Ronin Horizon problem
18894 21 2014-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukasznur
lvl.1

Poland

Hello,

We have just received the ronin, and we have a problem with it.
The problem is with the horizon, it seems not calibrated, and is a little bit off level. We can see that when moving camera with force, the feedback doesnt level the camera even, but at a degree. This makes problems with briefcase mode and upright mode, which dont work...
Camera is balanced perfectly, and all settings tried..

How can we fix this issue? I think it should be some kind of level calibration, but we dont have that option in the settings app...
2014-9-28
Use props
ioskaksoi
New

Russia

Hello
We also received Ronin today. And we have the same problem.
More over we found big problem inside: two gears damage to each our (look at photo below)
After collecting item we can not configure Ronin. When it is ON its starting rotate very fast without stopping.

How to solve this problem?
We are really disapointed...
xFBKgJwP1h8.jpg
2014-9-28
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

ioskaksoi@gmail Posted at 2014-9-29 02:51
Hello
We also received Ronin today. And we have the same problem.
More over we found big problem ins ...

thanks for your feedback and could you give me your email address. And I would let our repair center contact your directly
2014-9-28
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

Sir,could you try to adjust the parameter of Trim?
You could see this option in motor page
2014-9-28
Use props
ioskaksoi
New

Russia

my email: video.playx.pro@gmail.com
2014-9-29
Use props
ioskaksoi
New

Russia

DJI-Julain Posted at 2014-9-29 11:06
thanks for your feedback and could you give me your email address. And I would let our repair cent ...

my email: video.playx.pro@gmail.com
2014-9-29
Use props
lukasznur
lvl.1

Poland

My email:lukasznur@gmail.com. I tried motor trim also. Doesnt work. I will post a video in 2h.
2014-9-29
Use props
lukasznur
lvl.1

Poland

Here is the link to the video where we describe whats wrong with the gimbal

Hope you can come with a solution.
2014-9-29
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4131 ft
Spain

lukasznur@gmail Posted at 2014-9-30 03:09
Here is the link to the video where we describe whats wrong with the gimbal

https://www.youtube.com ...

I see two things while you do your tests.

1.- When you do the horizontal test, you do it by hand with a motor turned off.
Please, repeat the same test, but instead of rotating it by hand, use the remote controller to rotate it.

2.- In the briefcase test, it do not think that it is a different horizon, it think that you are changing to normal mode. You will not have 180º pan in that mode, you have around 120º pan.
2014-9-29
Use props
lukasznur
lvl.1

Poland

titorolon Posted at 2014-9-30 08:58
I see two things while you do your tests.

1.- When you do the horizontal test, you do it by hand  ...

Yes, when we rotate pan by the controler, it stays level all the time. But with the briefcase mode it is not possible to turn left and right because one axis doesnt stay center, just falls down, even in smoothtrack mode. Could you do this same test, with one motor shut down on your ronin? I just want to see if this is normal or not.

Moreover, we also had to unscrew the horizontal arm, like ioskaksoi (the metal part which you hold in your hand)  Because it was screwed in not properly, too tight to move the whole roll axis. Maybe this has to do with the not even horizon, I heard that there is a controler inside the motor.

2014-9-29
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Spain

lukasznur@gmail Posted at 2014-9-30 13:30
Yes, when we rotate pan by the controler, it stays level all the time. But with the briefcase mode  ...

I did the test, if I set pan motor to 0, and rotate by hand the gimbal, it start to wobble. I think that this happen, because you are forcing gimbal position and it try to go to its original position, but it can't as the pan motor has no force.
In briefcase, what happens to me is, is y try to pan rotating the handle faster than the gimbal, when it reach around 70º it try to change to normal position.
Could you try increasing pan speed to 100% and reduce dead band to 5, so the gimbal reacts faster to you inputs.
It is not possible to get the camera at 90ª pan in briefcase mode. One thing I found during these test, is that in briefcase mode using the remote control to control pan is no possible, you only could control tilt.
2014-9-30
Use props
paul.pan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

@lukasznur: In your video, you either deactivated SmoothTrack via the App or via the remote controller. If you have your remote controller on, the Ronin will be set to the mode selected on the remote controller. Your remote controller should be set to the middle position on the remote controller to enable SmoothTrack mode.

If the Ronin is set to the SmoothTrack off via the remote controller or the app, the gimbal will react the way you are showing in the video. Because there are physical hard stops on the roll axis, when you switch to briefcase mode, the roll becomes pan and thus, you cannot pan around with SmoothTrack off.
2014-9-30
Use props
paul.pan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

Also if it is not level, go into the more settings and click Calibrate System and let the system perform a complete sensor calibration.
2014-9-30
Use props
lukasznur
lvl.1

Poland

Okey, we have set deadband to 0 and higher speed on smoothtrack, when in smoothtrack mode it works now. But I wonder if this changing the motor does anything bad to the system. We also tried rotation the metal part, which sits around the shaft, and when rotated too much, the gimbal started rotating by itself, like ioskaksoi has. This is wierd, because Dji doesnt say you cannot remove that screws, but when you do, the ronin goes crazy… So the only solution is to find the right angle and screw it down, i believe the angle we found is near perfect, but it is not, so the horizon goes crazy when rotating the gimbal with pan shut down.
For now its ok, but Dji should think about getting new option to dji app, to calibrate the sensors in the motors..
2014-9-30
Use props
titorolon
lvl.2
Spain

lukasznur@gmail Posted at 2014-10-1 15:14
Okey, we have set deadband to 0 and higher speed on smoothtrack, when in smoothtrack mode it works n ...

Lukasznur, you have two types of calibration in the Ronin App, one Calibrate Center, and the other Calibrate System, different from the auto tune.
2014-10-1
Use props
lukasznur
lvl.1

Poland

I think you dont understand what im saying. I know about the calibration of whole system and of pan axis... We've done it a multiple times.
What I mean is a calibration of Digital Absolute Positioning Encoders in each axis which is not accesible by normal user.
autotune is another thing that doesnt matter. And I wonder if thats not the problem when you move one of these Digital Absolute Positioning Encoders, because we have tried this and whole gimbal starts rotating...
2014-10-2
Use props
mpasidu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2347369 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

hi guys
I had the same problem and found the solution.There's a correct position of the shaft to fit the roll arm (positioned by those Digital Absolute Positioning Encoders), when it's misaligned this problem comes.
Hope what worked for me will work for you guys too.
First loosen this part (image attached, didn't want to diassemble my one again so just got the pic from upper post)
Don't tighten it too much just tighten it a little bit and the fix the roll arm (the motor should be able to rotate inside the roll arm with some power) Then fix the camera and power the gimbal on (the roll arm is not tightened properly now, so it can fall off from the gimbal and damage the camera and the cable so be ready to hold the camera if it falls. ps. better to do this on a bed) Then the ronin will level perfectly, but don't play with it as the roll arm isn't tightened. Now power it off, remove the roll arm carefully and tighten the screws which loosened before fix the roll arm and it should work perfectly now.
roniiiroll.jpg
2014-10-2
Use props
rybagregory
New

Azerbaijan

I have a problem with my new DJI Ronin stake his turn he spins in a circle at high speed. App does not apply. What should I do ???
rybagregory@gmail.com
2015-4-3
Use props
marcinplawnicki
New

Poland

I have same problem with my ronin m. Perfectly balanced but couple of turns and horizon is lost.

2015-11-12
Use props
fanse98876e7
New

Czechia

ronin Spinning
2017-2-20
Use props
Gustavo Funes
New

Spain

Su bonito Ronin ni siquiera se conecta por Blutetooth... vaya un aparato complicado. Me dan ganas de tirarlo por la ventana. Si estuvieran ustedes cerca se los tiraba por la cabeza
2018-12-23
Use props
Gustavo Funes
New

Spain

¿Como conectar el ronin-s? Cómo encenderlo? ¿Hay algo fácil con este aparato?
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules