3292 23 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyt76
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1502224 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I use my Headplay HD fpv glasses with the HDMI module the video cuts in and out on my iphone—green zones, blank segments of video. The image on the HDMI glasses, however, remains in tact. This was after the latest firmware update.
2016-4-11
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427867 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have the same problem with IPad 3.  Chat with tech support and they said it's the new Apple IOS that is the culprit.  We had to remove the HDMI module to fly so we could see what we're doing.  Incidentally the HDMI feed is clean but not on the IOS device.
2016-4-11
Use props
Ryanuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Apples iOS has absolutely nothing to do with it.  
If anything it is DJI's firmware and or their iOS app thats causing the issue.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, which iPhone and IOS version do you use to connect the RC? It would be better if  you can post a video of this issue and some screenshots of your image transmitting settings and firmware version here.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I am on the latest firmware on my P3 Pro and IOS an my HDMI module works great. Can you plug the cable into your TV and see if you still see interference.
And if so, please post a picture of the interference.
Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 10.00.37 PM.png
2016-4-11
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I also just did the HDMI upgrade just an hour ago.....everything works fine, but I did do the latest firmware upgrade.
Before I did the upgrade, when I plugged the HDMI cable and Googles in, both Screens went blank....all good after the upgrade.
2016-4-11
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

United States

The only time I saw this issue was when another phantom was flying close to me, both of us were using "Auto Channel" and had intermittent green screen although the view through my FatShark HD2's was unaffected... Long shot but maybe check you Signal and see if there is any interference, or set to a channel with auto turned off.
2016-4-11
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Some ppl have issue some not
2016-4-11
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-11 20:31
Hello, which iPhone and IOS version do you use to connect the RC? It would be better if  you can pos ...

I'm using the latest firmware for P4, RC controller and IOS 9.3.1.

How do I post video?  I'll send it as soon as someone lets me know how to do so.

We tried 3 other HDMI modules at the DronesPlus store and all had the same result.  Also tried it on my IPhone, and used different cables, again same problem.  Signal to HDMI monitor is clean.

Jim Watt
2016-4-12
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-11 20:31
Hello, which iPhone and IOS version do you use to connect the RC? It would be better if  you can pos ...

Here is a link to video we recorded on our IPhone of the IPad screen with the HDMI Module installed.

We tried 3 more HDMI modules at the DronesPlus store and each had the same issue.  With the stock module installed the IPad behaves normally.  We tried an IPhone just to make sure it wasn't the IPad, we also replaced the HDMI cable going to the monitor and the USP lighting cable between the RC & the IPad.  Also tried a second HDMI monitor.

The problem only exists when the HDMI module is installed.  We updated firmware on P4 aircraft and the RC on Saturday 4/9.  The RC we did through the DJIGO app and the aircraft we did through a PC.

I texted tech support and they said it was a known issue that. They were trying to fix.

Thanks...Jim Watt
2016-4-12
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Texted tech support today to confirm if issue was an IOS problem and they didn't know anything about it but to send it in for repair.  I really don't think this is a satisfactory solution.
2016-4-12
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Decided sending my P4 to DJI for them to "examine the issue" really wasn't a good choice.  Called my Apple Business rep and went down to the Apple Store & installed my HDMI adapter on a new RC.  WooHoo!  No breakup in IPad video and HDMI feed was still pristine.  DJI needs to take a close look at Apple customer support and customer relations.  My Apple team are my hero's!!!  At least in my case the cause appears to be a defective transmitter.  Apple swapped the working transmitter for my defective unit and we're back in the air!  The Apple Southcenter crew is customer service at it's finest!!!!   Jim Wattage
2016-4-12
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

United States

Cale262 Posted at 2016-4-12 14:52
The only time I saw this issue was when another phantom was flying close to me, both of us were usin ...

I stand corrected, I experienced the same issue as OP today. iPad mini4 (most current OIS) and FatShark Dominator HD V2 goggles. Started right after I updated the RC as prompted. Sigh*
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

jwatt@bennett-w Posted at 2016-4-12 22:16
HDMI output module problem

Here is a link to video we recorded on our IPhone of the IPad screen w ...

Thanks for your information.BTW I need to confirm your iPad's and Phantom's module.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Hello, here are my other suggestions:
1. change to channel mode to custom mode and set the transmission quality to lower than 8Mbps
2. try an android device to see
2016-4-13
Use props
tonyt76
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I only get this issue on my P4. I do not experience it on my P3P. Latest firmware on the P4 and controller.

I am using an iPhone 6+ and a iPad Air 2, DJI GO app 2.7.2 and iOS 9.3.1.
2016-4-21
Use props
tonyt76
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

jwatt@bennett-w Posted at 2016-4-12 10:16
HDMI output module problem

Here is a link to video we recorded on our IPhone of the IPad screen w ...

Jim,

Did it do this with the previous version firmware on the bird?
2016-4-21
Use props
cverdaguer
New
Spain

Hi,

I am having this issue every time I flight, only since i upgraded last firmware of P4.
I am running Android 6 on Nexus 6, so means its not related to Apple devices only.
I am not using HDMI, only the default config of P4 with no addons or modifications.

Message appear always after landing.
Always when i connect the camera, see green and magenta lines till I take off that they dissapear.

Since it appeared after upgrade, I am sure its a firmware problem.
Regards
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

cverdaguer@gmai Posted at 2016-8-12 04:08
Hi,

I am having this issue every time I flight, only since i upgraded last firmware of P4.

I'm sorry you are having an issue,

It may be that you are not using a DJI recommended device.
You need at least a Google Nexus 7.

iOS Version v2.8.6.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.3.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-8-11
Use props
cverdaguer
New
Spain

Hi again, thanks for your answer.
I dont think is the device, it was working perfectly before the upgrade of firmware, with the same device.
At the same time, I can fly, the problem appears after landing. If it were a device compatibility problem, I dont think that even the App let me fly.

There is a lot of people with that problem, which makes me think it cant be the app only.

Thanks
2016-8-12
Use props
dvelez33
New

United States

cverdaguer@gmai Posted at 2016-8-12 04:06
Hi again, thanks for your answer.
I dont think is the device, it was working perfectly before the up ...

Hello,

Having this same issue after adding this HDMI module to my RC P3P.  Disconnect issues from the tablet or phone, the goggles Dominators V3 continue to work with no issues.
Ive tried Samsung Note 4 phone, Samsung Tab2, Ipad air, iPhone 6 - same issue.
Removed the HDMI module and installed the old one and issues went away.

Any hopes for a fix from DJI on this issue???
Thanks,
Doug
2016-8-17
Use props
4DASE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 731588 ft
Portugal

So I installed the module and had no issues for about 5 or 6 flights then I got the dreaded issue and now what do i do? I bought the module in the USA while on a trip there and now im back in Portugal where i Live. can i send this module back to DJI for a swap?

To Dji Support. I have worked as a field test engineer for sony mobile. I have tried this on 8 Androis devices, one ipad 3 and a iphone 6S. Getting really bad signal on the andorids and iphones. When I go back to the original non HDMI board its all good. All devices running lates Fw and Sw. Also latest on Phantom3pro and the remote. Tried about 6 usb cables and 2 hdmi cables. My HDMI screens were Fatsharks a HDMI monitor and a pair of headplays

Br

DavidGu
2017-3-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

4DASE Posted at 2017-3-24 01:35
So I installed the module and had no issues for about 5 or 6 flights then I got the dreaded issue and now what do i do? I bought the module in the USA while on a trip there and now im back in Portugal where i Live. can i send this module back to DJI for a swap?

To Dji Support. I have worked as a field test engineer for sony mobile. I have tried this on 8 Androis devices, one ipad 3 and a iphone 6S. Getting really bad signal on the andorids and iphones. When I go back to the original non HDMI board its all good. All devices running lates Fw and Sw. Also latest on Phantom3pro and the remote. Tried about 6 usb cables and 2 hdmi cables. My HDMI screens were Fatsharks a HDMI monitor and a pair of headplays

I had this issue last month when I added the HDMI to a P4.  Some suggested rolling back the RC unit to version 1.60 from 1.80 which it was at.  For some reason, when I put the HDMI in, the version shown was 1.60+ which might be the default in the RC, but when I did the update it asked for to 1.80 it turned bad.

The video with 1.60 to the iPad Air 2 improved and only breaks up maybe 1% of the time.  Prior to the HDMI it NEVER broke up.  When I used version 1.80 it broke up maybe 20% of the time in green bars, etc. and more often after hitting the red button for the shutter or video camera.  It's asking for the update again, but I ignore it.

Fwiw, I also use Autopilot and never have noticed the screen breaking up with it.

HDMI port was always good to the goggles though.
2017-3-24
Use props
4DASE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 731588 ft
Portugal

Maybe i should try with a other app then. If that solves the issue you know its DJI´s fault.

I do like that DJI has gotten some issues sorted like flyaways and other weird stuff they had before. But still their support is really bad. Always blaming it on user or third party products like Ios etc. Come on DJI you can do better!
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules