Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
34827 296 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-4-9 00:38
I have to say never...for the life of me...will I understand why people jump on these updates the mo ...

I, for one, did so because I trusted DJI to provide a usable experience. Lesson learnt.
2016-4-8
Use props
Mdjgcl
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-7 09:57
If you experience a RC signal lost, delete and reinstall the app and you will be fine.

I've deleted and reinstalled the Go App three times but I still have not got an RC connection.  What now please?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Mdjgcl@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-9 00:43
I've deleted and reinstalled the Go App three times but I still have not got an RC connection.  Wh ...

Does the aircraft status say no signal or disconnected.?
Can you tilt the camera with the tilt wheel or does nothing work in the app.
Here is a manual linking process.
Manual linking Pro-Adv.jpg
2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

zavoodi Posted at 2016-4-9 00:42
Thanks, but I have no option in the DJI Go app to do anything regarding updating firmware...

Here's my app screen after only being prompted to upgrade the controller:

IMG_6601 copy.png
2016-4-8
Use props
sleither
lvl.1

United States

Do we know why the settings do not stick after a firmware update?  It's an inconvenience that I have to go in every time to update the settings?
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded updated RC firmware first with iPad. I get RC signal lost. No gimbal control. Checked RC version and app says version unknown .i tried to go back with firmware thru Acadamy and it said Get firmware version failed. Thoughts please?
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I've tried DJI Assistant 2 on both PC and Mac. It is just a spinning wheel, it does not show any firmware at all.
Connecting to the RC/aircraft via IPad Air 2 and DJI GO, it only shows that there is a new firmware for the RC (no new for the aircraft).
Connecting to the RC/aircraft via Android and the new DJI GO, it only shows that there is a new firmware for the RC (no new for the aircraft).

In DJI GO App, it says following firmware versions are installed:
Aircraft: 01.00.288
RC: 1.5.80

Is the aircraft firmware pulled?
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

I tried to follow the video instructions on this post but I was never given option to upgrade Phantom.
2016-4-8
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 03:08
You can also downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 by going to the main page and holding down the Academy secti ...

if you do this process, what would be the controller firmware?
2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 00:45
Does the aircraft status say no signal or disconnected.?
Can you tilt the camera with the tilt whe ...

Ken, I don't see a reset button -- as displayed in your diagram -- on my Phantom 4.
My status says "RC Signal Lost".

My app version is iOS 2.7.1, Aircraft is 01.00.0288, and my RC version is 1.6.0.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 2016-4-9 01:00
I've tried DJI Assistant 2 on both PC and Mac. It is just a spinning wheel, it does not show any fir ...

If your aircraft is on 01.00.0288 then there is an update for the aircraft. It will show up in the aircraft status then "overall status" page. It may take a minute for the "aircraft requires update" to show up.
And your RC is not updated as well.
So you should be able to fly and have no errors correct?
2016-4-8
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

When I try to do the upgrade on my Mac with the DJI Assistant I get the error: "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry."
Screenshot 2016-04-08 13.14.17.png
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jck Posted at 2016-4-9 01:01
I tried to follow the video instructions on this post but I was never given option to upgrade Phanto ...

Go to the About page and if the aircraft is not on 1.1.301 then there is an update.
From the home page and everything powered up, press the top middle tab, then tap the overall status and wait a minute and if your RC or aircraft needs updating, it will say.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

cegio Posted at 2016-4-9 01:05
if you do this process, what would be the controller firmware?

If your RC is on the latest 1.6 firmware and you cannot get the P3 to update through the app then downgrade the RC and it will take it to 1.5.8 as you can see in the images I posted.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 19:12
If your aircraft is on 01.00.0288 then there is an update for the aircraft. It will show up in the ...

Sorry, waiting long for it to show, aircraft update does not come up. Now even RC update won't show on Android (it does on iOS). Android now shows Latest Firmware Version.
2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 01:12
If your aircraft is on 01.00.0288 then there is an update for the aircraft. It will show up in the ...

I've tried this on both DJI Assistant 2 on Mac and on Windows. The update shows up on both, yet when I choose to install it, it consistently reports the update as failing.

PS, it takes a l-o-n-g time for the updates to show up in the list of available updates... like 5 minutes at least.

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

zavoodi Posted at 2016-4-9 00:54
Here's my app screen after only being prompted to upgrade the controller:

You will see RC Signal Lost if BOTH the aircraft and RC are not updated.
If you are updating through the app and updated the RC first and now have the "RC Signal Lost" and the aircraft will not update, then downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 (instructions posted in this thread) and restart the firmware upgrade process and UPGRADE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST, then the RC.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

zavoodi Posted at 2016-4-9 01:20
I've tried this on both DJI Assistant 2 on Mac and on Windows. The update shows up on both, yet wh ...

It does take a while, I updated three P4's yesterday and the longest it too for the "Aircraft Requires Update" to pop in the Aircraft status page took about a minute.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 19:25
It does take a while, I updated three P4's yesterday and the longest it too for the "Aircraft Requ ...

We are talking 10 minutes here. Several devices tested (iPad, Android tabled, Nexus 6P), different cables etc. Strong and good WiFi and tested with DJI Assistant on a 100MBit cable.
2016-4-8
Use props
zavoodi
lvl.1

United States

jck Posted at 2016-4-9 00:57
I downloaded updated RC firmware first with iPad. I get RC signal lost. No gimbal control. Checked R ...

JCK, I am in same boat as you. Finally, I figured out that to downgrade the firmware in your RC, you must turn OFF the drone. Then, connect to your RC and turn it on. Then, launch your DJI Go app. Press and hold on the graduate hat icon in the upper right corner of the screen for 5 seconds. When you release, you'll see the firmware version 1.5.80 available. Hope this help you.
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

Thanks ....but when I do that it says Getting Firmware Version List, then after 30 seconds it says Get Firmware Version Failed
2016-4-8
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 13:20
You will see RC Signal Lost if BOTH the aircraft and RC are not updated.
If you are updating throu ...

I can't downgrade via de DJI Go App doing the downgrade instructions given.

"You can also downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 by going to the main page and holding down the Academy section icon (graduation hat) for about 5 seconds then it will take you to a menu that will let you downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 and then start over and update the aircraft first."

I get:
IMG_0032.PNG
IMG_0034.PNG
IMG_0035.PNG
2016-4-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ahoj Posted at 2016-4-8 02:05
Actually it seems they have fixed the failing gimbal calibration issue, mine calibrated multiple ti ...

There are many many changes in firmware updates they don't tell you about, if they did you would get tired of reading them after about 20 minutes.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Removed DJI GO from my iPad Air 2, reinstalled.
Now RC is unknown, Aircraft 01.00.0288
Overall Status Normal (Latest Firmware)

Waiting several minutes for it to update, but it does not.

When doing the Academy trick, it shows no firmware to downgrade to.

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

For those who are having trouble with the firmware update on your P4 and getting RC Signal Lost it means that you do not have the update done on both the Aircraft (1.1.301) and RC 1.6). This means you probalbly uodated the RC first, If the aircraft will not take the update, you can update the aircraft through the Assistant2 PC or Mac program.
OR, downgrade the 1.6 RC firmware to 1.5.8. To do this, from the home page upper right corner is a graduation hat icon. That takes you into the Academy section of the app when you press it.

Have the RC on connected to the app and the aircraft OFF.
DO NOT give it a quick press, instead keep it pressed down for 5 seconds or so and let go. Then you will see the RC firmware downgrade to 1.5.8 page.

This should take care of the update, and it takes a wile to update the aircraft firmware.

downgradep4.png
Downgrade RC1.png
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

In the About section it shows RC. Version Unknown
2016-4-8
Use props
videocraft
New

No Signal after firmward update

I have the Phantom 4 with a Galaxy Note 3 (Android). My problem is similar to the above threads. I get "No Signal" error. Can't warm the motors, no control over camera and can't take off. The downloading part took several attempts and failures. I did the RC first then connected directly to the Drone. Still not sure if all went correctly since there wasn't any indication updating was in progress.
I found a solution by doing this:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=48126&pid=369566&fromuid=275427

Relinking RC to Drone needed.
Push in link button next to SD card slot. Same hole as LED light.

Press the C1 + C2 + REC buttons simulateously for about 3 secs then release.

Then push in the camera control wheel in (right side) until it beeps and new sound.

Reattach cabels if not already connected. Recycle power in both the RC and P4.

Check firmware updates.

At this point is where an update was required for the P4 (Drone only). I connected the cable from phone to P4 and waited a few seconds to view the app with Firemware upgrade needed. Followed instructions until completed. Problem resolved.

2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 19:44
For those who are having trouble with the firmware update on your P4 and getting RC Signal Lost it m ...

Ken,
What shall we do? I have not upgraded the aircraft nor the RC with these new firmwares for the aircraft and RC, because it shows like everything is ok (ie no new firmware release). Are the upgrade servers down or something?

The best I got from DJI Assistant 2 firmware upgrades was that I could press Retry two times. Then just spinning waiting wheel.

Yes, my internet is fine. I'm used to flash since I'm in DJI Beta also.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken HELP, tried to downgrade the RC but its not working, I have tried to re-link the RC but it still shows the same error on the DJI Go IOS app, RC light is green

issue

issue
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rob W Posted at 2016-4-9 01:52
Ken,
What shall we do? I have not upgraded the aircraft nor the RC with these new firmwares for th ...

You do not have to update if you do not wish to.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 18:57
You do not have to update if you do not wish to.

Thats not helpfull Ken as I'm now stuck
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Exib Posted at 2016-4-9 01:53
Ken HELP, tried to downgrade the RC but its not working, I have tried to re-link the RC but it still ...

Turn off the aircraft, and only have the RC powered up.
Your screen shot shows the aircraft firmware so that means you have it powered up.
2016-4-8
Use props
mariusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358392 ft
Poland

Hi, I cannot update my Phantom 4 for latest firmware. When I press Download button,  progress showing 0% for a while, then show "Downlod again" button. Do You have problem with servers ?  RC upgrade is fine.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok will try that now
2016-4-8
Use props
camaromikem86
lvl.1

United States

aidovicius.b Posted at 2016-4-7 04:33
Don't update!!! , after update display signal lost, and you can't take off

For some reason  only the RC update is available on the iOS DJI go app.  If you update it you will lose RC signal. To revert back to the previous firmware turn off your phantom 4.  Connect your phone or tablet to the RC and turn on the RC only. Open up the DJI go app. Press and hold the graduation cap for about 10 to 15 seconds and then release, you should be on a screen that will allow you to swap your firmware back to the previous version. I guess we have to wait a little longer for the Phantom 4 firmware to become available
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mariusz@lbh.pl Posted at 2016-4-9 01:59
Hi, I cannot update my Phantom 4 for latest firmware. When I press Download button,  progress showin ...

Please read the earlier posts.
You say the RC upgraded fine but the aircraft will not.
Please power off the aircraft and only have the RC on and downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 with the instructions I posted a few posts ago.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken that kind of worked but its not downloading the firmware "Download Failed"

Problem

Problem
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

I will post this again and hopefully this gets you all up and running. If not, then please contact support.

For those who are having trouble with the firmware update on your P4 and getting RC Signal Lost it means that you do not have the update done on both the Aircraft (1.1.301) and RC 1.6). This means you probalbly uodated the RC first, If the aircraft will not take the update, you can update the aircraft through the Assistant2 PC or Mac program.
OR, downgrade the 1.6 RC firmware to 1.5.8. To do this, from the home page upper right corner is a graduation hat icon. That takes you into the Academy section of the app when you press it.

Have the RC on connected to the app and the aircraft OFF.
DO NOT give it a quick press, instead keep it pressed down for 5 seconds or so and let go. Then you will see the RC firmware downgrade to 1.5.8 page.

This should take care of the update, and it takes a wile to update the aircraft firmware.
Downgrade RC1.png
downgradep4.png
2016-4-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
lvl.4