Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milanpatel2601
New

United Kingdom

I've phantom 3 professional 4K cannot fly calibrate error
It never fly since I bought msg comes on screen compass error
I don't know how to fix
Please can anyone help
2016-4-8
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

do an IMU calibration on a completely level surface, then immediately calibrate the gimbal/camera if you have never done it. Doing a compass calibration should fix your issue.
2016-4-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Go out into an open area away from any ferrous (magnetic) metal or electrical interference and do the compass calibration dance.
You have already done a cold IMU calibration and also completed the gimbal calibration and your RC sticks, right?

It takes all of one minute, to do a proper compass calibration. Please attend to that today. It's important, and very simple to do.
When you press the calibration tab, it will give you the directions, to perform both vertical and horizontal calibrations by turning the drone.
Either turn it in your hands or spin your body around, past 360* while holding the drone out in front of you.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-8
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

More information is required to be able to help you.
Where are you trying to calibrate the compass?
It has to be done out  in the open away from steel objects like cars or reinforced concrete.
Try moving around if you have a problem in one location.

This will fix most calibration problems but if it won't calibrate in any location, you will have to look at the sensors section in the app to see what the compass data is showing.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I'd suggest you to calibrate the IMU and then do the compass calibration away from buildings or steel objects before next flight . Here is the tutorial for IMU calibration:

2016-4-8
Use props
fansdaeb606b
lvl.1

Syria

Hi
when i try to install the GPS above the main frame by 40cm, the drone it working will and the compass now is stable
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules