause yet doesn't mean you should let people keep using an obviously flawed firmware that they think is good.
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5118d392 Posted at 2017-8-7 17:46
It is definitely the latest firmware and you really should remove it from your site so people stop downloading it.  I have probably shot over 300 clips since downgrading and have had zero issues.  EVERY time I filmed with the latest firmware I would have 20-30% corruption (the files would only be about 2meg in size).

Just because you can't find the root cause yet doesn't mean you should let people keep using an obviously flawed firmware that they think is good.

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience, but this issue occurs in Osmo+ mostly from customer's feedback, which Osmo do you own? If it's Osmo, would you please provide me your firmware version and upload several corrupted footage?
Our engineers are working on more test and locating the problem, and will get it addressed as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-7
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

If could help, i changed video format from mp4 to mov. I shooted more than 20 videos without any file corrupted.
I should try to back to mp4 to see if there is a file format problem.
Could someone confirm that the problem is just on mp4? There is someone that have problem also on mov?
2017-8-7
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

donachy78 Posted at 2017-8-7 23:13
If could help, i changed video format from mp4 to mov. I shooted more than 20 videos without any file corrupted.
Could someone confirm that the problem is just on mp4? There is someone that have problem also on mov?

Sorry, I have to add that first time I recorded in 4k while last times in fullHD
2017-8-8
Use props
danielleemartin
New
Flight distance : 68501 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-4 02:15
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback, our R&D engineers are trying their best to test the problem and will get it addressed very soon, appreciate your patience and understanding.

Yeah, this needs to be fixed immediately. I had a very important video shoot yesterday and half of my Osmo files are corrupt. This is really unacceptable.
2017-8-9
Use props
danielleemartin
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 19:44
We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience, but this issue occurs in Osmo+ mostly from customer's feedback, which Osmo do you own? If it's Osmo, would you please provide me your firmware version and upload several corrupted footage?
Our engineers are working on more test and locating the problem, and will get it addressed as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.

Where can I send a corrupt file?

2017-8-9
Use props
danielleemartin
New
United States

FYI - My files that were recorded yesterday and are corrupt are in .mov format 4k.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

danielleemartin Posted at 2017-8-9 04:42
Where can I send a corrupt file?

Martin, really sorry for the trouble caused, our engineers have been aware of this issue and are doing more test to locate the problem and get it fixed, please wait patiently for the next firmware update.
2017-8-9
Use props
donachy78
lvl.2
Italy

danielleemartin Posted at 2017-8-9 05:07
FYI - My files that were recorded yesterday and are corrupt are in .mov format 4k.

Ok thanks for the info. So maybe there is a 4k problem.  I will try also in mov 4k.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans5118d392
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 19:44

I am using just a standard Osmo.  I have been able to reproduce the problem in both MOV and MP4 using all of the different 4k variations available.

I have dozens of examples I can upload if you just tell me where to send them.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5118d392 Posted at 2017-8-12 05:49
I am using just a standard Osmo.  I have been able to reproduce the problem in both MOV and MP4 using all of the different 4k variations available.

I have dozens of examples I can upload if you just tell me where to send them.

We have been aware of this issue and working on locating the problem and getting it fixed, appreciate your patience for the next firmware update.
2017-8-13
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

donachy78 Posted at 2017-8-7 23:13

.mov has become a problem for me today.
2017-8-16
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-13 19:29
We have been aware of this issue and working on locating the problem and getting it fixed, appreciate your patience for the next firmware update.

Do you know how long this will be please?

Mine is a brand new Osmo - I have literally managed to shoot one set of footage fine and now today (my second proper day of shooting) and I've lost 11/19 clips - that's over half of my footage gone for a client!

Could some support be given in retrieving these clips?  This is not what I expect from a brand new device.
2017-8-16
Use props
sarah5
New
Chile

fans5118d392 Posted at 2017-7-26 11:39

Leaving it up and then pushing new users to download it knowing it's flawed - I got one day use out of my brand new Osmo and now feel like returning it - because of this issue I've let a client down today and I'm not at all impressed!

How do you downgrade the software please?  It would be great to know at least that I can get some footage as right now I'm sitting on an expensive week-old paperweight  
2017-8-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules