Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Slow rotation of a PV2+ in flight
1625 5 2014-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arjen.landman
lvl.2

Netherlands

Did anybody experience during flight that the PV2+ slowly rotates. RC is calibrated and doing fine, after turning the PV2+ on and off all was in order again. Quitte a curious experience, has this something to do with the compass or else.

grtz from the Netherlands

2014-9-28
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

United States

Hi grtz,
I wish mine would do that!  It is really hard to keep it from "spinning" while videoing.  I am considering the yaw mod to slow it down.  

But more specifically in answer to your question, no, mine has never done that (nor have I heard it from other pilots.  And I can't come up with a failure mode that would even create that effect at the moment.  I would suspect though that it could be a strange intermittent in the controller (where the rotation/yaw rate is initiated) or some minor software subroutine that translates that input to a real function in the bird.

Good luck with it,

Tom
2014-9-28
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Have you run your RC and Assistant Software to calibrate your RC transmitter and Phantom? Here is a pretty good video showing you how should you need it: http://youtu.be/695FLzWT_ko As the video continues when you are ready to switch to NAZA mode if you are not in it already is shows you how to do that as well. Words of advice, if you are not in NAZA mode and do switch to it when you are ready stay away from MANUAL mode. That is unless you are a skilled experienced pilot. Many newbies have made the switch to NAZA mode and enabled MANUAL mode not understanding what it is. It requires a great level of skill to fly in MANUAL mode. Best of luck!
2014-9-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

A characteristic/feature of the NazaM FC is that at each start up it resets stick centers
That is why when you are using a third party Tx/Rx with a NazaM FC, DJI recommends that you not use stick trims.
And that's probably why powering off/on corrects the issue.

This is one thing that I can think of to look for...
Check your stick calibration carefully.
After calibrating, watch your stick values on the View screen.
Does the Rudder stick always return to zero when you release it?
Or is the value something a little more or less than zero?
There could be mechanical or electronic problems with the Rudder potentiometer...
2014-9-28
Use props
DJI -Lisa.zhu
lvl.4

China

Would appreciate if arjen.landman can film a video and share
2014-9-29
Use props
arjen.landman
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI -Lisa.zhu Posted at 2014-9-30 10:59