Bird Strike
3085 21 2016-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobbyB0
lvl.1

United States

I'm sitting on the runway in Charlotte with my new P4 in my lap, grounded from a bird strike; how ironic.  Apparently, the birds haven't read the FAA regs.
2016-4-5
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

which got the worst end of the midair; the Phantom or the bird?
2016-4-5
Use props
medicdanderson
lvl.2

United States

I've heard eagles despise drones. Was out flying a few days ago and about 10 seconds after I landed I looked to the sky. I had an eagle fly directly over my head (about 40 feet high) and it went very slow. I may have peed a little...
2016-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey bud, very sorry to hear of your errant bird strike, mishap.
Were you recording any video when it happened? I would be interested in seeing that.
Hopefully you get your drone repaired and back to flying very soon...

Wishing you much Good luck and only best wishes. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry to hear that. I'd suggest you to contact our NA office for the RMA. Here is the contacting info:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-5
Use props
BobbyB0
lvl.1

United States

Actually, the bird hit the airliner on landing.  I just happened to he carrying my P4 in 1st Class.  The seagull got the worst of the interaction
2016-4-5
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

medicdanderson Posted at 2016-4-5 16:35
I've heard eagles despise drones. Was out flying a few days ago and about 10 seconds after I landed  ...

I had a hawk do a fly by very closely the other day (the shot actually made my demo reel) - luckily it flew below the drone, but man.... I was scared too.
2016-4-5
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-5 21:32
Sorry to hear that. I'd suggest you to contact our NA office for the RMA. Here is the contacting inf ...

Would DJI care cover a bird attack?

(As I think through the scenario, the best thing to do would be to switch to sport and ascend quickly 0 might avoid it completely.)
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-6 11:30
Would DJI care cover a bird attack?

(As I think through the scenario, the best thing to do would ...

保险范围.JPG 保险范围2.JPG

Hope these could help you.If you want more details of DJI care, click here: http://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-phantom-4-1-year#/faq
2016-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

So to be clear, the airplane in which you and your drone were passengers got nailed with a gull upon landing? ;-)
And no harm, what so ever, came to you or said drone. Is that what you are confessing now!
Thirty lashes... Bailiff lead him away...

RedHotPoker
2016-4-5
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I have red kites, buzzards, crows, magpies, jays, kestrels and hen harriers flying around my place and they don't seem to be interested in my 'birds'.  Maybe when nesting season starts it might get interesting though.
2016-4-6
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a seagull swoop down on my P3P while shooting at the beach. It was a "Close encounter of the worst kind" for me.
2016-4-6
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

Last summer I had a hawk pace me most of the way back across a lake. He stayed about 50' to the side but kept perfect pace.  I can tell you I was hauling a** for the shore.
2016-4-6
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

In certain areas of the country, eagles are being trained to snatch drones right out of the sky. If i wasnt on my phone in the app i would post the link to the video of it. I will in a few hours when i get to a laptop.
2016-4-6
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

here it is.
2016-4-6
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Very funny.  Even funnier that people don't fully read the posts.
2016-4-6
Use props
BobbyB0
lvl.1

United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-7 01:29
Eagles being trained to take down drones
here it is.

I love eagles...especially with fried potatoes.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-4-6 03:23
I had a seagull swoop down on my P3P while shooting at the beach. It was a "Close encounter of the w ...

Yeah, I have had seagulls come after my Phantom and my Inspire.

Dave
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

BobbyB0 Posted at 2016-4-5 19:45
Actually, the bird hit the airliner on landing.  I just happened to he carrying my P4 in 1st Class.  ...

Good to hear you are ok.

Dave
2016-4-6
Use props
clifwlkr
lvl.1

United States

No need to train the eagles to take out your drone.  They do it all on their own.  Had confirmation from some of my bird friends that this was a golden eagle:

Amazingly, only prop damage.

2016-4-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I want to know,  is this bird strike international?  I did not even know they were unionized!  What are their demands,  anyway.  They don't own anything,  they crap where they want,  they fly wherever the weather suits them,  they answer to no one and make their own hours.  If they want to abandon their babies,  no one comes after them and threatens to take away their license.  They really have nothing to complain.  I say we resist.  They can strike all they want.  Who cares?  I for one,  will not miss them any more than I missed the striking air traffic controllers that Ronnie Ray-gun fired in the 80's.  Birds.  Phooey.

2016-4-7
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

clifwlkr Posted at 2016-4-7 12:34
No need to train the eagles to take out your drone.  They do it all on their own.  Had confirmation from some of my bird friends that this was a golden eagle:

Nice mate, you got awful lucky that's for sure! If you don't mind me asking what State d0 you live in and what kind of Rapture do you think it was?

I live over in the Clearwater Beach area and we have a lot of Ospreys / Sea Hawks which can get up to 5-5.5 ft) wingspan! Sometime they will go after drones but their diets consist of mainly 95% fish.

2019-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules