Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Inspire 1 series (1.8.1.00)
1234Next >
19719 140 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I1fw.PNG
2016-4-7
Use props
Stephen Marley
lvl.3

Australia

Thanks Tim
2016-4-7
Use props
Shaikan
New

Israel

what if i made a mistake and upgraded the remote first and now i can not exit travel mode?
2016-4-7
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'd hold off for a few days - reports of issues on FB.
See how others go before you take the plunge.
2016-4-7
Use props
River One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Darn I should have waited .. ok on 1.8.1 for the bird and batteries .. but keep failing upgrade on RC .. !!!! Does not seem to take using a USB card on the RC ... of course now I have lost link with the bird .. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2016-4-7
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did not use USB install on RC .. when on wi fi and uploaded and installed to the RC from there .. it took a very long time 10 minutes plus.

2016-4-7
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

River One Posted at 2016-4-7 15:13
Darn I should have waited .. ok on 1.8.1 for the bird and batteries .. but keep failing upgrade on R ...

The RC hasnt been updatable via USB for months! Do people ever read release notes???????
2016-4-7
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I will fly a few batteries today on the new firmware and report outcome.

2016-4-7
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tharg, thank you for your kind comments and constructive tone!
2016-4-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Tim

here we go again  

just updated all of my Inspire 1 V1 and all of my 8 batteries, plus two remotes. I just came back from flying with the new firmware update. The Inspire flew great and the video worked nicely.

I have updated my P3P and two batteries  no problems at all.

I have one Inspire 1 V2 and P4 to update and most likely get it done tomorrow.

Rich
2016-4-7
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Flashing x3 this weekend, then
2016-4-7
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

River One Posted at 2016-4-7 15:36

You are more than welcome. I always try and help where I can but when individuals do not bother to read user manuals or release notes that are distributed with a product or via a manufacturers website then they are not helping themselves and want to be spoon fed.
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

River One Posted at 2016-4-7 09:36

River one, it just gets difficult when some Pilots dont read anything and just start doing updates.  Then when they have a problem , they are angry and quite demanding for help ( Not YOU)  We all need to put in our DD to find answers.  It is like the kid in school who studies and puts in the time and then copies your work.  Someone put the time in and others want to take the easy route. It is just seen after every update the same old questions.  Yours is quite benign actually  but Tharg has just seen to much of this and wanted to vent.  

Good Luck-  If you need any help that you cant find on the forum e-mail me

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie

2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Shaikan Posted at 2016-4-7 08:17
what if i made a mistake and upgraded the remote first and now i can not exit travel mode?

Just make sure you don't turn on the aircraft and the RC at the same time.  Just update the aircraft now.  Keep in mind the batteries must be updated as well.  And Make sure the Transmitter is not ON When updating the Aircraft.  

I think the problem with the Gear would be if you updated the RC Transmitter and then tried to connect to the aircraft or enter Travel Mode.  Just Get the update completed on the Aircraft ASAP.

Donnie
****  I am of course speculating on this , but this is more than likely the reason.  Quite often Pilots will update the aircraft and not the RC.  DJI more than likely saw a problem in testing and are warning Pilots just in case.  Always Update the aircraft first regardless.
2016-4-7
Use props
SteveWoods
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472152 ft
Norway

Like an idiot I managed to upgrade the RC and try to link. Didnt know about any issues with this. Any ideas on how to fix?

Aircraft doesnt seem to register the gimbal with new FW either.

Help, jobs in the morning!

2016-4-7
Use props
jchg1990
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone

I received my Inspire today and managed to update the craft, v1.8.1.00, via the microSD card. However, for the RC, I updated the firmware through my iPhone on the DJI app. When I go to Settings > About, it says that it's "Version 1.6.0". My question is, why is the version on the RC not the same as the craft?  
2016-4-7
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SteveWoods Posted at 2016-4-7 19:32
Like an idiot I managed to upgrade the RC and try to link. Didnt know about any issues with this. An ...

Guys if you update the controller but can't update the craft via Assistant 2 for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016-4-7
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Captain
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jchg1990 Posted at 2016-4-7 21:10
Hi everyone

I received my Inspire today and managed to update the craft, v1.8.1.00, via the microSD ...

Normal the two are not in sync
2016-4-7
Use props
Shaikan
New

Israel

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 19:53
Just make sure you don't turn on the aircraft and the RC at the same time.  Just update the aircra ...

but i cant update my aircraft in any way
its not exiting travel mode so i cant connect my gimble with the sd card
so the aircraft cant get the firmware to update

now im stuck with a upgraded remote which dosent connect to anything
it show me my battery level and thats it

the aircraft is with a solid blue light
2016-4-7
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Load the new .bin file on SD card. Set the inspire up on something to raise it high enough so you can attach the camera / gimbal. (4 soup cans or whatever... get creative!)
Turn on Inspire leaving remote off. Bird will update. Problem solved.
2016-4-7
Use props
adelica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1745446 ft
  • >>>
Italy

My X5R doesnt update.
Like other users reporting on RCGROUPS forum, I have the same issue.

The bird doesn't recognize any firmware update on the SD.
(ExFAT formatted SD on bird and tried also on Windows - unzipped bin file on the root of the SD - redownloaded many times and unzipped with different tools)

It's a brand new i1 RAW.

Since I have an X3 camera laying there.. I tried the normal i1 firmware update with it, and it worked. Now the battery and bird is on 1.8.01.00 , so I felt safe to upgrade one of two RC to 1.60

Turned back to X5R with PRO firmware, and now wait to get it recognized (it doesnt start beeping)
No log file is created, nothing written in MISC/LOG directory too.

DJI Go says that Camera require upgrade (current version 1.8.0.70)

Trying PRO 1.3xxx downgrade file doesn't work too.
2016-4-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

adelica Posted at 2016-4-7 15:11
My X5R doesnt update.
Like other users reporting on RCGROUPS forum, I have the same issue.

okay so don't yell at me if I am wrong or misread your situation. It sounds like you did not take the BIN file out of the zipped file. You need to drag the BIN file (only) onto the SD card.... now the Inspire will see the firmware file and start the update.

Rich
2016-4-7
Use props
contact
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyHighUSA here, I can't get the new firmware to start updating on the bird. I have never had this issue before!
2016-4-7
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.4

Canada

Bit of a funny question I imagine someone has the answer to:  If you have an Inspire V1 and an X5R, which firmware or firmware(s) do you use?
2016-4-7
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

No problems here. Updated Aircraft first, then Remote, then my other 4 batteries.
Result file shows all have updated.
It pays to follow directions!!
2016-4-7
Use props
2kleung
New

Hong Kong

Hi everybody, I have the problem when update the RC yesterday. The RC bricked after update fail, the light is white, no sound when turn on and no connect to the aircraft! What can I do? Help!!!
2016-4-7
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

2kleung@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-8 12:48
Hi everybody, I have the problem when update the RC yesterday. The RC bricked after update fail, the ...

Please read this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
2016-4-7
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

River one, it just gets difficult when some Pilots dont read anything and just start doing updates.  Then when they have a problem , they are angry and quite demanding for help ( Not YOU)  We all need to put in our DD to find answers.  It is like the kid in school who studies and puts in the time and then copies your work.  Someone put the time in and others want to take the easy route. It is just seen after every update the same old questions.  Yours is quite benign actually  but Tharg has just seen to much of this and wanted to vent.  

Good Luck-  If you need any help that you cant find on the forum e-mail me

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Thanks for the kind and understanding words Donnie, as for the new firmware I flew three batteries this morning all over four miles each in 15 mph winds and I had now problems at all ..
2016-4-7
Use props
Scott.newsome
New

United States

I did the upgrade through my tablet for the RC and am not getting the "Lost signal" error whenever I turn-on the R/C and the Inspire 1. Remote Serial number no longer appears in the about section of the DJI Go app. Do I need to re-pair the R/C to the Inspire or should I be rolling back the R/C firmware? Thanks for any help.

Update: I was able to downgrade the remote on Android (Nvidia Shield) by powering on the aircraft and then going to the downgrade screen on the tablet. There was no option selectable unless the aircraft was on.
2016-4-7
Use props
Shaikan
New

Israel

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-4-7 23:34
Guys if you update the controller but can't update the craft via Assistant 2 for some reason you c ...

Your post helped very much! I downgraded and it all works now

Thank you!!
2016-4-7
Use props
adelica
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-8 02:45
okay so don't yell at me if I am wrong or misread your situation. It sounds like you did not take  ...

I wrote unzipped bin file , anyway it was a problem of DJI site.
They forgot to put the RAW version on the english site, so I was trying the PRO firmware on my RAW.
They corrected it about 6 hours ago.

Anyway, now the RAW firmware update the X5R but it DOESN'T on the battery.
Maybe is missing battery update portion, cam DJI check about?
2016-4-7
Use props
mark.bond
New

Australia

color=Navy]How long should the update take?
I have had it doing the b-bb and its been going for over an hour.....:@
flashing yellow light
2016-4-8
Use props
adelica
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

D-D-D-D means firmware is updating
DDD-D-D  means firmware ended. reboot it
2016-4-8
Use props
mark.bond
New

Australia

adelica Posted at 2016-4-8 18:12
D-D-D-D means firmware is updating
DDD-D-D  means firmware ended. reboot it

awesome thanks, very new to this. once again cheers
2016-4-8
Use props
dr. D
First Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

It's perhaps marginal, but my updated firmware is 1.8.01.00 (with an extra zero)
I guess that's alright?

2016-4-8
Use props
contact
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-4-8 10:29
No problems here. Updated Aircraft first, then Remote, then my other 4 batteries.
Result file shows ...

I have updated over 700 times successfully. My bird is a black pro. Before installing the x5R it had the latest firmware on all systems. Now after doing the latest firmware upgrade  the camera is updated fine and also the RC. The bird is however still asking for an update.
2016-4-8
Use props
adelica
lvl.1
  • >>>
Italy

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2016-4-8 10:56
I have updated over 700 times successfully. My bird is a black pro. Before installing the x5R it h ...

That because X5R firmware miss battery update
Just take a look at firm. note; no mention of battery update

Also, you'll see that GO app will advise that only battery need firm. upgrade

@DJI: please fix this
2016-4-8
Use props
edunwody
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2035771 ft
United States

Is there a trick using a Mac for update?  Formatted card via DOS Fat. Copped Bin file. Installed in Inspire. RC off. Nothing is happening.
2016-4-8
Use props
edunwody
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2035771 ft

edunwody Posted at 2016-4-8 19:57
Is there a trick using a Mac for update?  Formatted card via DOS Fat. Copped Bin file. Installed in  ...

Oops!  Forgot a step.  Formate in AC.  All is well.
2016-4-8
Use props
gabshire
New

United States

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-4-7 15:34
Guys if you update the controller but can't update the craft via Assistant 2 for some reason you c ...

I jumped the gun as well. I'm trying the downgrade, hopefully this will work cause nothing else has so far.
2016-4-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules