Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 100 component weight and payload
6828 5 2016-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a.wolff
lvl.1
Australia

I have a few questions regarding the Matrice100 components combinations and take-off weight.

What is the total take-off weight - 3400g or 3600g ?
Are there different motor/esc options available for the Matrice 100? In the shop it says for the motor kit it says: Improved to function in extreme working conditions.

We bought our Matrice 100 shortly after it has released. We added to it the guidance system, X3 camera/gimbal and dual battery.
The total take-off weight of this setup is 3830g (TB47D batteries) and we have been flying this setup in our test facility for about 15min. The motors are warm but by far not hot and the batteries are hand warm.
Flying this setup with only 1 TB47D battery (3360g) the battery gets hot 57'C but motor fell the same as flying with 2 batteries - flight time 10min

Battery setting: 30% battery warning - landing at 25%

We want to fly the Matrice 100 with the X5. At the moment we using the inspire to carry the X5 but we want to take the advantage of the guidance system. Since the last firmware update with option to set the min. distance the Matrice is a dream to use!!!!!

The kit to attach the X5 to the Matrice 100 is available but I can not find any information about the weight different between x3 setup to x5 setup (excluding the camera itself).
If we attach the X5 to Matrice 100 what else can we use to fly the copter without exceeding the weight limit.
Our minimum requirement is X5 with guidance system. By my calculations the take-off weight with X5 and guidance system should be 3670g (without the extra weight form the x5 mounting kit) using 1 battery.

Thank you
Arnie

2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
The recommended take off weight is 3400g.
For more information, please refer to http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Matrice_100
Thanks!
2016-4-5
Use props
fansfce50b11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247549 ft
Australia

Hi All, what exactly is the MTOW of the Matrice 100, the specs on DJI's web page clearly states MTOW 3600g http://www.dji.com/matrice100/info#specs, I have purchased the Matrice 100 based on being able to run with dual batteries and the Zenmuse XT. If the MTOW is in fact 3400g, I would like a refund in full. PS, the following like is yet to be updated. http://www.dji.com/zenmuse-xt
2017-1-31
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

In the beginning, the M100 was specified with a MTOW of 3400g, it was changed later to 3600g.

In fact, the E800 motors with larger props (15 inch) would be able to provide enough thrust for a 3.8 - 4 kg drone and would operate more efficient than the 13(.5)" inch props provided with the M100. I am using such a setup here:

But the TB47D and TB48D batteries will run too hot with such a setup and TOW, if using a single battery setup. With a double battery setup, there is no overhating problem with the batteries - but at that load but together with X5 and Guidance you will exceed any responsible position.

Long story short: The M100 with X5 and guidance will be inefficient with standard props and will drive a single battery setup too hot. With double battery it will get too heavy. That's propably the reason why the i2 comes with a stronger propulsion system and double battery. I would expect a M200 to be powered like the i2.

Alternative would be a 3rd party frame / propulsion with N3 + LB2 but at the moment it seems to be unclear if and when Guidance will be supported with N3 or A3. I am working on a N3 + LB2 setup with LIDAR based obstacle avoidance / distance control. If you are interested in details, please PM me.
2017-2-3
Use props
matt button
lvl.1
Australia

Sending PM, very keen to find out more details of you Matrice
2017-2-3
Use props
matt button
lvl.1
Australia

Not able to PM, no idea why

VERY interested in find out more details of your Matrice setup, I'm wanting FLIR however I do not with to invest for an Zenmuse XT, without firm paying work commitments. Cheers Matt. My email address is mattbutton@me.com
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules