Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Simulator fails to work
1681 10 2015-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

Has anyone had a problem with the simulator.  I had it working and then shut down for a bit...when I restarted it wouldn't work.  When I press on the simulator start button in Academy the pilot app just closes and the screen goes to the desktop on my iPad.  Anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?
2015-1-13
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

Hi Elliot,
Simulator on lower version DJI pilot app has this bug in iOS8. And it has been fixed in the latest app.
Make sure you download the latest version 0.9.1.
2015-1-14
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

Thanks so much Autumn....I think I do have 0.9.1 but I will reload it

Elliot
2015-1-14
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

Hi Autumn...I reloaded the pilot app (I did have 0.9.1 loaded).  I still have the same problem..when try to start the simulator it shuts down the app and goes to the desktop on my iPad.  I have a newer iPad retina with A7 processor.  Any other things I can try...

2015-1-14
Use props
rbendjebar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

First of all, please tell me that you have the Inspire powered on when trying to run the simulator? The sim requires the FC from the Inspire to run. Of  course, that may not be the issue, but I thought I'd ask.
2015-1-14
Use props
mlglisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-15 00:56
First of all, please tell me that you have the Inspire powered on when trying to run the simulator?  ...

Oh yeah that is a prerequisite isn't it?
2015-1-14
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

Yes the aircraft is powered up and all systems are green and normal.  I had it working at one point and now it just closes the app?
Murphy's law!
2015-1-14
Use props
airymok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

ElliotTeskey Posted at 2015-1-15 00:51
Hi Autumn...I reloaded the pilot app (I did have 0.9.1 loaded).  I still have the same problem..when ...

seems that ur pilot app happens to crash when entering the simulator. Just take it easy. Restart the whole system, aircraft, RC, pilot app etc. and try again.
2015-1-14
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

China

ElliotTeskey Posted at 2015-1-15 07:32
Yes the aircraft is powered up and all systems are green and normal.  I had it working at one point  ...

How about your iOS version?
2015-1-15
Use props
ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi Elliot .

1. What ios version is ur pad?
u can click settings->general->software update to figure out ur ipad's ios version

2.Could u plz briefly recall what steps u operated before the app crashed?

It seems:
1. u successfully used simulator once.
2. then u clicked home(house-shape button at the left top part of the screen) to exit.
3. after a while u clicked into simulator again, it did not work. (what did u see at this moment? Any tips/warning showed up?)
4. when u clicked "Restart", anything showed up before crash?
5. can always u repeat the crash?

Thanks.
2015-1-15
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.3

United States

Thx Ytao....all my firmware is up to date....just updated the new release firmware and now the simulator works....thank you
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules