Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updating Batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

Hi folks,

If, after updating the P3P to the 1.7... firmware, one purchases additional batteries at a later date that need to be updated [to the 1.6... firmware which contained a battery update in addition to the aircraft update], how is this accomplished?  Should the 1.6... firware update ".bin" file be (re)placed back onto the microSD, and then placed back into the P3P along with the new batteries in order to update them?  What effect does this then have on the P3P which may have been only recently & newly updated to 1.7...?  Does this process somehow 'downgrade' the P3P firmware from 1.7... back down to 1.6..., thus necessitating a re-updating of the P3P back to 1.7... again?

Thanks much-  Russ
2016-4-5
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Funny enough yesterday I checked a new battery. If you put the 1.6 fw in the p3p it rolls the driver back on the drone as well. In 1.6 the battery didn't need updating so I'm assuming that the 1.7 fw also holds the update and did the battery for me when I updated to the 1.7 fw. Hope that helps a little.
2016-4-5
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-4-5 11:40
Funny enough yesterday I checked a new battery. If you put the 1.6 fw in the p3p it rolls the driver ...

Thanks; the DJI Release notes, though, seem to indicate that the battery update was incorporated into the earlier 1.6... comprehensive update, and not into the newest/present 1.7... update as well.  I may be misinterpreting the notes though:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Note_en_160317.pdf

It would almost seem to be a good idea to include the most current battery update on all newest firmware update releases anyway, even if the newest UAS-only update doesn't actually contain a battery update, so as to remove from consideration this particular issue & concern.

Because I do not wish to tempt Fate by 'downgrading-&-then-re-updating-again' the P3P, I may leave future additional battery purchases non-updated so as to minimize the risk of upsetting the P3P smooth-update gods ;) .  In that event, I will simply postpone updating the newly purchased batteries until such time as a new comprehensive P3P firmware update is released that also includes a new battery firmware update as well.
2016-4-5
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Well as its ok to jump from 1.5fw to 1.7fw leaves only one assumption that the battery update in 1.6fw is also included in the 1.7fw
2016-4-5
Use props
CaptRuss
lvl.3

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-4-5 12:01
Well as its ok to jump from 1.5fw to 1.7fw leaves only one assumption that the battery update in 1.6 ...

That makes sense, but it would still be good to hear this specific concern addressed by one of the DJI folks ;) .

Ken, Paladin....... feel like jumping in here?  Come in in, the water is great!
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules