12Next >
6649 54 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Just a word for those who have not yet upgraded to the new firmware version 1.08.80. You will also need to update the Go App to version 2.7.2. Then you must update the RC firmware to the new version 1.6.0 (aircraft off for this and Wifi connected). Otherwise you will get a "SIGNAL LOST" message and not be able to connect your aircraft. I just went through the process in a few minutes with no problems (except that I had to reboot the RC controller and restart the Go App after all that and second time to connect). Not yet flown with it.
Have fun & good flying!

Note added: sorry Paladin this is a redundant thread to yours...
2016-4-7
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you encounter a "SIGNAL LOST" message after the update you must re-bind the RC to the aircraft.
2016-4-7
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The 2.72 Go App is for the Android device's only.  These are part of  the realease notes For the Pro\Advanced.  I just want to help clarify. You have a good tip for sure.  

android.PNG
2016-4-7
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
France

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-7 18:25
The 2.72 Go App is for the Android device's only.  These are part of  the realease notes For the Pro ...

Thanks Donnie! Yes, I should have stressed that it is only for Android devices.
2016-4-7
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone had the signal loss situation when using the iOS version of the app?  I will try to update mine this afternoon and report back.
2016-4-7
Use props
Pierrot78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36716 ft
  • >>>

May I add : you must uopdate Dji Go Android to v2.7.2 before you attempt any FW update.
Shouldn't you do that, drone fw update could stop at 99%, or RC fw update not happen, etc.
DJI do mention it for the Phantom 4 upgrade but forgot it for the P3s.
2016-4-7
Use props
rain
New

United States

After updating the app my P3P updated fine, but the RC (GL300B) is failing repeatedly. The red/green/blue light is sitting at light blue and the "RC Update Required" of 1.6.0 sits at 0% failing repeatedly. Any clues?  

... Also, it isn't detecting the RC unit (or something). When I hit the Linking RC button it asks me to conform frequency settings, but after that never tries to detect the P3P.

2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Never mind. It is a good reminder for users.
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

rain@digitalcam Posted at 2016-4-8 02:42
After updating the app my P3P updated fine, but the RC (GL300B) is failing repeatedly. The red/green ...

Try to press on C1+C2+Record button+Right dial at the same time before powered on the RC. Then turn on the RC with holding down these 4 button and connect the RC and mobile app.Enter camera view to try to update the RC again
2016-4-7
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 06:03
Never mind. It is a good reminder for users.

Thanks Paladin. Just for info I managed to fly today with the new firmware v1.08.80 (rain never far away). I found the P3P much more stable! Good work!
2016-4-8
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

My P3P ran fine for several months.
I was on 1.6.060 until I upgraded to 1.8.80 Friday.
Everything looked OK, got SUCCESS in .txt file.
Turned on RC, P3P, Tablet, ran DJI Go 2.7.2.
RC showed green light after about a minute.
Armed motors, lifted off, landed OK, but NO VIDEO, and said NOT CONNECTED.
Clicked upper right menu, it said UAV NOT CONNECTED.
Tried to go back to 1.6.60, then 1.3.20, but neither took.
Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
2016-4-10
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

No answers, so I went out and did the C1+C2+recording+scroll power on.
This reset it to 1.3.20, then updated again.
This time it worked fine.
I am back flying with video again.
Hope this helps someone else.
2016-4-10
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Well it only lasted till I powered it off/on.
Now I am back to RC green light, Disconnected, no video.
DJI Go =2.7.2
RC=1.60
P3P=1.8.80
Any help would be appreciated.
2016-4-10
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
France

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-11 04:25
Well it only lasted till I powered it off/on.
Now I am back to RC green light, Disconnected, no vid ...

Not sure I can help, but what order do you use to start up things?
What works for me is: 1) tablet ON (Developer option set ON), 2) then I power up RC controller, 3) then I power up Phantom, and then I open DJI GO App.
Best of luck & hopefully good flying!
2016-4-11
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Tried again this morning.
Used your method.
no change.
I will NEVER install another DJI update until it has been out two months.
2016-4-12
Use props
rain
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 12:06
Try to press on C1+C2+Record button+Right dial at the same time before powered on the RC. Then tur ...

Thank you, Paladin.

I tried that, but it still wouldn't take the update or rollback. I ended up speaking with tech support and they had me send the unit in after several unsuccessful attempts and methods.
2016-4-13
Use props
dimitris.thass
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140607 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Exactly the same problem, finger cross with the RMA
2016-4-13
Use props
smokincigar
lvl.3
Canada

I successfully upgraded my P3A from FW 1.6 to 1.8 using the following steps:

-Update DJI GO App iOS
-Format SD Card in GO App and place bin file on card.
-Install V1.8 on P3A first with RC off
-Update RC following prompts in DJI GO app. Establish connection btw P3A and RC, wait for prompt indicating RC needs to be updated.. Turn off P3A and install RC firmware.

No issues..
2016-4-13
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

I just updated mine, no issue in update. Everything looks good, maiden flight next morning.
2016-4-13
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

johnsr Posted at 2016-4-8 17:41
Thanks Paladin. Just for info I managed to fly today with the new firmware v1.08.80 (rain never far ...

Is it noticeably more stable?  Does it hold position at low altitude better?
2016-4-13
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
France

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-14 00:36
Is it noticeably more stable?  Does it hold position at low altitude better?

So far only a few flights since the update (weather etc.). My first impressions are less jitter in horizontal displacements. Perhaps this cured some problems from an earlier update (?). Mine was already fairly good in vertical stability so its difficult to judge any improvement for now, but may be better (need to redo a series of measurements to see if any real improvement there). As I recall yours is much more unstable in altitude. I must say however that the updates were somewhat frightening; When I got that "No Signal" message... I think I was lucky that rebooting was enough to clear things up. Changing all the firmware at the same time without a protected protocol seems to have given many a lot of trouble!
2016-4-13
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

johnsr Posted at 2016-4-14 07:53
So far only a few flights since the update (weather etc.). My first impressions are less jitter in ...

Yes, mine's all over the place on altitude, but I'm not expecting that to get fixed by a firmware upgrade as it doesn't appear to affect many others, which would suggest it's a hardware fault or down to component tolerances.
2016-4-13
Use props
mtun009
New

United States

Pierrot78 Posted at 2016-4-7 12:19
May I add : you must uopdate Dji Go Android to v2.7.2 before you attempt any FW update.
Shouldn't yo ...

Hi,  I am having RC signal lost issue on my iOS.  I updated the aircraft first.  I have tired re-installing DJ Go app and connect rc and no rc upgrade prompt came up.  I also tried resetting the remote by holding down C1+C2+Record+Right Scroll and power on but still no rc upgrade came up.  Also I like to know when the remote is in reset mode the left most LED turn bluish and return home button turn bluish also.  Please help.
2016-4-15
Use props
FebuTimor
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

RC SIGNAL LOST after my P3 Professional upgraded to Go App V2.7.2 (iOS)  
DOWNLOAD   Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.8.80 (2016-04-07) Unzip file, copy BIN file to SD card (format) than insert to aircraft ( full Battery Charged) upgrade the  aircraft (15-30 minutes) NO MORE ISSUES

Last Status
App v2.7.2
Aircraft v1.8.80
RC v1.6.0
2016-4-16
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

My P3P Android is doing exactly the same thing
Sure wish someone would help with this problem.
I have tried updating 15-20 times with a new DJI Go download each time
Nothing I have tried works
It seems that DJI service has abandoned the users that have problems
2016-4-16
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

I am giving up on DJI service
Going to return my P3P and buy a 3DR Solo
I hear 3DR has good customer service
2016-4-16
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

Sadly though, with the good 3DR service goes a crap product.
2016-4-16
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

What seems to be the problem with it?
2016-4-16
Use props
svmpromo
New

United States

What do you do when the FW is  not update to your P3P controller. It says the file is identical to what's on your controller
2016-4-16
Use props
svmpromo
New

United States

Now I can fly my P3P because the drone is up dated but the controller is saying this message above. I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now
2016-4-16
Use props
curseapple
New

Taiwan

I am having the same problem, DJI please release a new firmware to fix this problem, really frustrated can't connect with the drone.
2016-4-17
Use props
tonyatmatc
lvl.1

United States

curseapple Posted at 2016-4-17 10:41
I am having the same problem, DJI please release a new firmware to fix this problem, really frustrat ...

I too am having the same problem
2016-4-17
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Sure a lot of folks asking for help with no success.
JDJ
2016-4-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

To all,

There has to be SOMETHING to this hit and miss situation with the firmware, controller, etc..  Why do some seem to have no issues, while others seem like their aircraft is bricked.. Some are reporting loss of connection less than 50ft off the ground, etc..  We know that there have been changes to the models.. new motors, lower power, etc.  Does that have an impact..  Of the people successful, do you have new motors or old motors..  This is just crazy to see this many failures and people sending their aircraft in under RMA.  :-(  I haven't budged from 1.7 and 2.7.1 ...

DJI, can you acknowledge if there is something different in the aircraft that might be causing this???  I don't think this is all user error in sequence of doing the upgrades...
2016-4-19
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

If you are at 2.7.1 then you are Apple.
I am 2.7.2 and am bricked.
I suspect the ANDROID users are the ones having trouble.
2016-4-19
Use props
rtwhitehurst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21775 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 6S and am having the connectivity issues. My video feed randomly goes black while flying and never returns until I restart the RC.
2016-4-19
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-20 06:11
If you are at 2.7.1 then you are Apple.
I am 2.7.2 and am bricked.
I suspect the ANDROID users are t ...

There is now a 2.7.2 for IOS.. Came out around the 15th..
2016-4-19
Use props
curseapple
New

Taiwan

I have fixed the problem by re-link the transmitter and the drone. Hope this helps, good luck guys.
135824gogdfcyj5uoveeeg.png
Vision-_Remote_Controller_7th.jpg
2016-4-20
Use props
jerryjonz
lvl.2

United States

Still looking for a fix to the update problem
2016-4-20
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

After installing the new RC firmware to the new version 1.6.0, I had some trouble finding my flight log maps at first, because DJI added a layer of stats where the flight log maps were. No problem, I found the maps/logs.  But I encountered one problem that concerns me; it holds records for three Phantoms that I have owned. Now I have never flown over 400 ft. Not once, not ever. But two of the three sets of stats show that my maximum altitude was well above that, this is upsetting!  It says I flew two of my P3Ps much higher, and I never did.  The third set shows a very correct maximum flight altitude of 393.6 feet, which is the true maximum I have ever flown with any Phantom.  Do any of you guys also see a false maximum altitude which is higher than you have really flown? I have no idea why it says this, but it really pisses me off, since I follow the rules but I have false stats that say I do not.
2016-4-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules