Want buttery smooth P4 camera pans and tilts? Do this...
123Next >
19304 84 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gucoelho
New

Brazil

Good info!!
2016-5-11
Use props
mcrispyn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356444 ft
United States

Can someone repost the original settings... It looks like he has been deleted or something is up... I saved this thread to go back to it and the info is gone...

Thanks!
2016-6-1
Use props
mail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491962 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too would love these settings. This is what I came to the forum to find today. Thanks.
2016-6-1
Use props
Athlon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

The tip is deleted from the forum. Any chance to see it again?

Thanks
2016-6-2
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yeaah posts are deleted, what are the settings again please?
2016-6-2
Use props
MartW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I think this is his post,

Okay, so I've had a few well-documented issues with the Phantom 4, but by-and-large, I love this thing. So, I thought I'd share my favorite smooth-pan settings to offset some of my grumblings...

Some of this will be redundant to other videos and "how to" for smooth camera movements with a DJI Phantom, but some of it is info I had to test for myself as I couldn't find good descriptions or tests (Yaw Endpoint, for instance), so here are the settings I've found that give me the smoothest panning/yaw/rudder of the P4 aircraft and most controlable tilting of the camera, making steady cinematic shots much more attainable and controllable:

On the RC:
        • - Lengthen the sticks. This allows finer resolution of physical stick input.
        • - PRACTICE and go easy on the sticks/wheels. No matter the app settings, if you're heavy-handed on the RC, it will show in the shot.

In the DJI GO app:

MC Tab (in "Advanced"):
        • - EXP: Normal: Throttle .4, Rudder .25, F/R .4 (this rudder EXP setting REALLY chills out the pans near center stick)
        • - EXP: Sport: Throttle .4, Rudder .35, F/R .4 (do whatever you want with Sport settings, personally I don't use this mode for "smooth" shots, more for fast high-energy shots)
        • - Sensitivity: Yaw Endpoint - 110 (this is a big one nobody talks about. It limits the "throw" of your pan/yaw/rudder moves, decreasing overall pan speed and essentially increasing the resolution of your pan movements. I have found that no matter how low I go on the rudder EXP setting, the Yaw Endpoint setting is the real key to chilling out the panning on the P4)

RC Tab:
        • - Gimbal Speed - 60 (personal taste, but I've found this setting to work well with the rest of the gimbal settings below)

Gimbal Tab:
        • - Gimbal Tilt EXP - 20 (allows finer resolution around the center detent of the gimbal wheel)
        • - Gimbal Tilt SmoothTrack - 22 (this is MAGIC and nobody talks about it, kinda like the Yaw Endpoint. SmoothTrack automatically smooths out the start and end of your gimbal wheel input. It can seem really spongy at first, but once you start getting used to it, doing nice long sweeping tracking shots or horizon reveals, you'll never turn it off)
        • - Enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow - OFF (this keeps the gimbal centered and lets the P4 aircraft do all the smooth panning work, that way you don't get the sudden camera jerk to the side when trying to do a smooth pan)

There you have it, hopefully this was helpful. I'm sure I'll continue to refine these settings, but I've settled on these numbers after a bunch of flights. Just keep flying and keep testing...and don't forget that you can test a lot of these settings (especially the yaw settings) in the flight simulator. The Yaw Endpoint is especially obvious in the simulator...just bring the simulated P4 close to you, hover, and try timing a 360º rotation with various Yaw Endpoint settings.

Enjoy!
2016-6-2
Use props
Athlon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

MartW Posted at 2016-6-2 21:41

Okay, so I've had a few well-documented issues with the Phantom 4, but by ...

2016-6-2
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmmm... I wonder why TK got banned?
2016-6-3
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

MartW Posted at 2016-6-3 02:41

Thanks Mart! Just when I need to learn more about getting smoother RC controls and now TK's gone. Cheers bud!
2016-6-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Tested the setup, works great!
2016-6-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-6-3 12:56
hmmm... I wonder why TK got banned?

He told a secret that will make folks not want to upgrade
2016-6-3
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Swedrone Posted at 2016-6-4 04:06
He told a secret that will make folks not want to upgrade

I should've made a screenshot before {:4_177:}
2016-6-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

vandruten Posted at 2016-6-3 23:53
I should've made a screenshot before

Here you go
adasa.png
2016-6-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I see a few of the more vocal members here, have been evicted from their forum homes.
Now fellow Canadian pilot Morph1 has also joined this illustrious vacant crew membership.
It's fine to voice a problem or concern, but if you keep pushing the negative point, siannarra ...

RedHotPoker
2016-6-3
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

DJI!!!! THIS WAS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SETTINGS OF HOW TO ACHIEVE THE BEST RESULTS FROM THE PHANTOM 4!! Now I cannot see it because you banned him, effectively deleting every single post from this user. I'm not arguing against your decision to ban him, I have no idea what he did, but this was VERY valuable information for ALL Phantom 4 users and you just made his actual GREAT tips null and void. I know you can see the original post, can you (or ANYBODY who happened to get a screenshot of this post) post somewhere what he said in this thread? If you (DJI) aren't going to give us these tips, and you ban and get rid of the posts that do, how are we supposed to learn how to use our Phantom 4 better!?! This was arguably the most informative, practical, and intelligent thread ON THIS FORUM. To just get rid of it like it was nothing is insulting. Again, I don't know why you banned him, but when doing so, you also removed SO MUCH valuable information that he provided (and you choose not to) over the course of the past 2 months. I will no longer be an active participant in these forums. I purposefully saved this thread to refer back to when I felt I could achieve these cinematography-based shots. I am beyond pissed that this valuable USER information is no longer available to us, the USERS, when you yourself will not supply us with this information yourselves. So how about making a video about the best settings for smooth pans/tilts, since you just deleted the best source of that information?? Because that's the information us, THE USERS, really need to know.
2016-6-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2016-4-22 17:11
I just came back from the park and tried these settings.  They are a significant improvement over th ...

can you please PM me the settings he posted here? DJI banned him from the forums, effectively deleting the thread and all of that valuable information. I saved this thread to refer back to. Now it's completely gone, and all of his tips are as well. Can you help me out?
2016-6-4
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-6-4 19:53
DJI!!!! THIS WAS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SETTINGS OF HOW TO ACHIEVE THE BEST RESULTS FROM THE PHANTOM ...

2016-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-6-4 01:21
I see a few of the more vocal members here, have been evicted from their forum homes.
Now fellow Can ...

You think we should set up a roll of honour type thing for pilots lost in action ?

2016-6-4
Use props
gasram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2110 ft
United Kingdom

Strangely I can still see the posts of banned members if using a mobile device but not if using a pc.
2016-6-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-6-4 14:42
You think we should set up a roll of honour type thing for pilots lost in action ?

Yes, in Remembrance of Our Lost Servicemen in the line of duty, be it in drone combat or defending other treacherous acts of drone espoionage.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gasram Posted at 2016-6-4 15:01
Strangely I can still see the posts of banned members if using a mobile device but not if using a pc ...

Using my iPad 3, only seeing blank hollows, hauntingly staring back at me...

Gone on, to that happy place beyond the fluffy drifting cloud formations.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-4
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Haha thanks bud!
2016-6-4
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

error edited
2016-6-21
Use props
P3A_Pilot
lvl.2

Netherlands

Will these settings give the same results for Phantom 3's?
2016-6-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P3A_Pilot Posted at 2016-6-21 09:49
Will these settings give the same results for Phantom 3's?

Try them, the gimbal parameters will be similar if not exactly the same I would think. The settings are in DJI GO which is the same for both machines. Keep a note of old values so that you can reset if/when you want to.
2016-6-21
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-10 20:54
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

why can't i see this post's..?
2016-6-21
Use props
COberschneider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

MartW Posted at 2016-6-2 21:41

Thanks, great job! So this is exactly what the OP had written?

@ DJI: please restore the original post, there are so many people looking for exactly that kind of information, and you're just making it impossible for anyone to access it.
2016-6-21
Use props
mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478547 ft
Australia

Does anyone have these settings? It seems the person who gave all the info to us has now been removed - along with what seems very useful info on smooth pans. I am struggling to get yaw to be as smooth as my P3. If just seems fast even with EXP Rudder Right down to 20. Must be something I am missing - a good overall tutotial would assist...? Anyone?

2016-6-30
Use props
mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478547 ft
Australia

Thanks for posting the settings - I will try them now...
2016-6-30
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hallo Admins.
Why it is not better to remove this whole threat if already all is blocked/demoted by the user how start this threat. It doesn't looks funny.. it's a bit odd.
2016-6-30
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

Someone can decoy this informations? All erased
2016-7-19
Use props
user410e081528
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

I plan on trying these settings this weekend.  Thanks!
2016-7-20
Use props
mlb4u2c
New

United States

MartW Posted at 2016-6-3 03:41

thank you for your help.
2016-7-20
Use props
mlb4u2c
New

United States

MartW Posted at 2016-6-3 03:41

thank you for your help.
2016-7-20
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

Thank you for those settings. Sorry for be banned. Best of all settings to know.
2016-7-20
Use props
thorsten.yachtc
lvl.4
China

Thank you for those settings. Sorry for be banned. Best of all settings to know.
2016-7-20
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

My setting just. Gimbal wheel speed on 50. Gimbal Tilt EXP: 50. Gimbal Tilt smooth track on 17 works great u get cinematic smooth tilt and pan.
2016-7-23
Use props
dead fred
lvl.1

United States

Wonder what TK-421 did to get banned. I have been noticing a lot of people are disappearing lately. Mostly ones that reported problems with their drones. I don't quite get it.
2016-7-26
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I had the same ?? when seeing so many "Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield"
If you're slamming the product or the support folks then that's one thing.  If your comments are legitimate then Houston we have  problem.
In the wonderful world of social media fires travel far and fast.

I'm a new member here and I hope to be a user soon but maybe I'll do some looking for a non-biased forum.  Surely there's some out there.
2016-7-27
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Oh boy, he was banned a long long time ago. He had really bad luck (or something) with P4's. Like, he literally returned like at least 5-10 of them. And blasted DJI the whole time on the forum. So, you know. FWIW, I have had a great experience with mine.
2016-7-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules