Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Firmware Release Note (v1.1.301)
33827 302 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken that kind of worked but its not downloading the firmware "Download Failed"

Problem

Problem
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I will post this again and hopefully this gets you all up and running. If not, then please contact support.

For those who are having trouble with the firmware update on your P4 and getting RC Signal Lost it means that you do not have the update done on both the Aircraft (1.1.301) and RC 1.6). This means you probalbly uodated the RC first, If the aircraft will not take the update, you can update the aircraft through the Assistant2 PC or Mac program.
OR, downgrade the 1.6 RC firmware to 1.5.8. To do this, from the home page upper right corner is a graduation hat icon. That takes you into the Academy section of the app when you press it.

Have the RC on connected to the app and the aircraft OFF.
DO NOT give it a quick press, instead keep it pressed down for 5 seconds or so and let go. Then you will see the RC firmware downgrade to 1.5.8 page.

This should take care of the update, and it takes a wile to update the aircraft firmware.
Downgrade RC1.png
downgradep4.png
2016-4-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I got to that page you are talking about but the download failed
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

After the update of RC my iPad Go app can't find current Version so I can't down grade RC firmware . The phantom is OFF
2016-4-8
Use props
mariusz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358392 ft
Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 20:01
Please read the earlier posts.
You say the RC upgraded fine but the aircraft will not.
Please powe ...

But I see new firmware, and I want to upgrade, but Download progress still showing 0%.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 19:57
You do not have to update if you do not wish to.

You don't understand. I want to update, but it shows no new firmware...

Edit: Did the Academy trick again. Unknown firmware on my controller though I did never install it from DJI Go app. Downloading the 1.5.80 and will try to flash it.
2016-4-8
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me, the best way to update the app for iOS is to open the DJI Go app on your mobile device and click on the firmware update that is in red at the top of the page. Simple as that. I think we're all getting mixed up because there are two ways to update- through the DJI Go app or through the software download. Then you have people with either a mac or windows machine on top of that two mobile platforms- iOS or Android. DJI's communication to its customers is very weak. They need good technical writers who can relay the information correctly and clearly because there are a huge number of customers that are new to flying.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ok Ken thanks for your help I have rolled back the RC and its connected back to the aircraft, I then retsrated the RC abd teh aircraft, start the DJI Go app its says firmware upgrade required but when i click that I can only see teh firmware for the RC not the aircraft, I'm now back at the home screen of teh DJI Go app but its not telling me to upgrade the aircraft
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the issue I was having

I can now see what the issue is, the firmware update to the aircraft failed when I did it I thought it had completed so I then did the RC
DO NOT UPGRADE THE RC BEFORE YOU UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT this is what is causing the issue of unable to connect
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

I was finally able to roll back after doing the same thing 10 times. Now I'm where I was three hours ago!!
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

Exhib.... That's exactly where I am, no option to update the aircraft.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

The aircraft requires update may take several minutes until it shows up in the Aircraft Status page.
Again, if you still cannot get it to update with the suggestions I have provided. Please try again later, and if you still cannot update, then please contact support. I do not know what else to tell you. I have given all the suggestions I know.Also, please read this ENTIRE thread and there may be helpful items that have gove overlooked and they may help you.
2016-4-8
Use props
julian_hancock
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well I updated my controller, But I have not been able to connect to my P4 directly through USB. the iphone 6+ fails to see the P4?
2016-4-8
Use props
julian_hancock
lvl.1

United Kingdom

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-4-7 19:28
My issue is that the controller is updated, but when prompted to connect the iPad to the P4, is cont ...

Exactly the same here with an Iphone 6+. RC updated, unable to connect to the P4 through USB.
2016-4-8
Use props
richbaugh
New

United States

Wow this is so frustrating.  I think I'll wait a week or so and see if the firmware upgrade process has been improved.  Just can't get it to work but my P4 is working great with old firmware so all is not lost.  Really hoping DJI fixes things on their end and provides us with some clear and specific step by step instructions.
2016-4-8
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

IT WAS SO SIMPLE WITH THE P3.
THE P4 UPDATE PROCEDURE IS A DISASTER !!!

But it doesn't surprise me : almost all software from DJI is full of bugs
:@
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Man that was a complicated procedure but I got there in the end -- Thanks again Ken :-)

solved

solved
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

richbaugh Posted at 2016-4-9 02:35
Wow this is so frustrating.  I think I'll wait a week or so and see if the firmware upgrade process  ...

Again, for users that do not want to update, you are free not to.
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken I can now fit the HDMI module I have gone through that experience
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

Exib... How did you finally get the aircraft option to appear?
2016-4-8
Use props
Exib
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I used DJI Assitant 2 software once connected the P4 it found the firmware really quick, though when I tried on the mac I just got a spinning circle
2016-4-8
Use props
morgo1968
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2016-4-8 20:08
I used DJI Assitant 2 software once connected the P4 it found the firmware really quick, though when ...

Just updated mine, I'm running PC / Android.  I updated the P4 using the DJI Assistant2 and the RC using the GO app.  The whole process from start to finish took about 15 minutes.

I'll test fly tomorrow but everything seems to be normal.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Check your OS firewall. I manually allowed DJI Assistant 2 in Windows 10 firewall and now I got a firmware listing. Upgrading now as I write. I don't know it was the firewall setting that did the trick, or if I was lucky to get a connection that I did not get before with the servers.
2016-4-8
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Exib Posted at 2016-4-8 14:08
I used DJI Assitant 2 software once connected the P4 it found the firmware really quick, though when ...

Well..   I got mine out of the box.   Connected everything up.  Did the upgrade by following the instructions on the screen of my iPad Air..   The controller upgraded with lots of beeping.

After that, All that was left on the upgrade screen was "Download new firmware from DJI".  Nothing was happening, there were no lights or progress bars to let me know that anything was going on.

I shut everything down and went looking for the new firmware at DJI (Which I can't find).

When I started up again, I get RC Signal Lost and have solid red lights on the drone.  It is sending video.

Is this fixable and if so, how?

Thanks in advance

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-9 03:25
Well..   I got mine out of the box.   Connected everything up.  Did the upgrade by following the i ...

Go to the General settings and the about page and post a screenshot of what the software versions say. Also you can look through this thread and find useful information that may help you.
2016-4-8
Use props
lovaasreidar
New

Norway

Upgrade FAIled!! signal Lost!! thank you very much!!
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

morgo1968 Posted at 2016-4-9 03:20
Just updated mine, I'm running PC / Android.  I updated the P4 using the DJI Assistant2 and the RC ...

I am glad you were able to upgrade with no issues at all.
2016-4-8
Use props
mike.evangelist
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem. I reverted the controller back to 1.5.8, but the aircraft update never shows up. And trying to do it with the Assistant application fails repeatedly.
2016-4-8
Use props
Rob W
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Ok, finally done upgrading. I never did get confirmation of a new aircraft firmware in any DJI Go app (nor on iOS or Android), despite waiting for about 10-15 minutes. I finally got lucky with after several tries on DJI Assistant 2 (I tried first on Windows several times, then on OSX several times, and then back in Windows again).

I hope that the Phantom 4 in the future will support SD card firmware upgrades, just like the older Phantoms and the Inspire. This upgrade took me 4 hours.

In a few posts above, I mentioned a tip to open the firewall. After my success with the upgrade, I went back and tried to list firmwares, It took about half a minute, then it listed the firmwares. So for you who have problems, it *might* be a firewall issue. Or, it could be that the update servers had problems and are working *a bit* better.
2016-4-8
Use props
jwt873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 14:32
Go to the General settings and the about page and post a screenshot of what the software versions  ...

I've actually been following this thread in the 2 days it took for the P4 to arrive.  I've tried just about all the suggestions:

Is there some way to download the firmware from DJI and put it on a memory card?   I can't find anything like that on the download page.

Here is my screenshot:
dji-version.jpg
2016-4-8
Use props
kylehancock334
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I can't even attempt to update aircraft. I have my P4 plugged into my phone. But app says I'm not connected so I can't update firmware!! Even though my phone recognises a USB dji is connected? Plz help.
2016-4-8
Use props
jck
lvl.1
United States

I am now using DJI assistant and it shows the upgrade, but it constantly fails.
2016-4-8
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-8 15:32
Go to the General settings and the about page and post a screenshot of what the software versions  ...

Ken, I can't seem to downgrade the RC because it will not give me the option to pick any firmware via the dji go app downgrade path. I am not able to get the Assistant app on my Mac to get a list of firmwares available period. I would hope that we could just stick the USB with the firmware bin in the USB port on the RC and get it resolved. Or insert the MicroSD in the P4 and be able to upgrade... Also it would be nice to include in the release notes the warning to upgrade the aircraft first and not the RC... I upgraded the RC because it did not show that the aircraft had an update available... again not very good communication on DJI's part...
IMG_0032.PNG
Screenshot 2016-04-08 13.14.17.png
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-9 03:49
I've actually been following this thread in the 2 days it took for the P4 to arrive.  I've tried ju ...

Thank you for the screenshot, the reason you have no signal is because your RC is updated but the aircraft is not. Please try to downgrade the RC to 1.5.8 in the instructions I posted earlier. Then start all over again but do the aircraft first and the RC last.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jck Posted at 2016-4-9 02:06
After the update of RC my iPad Go app can't find current Version so I can't down grade RC firmware . ...

Are you following the instructions I posted earlier and pressing down on the graduation hat icon for about five seconds. You have to have the RC only turned on and connected to the app with the USB cable.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mariusz@lbh.pl Posted at 2016-4-9 02:10
But I see new firmware, and I want to upgrade, but Download progress still showing 0%.

Post a screenshot of what you are saying.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mariusz@lbh.pl Posted at 2016-4-9 02:10

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing.
2016-4-8
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

I upgraded per the instructions on this thread - was NOT able to upgrade through the DJI Go app (notice to upgrade aircraft never came up), so I updated through DJI Assistant.  Does this cover the upgrade for both batteries as well, or do you need to do anything different for the batteries?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hvilorio Posted at 2016-4-9 04:01
Ken, I can't seem to downgrade the RC because it will not give me the option to pick any firmware  ...

I do not know if you need to update the aircraft first before the RC. That was just a solution that I found that worked on the aircraft that I had updated personally. I see your screen shot in the app and do you have the RC connected and  Howard on? If so then go to the about page in the aircraft status and post a screenshot of what everything says. And make sure to have the aircraft turned off when you do that.
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules