12345Next >
63457 186 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

New firmware for Phantom 3 series, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 has been released at April 7th, 2016. When you upgrade your aircraft and remote controller, please note:

1.       Both aircraft and remote controller must be upgraded to the latest version. If not, “RC Signal Lost” will be displayed on the DJI GO APP.

2.       The upgrade of the aircraft will take about 20 minutes and 10 minutes for the remote controller.

3.       Make sure that the battery level is over 50% before the upgrade.

4.       Do not power off the aircraft during the upgrade process. Following situations can appear : gimbal becomes limp; LED indicators blink irregularly or go off; the aircraft reboot itself, etc. Do not panic it is normal.

5.       Please pay attention to the gimbal status indicator during the upgrade process:

升级指示灯.JPG
6.       If the upgrade accidently fails please restart the aircraft and you will hear loud warning sound.
In this case please follow next steps to upgrade the firmware correctly:

Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Firmware Upgrade Tutorial:

Aircraft:

Remote controller:

Phantom 3 Standard Firmware Upgrade Tutorial:

New firmware for Inspire 1 series has been released at April 7th, 2016. Here is the list of the firmware versions:

Inspire 1 V1.0/2.0: v1.8.1.00

Inspire 1 Pro: v1.8.1.00

Inspire 1 Raw: v01.08.00.90

Remote controller: v1.6.0

IOS APP: 2.7.1

Android APP: 2.7.2

Please pay attention to the camera’s sound during the upgrade period:

Detecting the .bin file:D-D-D-D-D-D (less than 3 minutes)

During the Upgrade: DDDD-DDDD-DDDD-DDDD (it normally takes about 20minutes)

Completed successfully: D—DD—D—DD (Please reboot your drone)

Upgrade failed:D----------------------- (Please turn off the aircraft and format the SD card. Copy the .bin file in the card and try again. If failure persists, contact DJI Support)

Inspire 1 Firmware upgrade Tutorial:

2016-4-9
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Thanks that's great!
2016-4-9
Use props
jyurkyandsons
lvl.2

United States

if I upgrade can I still keep 2.6 dji app.
2016-4-9
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paladin poor firmware update for the P4 the update does not appear in the Go App, you can do the update from the assistant 2 software but you keep having to refresh as no firmware even shows up, to me it looks like DJI is trying to blame its users as stupid..... Your IOS app is not working as you think it should....In fact if Ken had not been around you would have even more unhappy users, he needs a pay rise
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Exib Posted at 2016-4-10 03:32
Paladin poor firmware update for the P4 the update does not appear in the Go App, you can do the upd ...

I am sorry users are having difficulties and DJI is not blaming users. I too had problems updating one of the P4's. That's how I discovered that downgrading the RC back to 1.5.8 may help as it did help me.
I think in the coming days, there will be some kind of official fix as the downgrading fix was just my own and not something from DJI.
So I feel for all of you who are experiencing update issues.
Let's see what happens during the week as al the employees will be back and solutions will come.
2016-4-9
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-9 17:43
I am sorry users are having difficulties and DJI is not blaming users. I too had problems updating ...

I am a bit curious why there are always so many issues with firmware updates. Would it not be better to rigorously test these updates before releasing them? Personally, i am on about 1.5 which is working great and have no intention of upgrading until these issues are fully rectified
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Rigworker Posted at 2016-4-10 11:05
I am a bit curious why there are always so many issues with firmware updates. Would it not be bett ...

I am sorry and I agree with you. I think this time around there is an RC and aircraft update and maybe that could contribute to it.
I will get more information Monday.
2016-4-9
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-10 00:16
I am sorry and I agree with you. I think this time around there is an RC and aircraft update and m ...

Do you recommend not to upgrade for now?
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tokenbrit Posted at 2016-4-10 20:09
Do you recommend not to upgrade for now?

It's totally up to you, if you have something important to then maybe wait until the evening time or tomorrow morning when US Support opens at 7am PST and if you have an issue you can call and a support rep can assist you, or post on the forum and I can assist you.
The weekend is very limited support and tomorrow (Monday) we will be fully staffed.
Or wait another 8hrs an China forum support will be online and they can assist as well.
If you update on the app and do the aircraft first then the RC, it should go smoothly.
2016-4-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@Rigworker, I had no problems with this update. Same as always. ;-)

I Just follow the online instructions and Bob's your Uncle Robert... Hahaha

Hope this crazy wind dies down soon. My flight schedules are being hampered...

RedHotPoker
2016-4-10
Use props
mr-nice-guy-82
lvl.1

United States

all my updates through the DJI assistance program has failed. ive tried a half dozen times now. my bird still flies without it. should I be worried about updating?
2016-4-10
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659150 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mr-nice-guy-82 Posted at 2016-4-10 17:18
all my updates through the DJI assistance program has failed. ive tried a half dozen times now. my b ...

Hi mr-nice-guy-82,
Had the same problem with initial FW update on a P4, through Assistant Software 2. Tried 6 times on my laptop. All failed ! Couldn't believe it !
Installed Assistant Software 2 on another computer; BAM !  Worked flawlessly ! Go figure out !!!
Have a nice day.

Wow: just noticed that I moved from Canada to the US !!! Must have fell asleep !!!
2016-4-11
Use props
RitchieVilla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2388 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Hopefully solutions will come, in my case Ph3P and Ph4 went well, however, DJI should publish precise instructions and step by step of all firmware upgrades, the only thing that is happening to me when I get the Ph4 ready to fly is rhat my DJI Go app screen says "Disconnected" when usually it was right there at booting, what I did was, exit the app and re open it and got right back , would this be normal? Or something from the upgrade? I am sorry for all users that experienced issues, I understand their anger as we, clients are not laboratory mice, we are clients who support their products so much as we enjoy them, I am very happy with DJI, sales, support etc. But I am not the only one, I trust DJI will dedicate time, effort and professional development to it. greetings
2016-4-11
Use props
Mdjgcl
lvl.1
United States

I'm stuck at 23% downloading the P4 aircraft update.  Been stuck for 30 min already.  Nothing wrong with my Wi-Fi.  In concerned my iPhone battery and P4 batteries won't last .  What should I do?
2016-4-11
Use props
maximeneveu
lvl.1
Canada

DJI, much respect for the products and technology development, but those firmware upgrades are unacceptable, as a person who makes it as a living.

Now DJI-Ken propose to wait and not upgrade if we feel that way.

Can you explain to us, please, if our P3P has returned from a repair process (due to a firmware upgrade that led to a No Video Signal issue), are we safe now, regarding the present and futur firmware upgrades?

* The 1.4 upgrade has been a nightmare for my little company and i'm afraid to risk any further update. Still at 1.4, since the repair process by DJI. Or is my P3P could be a defect product since day 1 and i have to deal with it?

Please, try to clarify that for us.
Kind regards

2016-4-11
Use props
billyo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125161 ft
United States

I need technical help.  I was in the middle of upgrading my controller when my iPad went into a firmware update as well.  Needless to say the DJO GO App upgrading my controller never got to finish and now I'm stuck with a remote controller that has a blue-light on and won't do anything.  Is there a way to do a heard reset on the controller??
2016-4-11
Use props
jcripps91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15860 ft

United States

billyo Posted at 2016-4-11 15:12
I need technical help.  I was in the middle of upgrading my controller when my iPad went into a firm ...

To hard reset the controller, turn it off, press and hold C1, C2, video record button and press and hold the camera settings button all at the same time then turn on the controller. Then turn it back off then on again in the normal way. You will have to open the app and relink to the craft.
2016-4-11
Use props
billyo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125161 ft
United States

jcripps91 Posted at 2016-4-12 05:10
To hard reset the controller, turn it off, press and hold C1, C2, video record button and press an ...

Did nothing.  Blue light still on.
2016-4-11
Use props
michael.shackle
lvl.2

United States

Well, I attempted to update my P3P on sunday.  The update went fine for about 20 minutes and then the steady beep and steady red light... ugh!  So I tried all day to reformat, reinstall, tried different SD cards but no luck.  I pulled the hidden log and saw the dreaded [08 00] and [15 00] devices not detected.  From what I've read I'm up a creek with no paddle and it seems like the only option is to contact DJI.  I purchased it last july and used it until about August.  I put it away for the winter and now this!  I'm just afraid that if the problem is inside the camera/gimble (the video out logic board), I'll be stuck with an expensive repair (the gimble is listed as a 6 month warranty) for a copter that was in pristine condition.  No crashes ever.  Always kept in a case.  And yes, I did follow the instructions for upgrading to a T.
Also, I'm getting no video feed and the no link error.
2016-4-11
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

maximeneveu Posted at 2016-4-11 12:22
DJI, much respect for the products and technology development, but those firmware upgrades are unacc ...

Just jumped in the same boat.  P3P bricked from the latest update.  No link, and no video.  [08 00] and [15 00] device not detected in the hidden log.  I can't believe it.  I was supposed to go on vacation next week with it, and now I'm stuck waiting for a reply from DJI.  I'm just worried that somehow I'll have to pay something for just attempting a routine firmware update.
2016-4-11
Use props
jcripps91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15860 ft

United States

billyo Posted at 2016-4-11 17:09
Did nothing.  Blue light still on.

Did you try the controller link reset button on the craft? Repeat controller hard reset, then turn it off, then back on, then with your craft on, press reset button which is on the side near the battery, little hole next to red light, then relink in the app. If that doesn't work, you are on your own.
2016-4-11
Use props
kkcarlsen97
New

United States

I've been having the same issues as of tonight, after installing the firmware updates to both the controller and my Phantom 3 Advanced, now it keeps showing the "Signal Lost" error at the top and therefore doesn't let me fly it Video signal is totally fine.
2016-4-11
Use props
pi.productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 831247 ft

kkcarlsen97 Posted at 2016-4-12 12:04
I've been having the same issues as of tonight, after installing the firmware updates to both the co ...

My Inspire 1 is updating fine using an SD card.
My Pro doesn't do anything when powered up with a card in. The released notes say that if your RC is above 1.3 then use the RC to do the update. My iPad only shows that there is an option to download the RC update, even though it says the aircraft, batteries and RC need updates. The only download is for V1.6 of the RC.

I don't want to update the RC yet, because the 1.8 release notes say to update the aircraft first, otherwise I may not be able to exit Transport mode.

Any ideas what to try?
2016-4-11
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Guys

my Phantom 4 needs a firwmware upgrade but I cant find it here on the page. teh search comes back with no results and there is no phantom assistant software for mac for the phantom 4 ?
how do I upgrade ? Tapping the firmware upgrade notification in the Dji Go App on my Iphone does nothing.
thanks for the help.
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

Just updated my P4,  I left the SD card out, and you should also leave both the bird and the controller on during the whole process DJI Ken said
2016-4-11
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-12 13:01
Just updated my P4,  I left the SD card out, and you should also leave both the bird and the control ...

how did you upgrade ? through the DJI assistant software ?

I just tried it on two different macs and both times it downloads the firmware and the application notification says firmware upgrade successful...however in the Dji Assistant app itself the status says firmware upgrade failed...confusing and utterly frustrating.
2016-4-11
Use props
pi.productions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 831247 ft

pi.productions Posted at 2016-4-12 12:14
My Inspire 1 is updating fine using an SD card.
My Pro doesn't do anything when powered up with a  ...

All OK. The first link I followed only showed Inspire 1 for downloading the update, so I thought it was a generic update. Watching a YouTube about updating the X5 camera, I saw that the download was from an Inspire Pro directory. The file name has F550 in it, but the same version number.
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Australia

BoyWithCamera Posted at 2016-4-12 15:15
how did you upgrade ? through the DJI assistant software ?

I just tried it on two different macs  ...

Yep did the bird via the Assistant 2 software on an iMac , and the RC via the Go App.
2016-4-11
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-12 13:31
Yep did the bird via the Assistant 2 software on an iMac , and the RC via the Go App.

Upgrading via the Dji Assistant software is definitely a no go for me.

tried it on my macbook pro and on my Imac, same problem on both machines :/
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Australia

Did you make sure you installed the Driver and then rebooted the computer first
2016-4-11
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-12 13:37
Did you make sure you installed the Driver and then rebooted the computer first

I thought the driver file was only for android app support ? No I haven't actually. thanks will give this a try now.
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Australia

BoyWithCamera Posted at 2016-4-12 16:01
I thought the driver file was only for android app support ? No I haven't actually. thanks will gi ...

yeah I loaded mine and away it went after I rebooted the Mac.......so I am not totally sure, but it was included in the Mac download, so I assume I had to use it
2016-4-11
Use props
BoyWithCamera
lvl.2
Australia

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-12 14:03
yeah I loaded mine and away it went after I rebooted the Mac.......so I am not totally sure, but it ...

that did indeed the trick, thanks heaps.
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Australia

Good stuff.....now go out and enjoy it........I just wish that battery charged quicker lol
2016-4-11
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This thread was a sticky on the forum but its status has now been changed to a normal post,

All the answers regarding upgrading the firmware are in this post - pages 4&5 are helpful, if I knew what I know now I would not have bothered upgrading until DJI release the next fix
http://forum.dji.com/thread-48126-4-1.html
2016-4-11
Use props
massypic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555407 ft
Italy

hello ,
my rc has the firmware to 1.60 while the p3p has the 1.8 , but when I connect the RC to the tablet (android or ios is the same ) does not require the upgrade.
if I insert the USB stick with the firmware 1.8 on my rc does not update anything.
What should I do to have the same firmware ?
thank you so much
2016-4-12
Use props
corentin.colart
New

Belgium

Hello,
I've had my P3P for a bit less than a month now.
First week I tried (in belgium)  it it went really nice, no problem.
Second week in France, still no problem.
Third week back in belgium I broke my phone (phone I was using for the P3P) thus tried to make the P3P fly with my ipad mini but couldn't get it to start because of signal loss.
I wait a bit and get my new phone (which is the same brand as the one I broke). I installed evereything like I did the first time but lost signal of the drone MID-AIR but still the RC was responding so I made it land.
Then I updated it thinking it would fix the problem and tried again when it's done. So everything went fine untill the app didn't lose signal but decided to DISCONNECT, RC still responding so made it land once again.

What can I do in order to fix those issues ?
2016-4-12
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276778 ft
Italy

Just to let you know:
Upgraded to the latest FW.
Aircraft + RC via iPad and adapter cable.

No Problems!

First flights done.
All smooth.
2016-4-12
Use props
bigs73
New

Canada

massypic Posted at 2016-4-12 04:44
hello ,
my rc has the firmware to 1.60 while the p3p has the 1.8 , but when I connect the RC to the ...

You are fully updated!

RC is 1.60
P3P is 1.8.80

Now go flying!

Marc
2016-4-12
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft

Are we still able to update the RC through the SD card, instead of updating the RC through the Go App? Thank you!
2016-4-12
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules