IMU Calibration stays at 0%
3229 26 2016-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dave7
New

Spain

I have bought a Phantom 3 Pro and just done all of the firemware updates as suggested by the DJI Go app and then it said I needed to calibrate the IMU.  I have no data in the sensors section and IMU calibration stays at 0%
Can anyone help?
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Japan

Please reinstall DJI Go app and try again
2016-4-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-12 10:02

Tim quick question, Have they had any problem with the Go app and then New I pad update ios 9.3.1   After the latest  download I have heard of problems but  I am not sure if it is coming back to the 9.3.1 being the cause . It is kind of unfortunate that these updates came out at the same time ( The I pad update and the DJI updates )  .    Any insight would be appreciated.

donnie
2016-4-12
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 01:37
Tim quick question, Have they had any problem with the Go app and then New I pad update ios 9.3.1   ...

I have an iPad Air 2 and it's running 9.3.1 and I haven't had any issues
2016-4-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2016-4-12 13:41
I have an iPad Air 2 and it's running 9.3.1 and I haven't had any issues

Mine neither, but I keep hearing of folks having trouble and was wondering if they had an influx of trouble.  I never have trouble updating.....but the forum is full of those who do...... same kind of deal

appreciate your input , thanks

donnie
2016-4-12
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

I have the same issue with latest FW and DJI GO app version. The calibration stays at 0% whole time, during calibration. If you be patient, there will be message, Calibration succeeds.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 01:37
Tim quick question, Have they had any problem with the Go app and then New I pad update ios 9.3.1   ...

Haven't try Ipad , I'm using Iphone 6 with 9.3.1 with no issues at all
2016-4-12
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Yes, the last few updates have seen my calibration stay at 0 until it is done.  It does take time, so be sure you just let it work.  I can't remember how long the last one took, but I think it was about 15 minutes.  I'd give it 30 just in case, unless it gives you a successful message.
2016-4-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Updated everything, Go app, firmware in drone, RC, and all is still working as expected.

No conflicts or negatives. All is well... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-4-12
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-13 11:06
Haven't try Ipad , I'm using Iphone 6 with 9.3.1 with no issues at all

Tim,

Really debating on this upgrade for my P3P.  I had a P3A (all on the prior firmware).  Upgraded the camera with 4K version (purchased at B&H) and the firmware to Professional version FW and everything is fine.  When this latest FW upgrade was released, I'm not getting a message to upgrade the FW on RC, Aircraft and Camera.  I have both an iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 with 9.3.1..  I'm seeing all the issues people are having with this upgrade..  None are even mentioning a camera upgrade..  How do I tell what version my Camera is at?

I had purchased another 4K camera in the past, in a private sale..  This was with the current FW I have on the aircraft (1.7).  It was working fine but said it needed a camera upgrade.  That FW process bricked that camera.. (why I purchased a new one from B&H)..

Jay S.
2016-4-13
Use props
dave7
New

Spain

Hi Tim,

I have uninstalled the app on my iPhone 5c and then restarted the calibration. I'm dejected, is there something I'm missing? The calibration keeps at 0% and I've had this thing going dd-dd-dd for what feels like a lifetime but is about 90 minutes and all that is happening is the drone battery has gone to 50%.

I only have access to 3/ 4 satellites and I'm wondering if that is an issue as I don't see what else could be wrong apart from this being a faulty unit.

Dave
2016-4-15
Use props
dave7
New

Spain

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-12 23:02

Done but still same problem....I've waited a while to get this drone and never used it and currently looking at an expensive piece of plastic flashing disco lights. HELP!
2016-4-15
Use props
dave7
New

Spain

jorski@netti.fi Posted at 2016-4-13 03:15
I have the same issue with latest FW and DJI GO app version. The calibration stays at 0% whole time, ...

Whats patient Jorski, got this thing going for 90mins and still no change.
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dave7 Posted at 2016-4-15 15:42
Hi Tim,

I have uninstalled the app on my iPhone 5c and then restarted the calibration. I'm dejected ...

Jay , just a FYI, the About page will tell you what camera version you are on . It will list the go app, aircraft, rc and Camera Firmware versions . Must have ALL on in standby mode  to read the"About " page in full detail .  

Cheers- donnie
2016-4-15
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-16 04:58
Jay , just a FYI, the About page will tell you what camera version you are on . It will list the g ...

Donnie,

Thanks..  Don't think I noticed that anywhere but will look...  Where is the ALL setting??

Jay S.

P.S.  Check email..
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-15 20:29
Donnie,

Thanks..  Don't think I noticed that anywhere but will look...  Where is the ALL setting? ...

LOL, I meant you must have  "Everything On "  to be a able to see "all" of the Versions  of Firmware on the "About " page  
Below is just a sample of the "About " Page   ( The versions are not curent ) but you can see the 'Camera " Version firmware number.

Are you pulling my leg on this question ?
Also I did check my e-mail  .  Please send again .  ( I have four devices and sometimes the server screws up and I loose mail  now and again.....sorry  )

Cheers - donnie

DJI screen shot about page for firmware.jpg
2016-4-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-16 19:19
LOL, I meant you must have  "Everything On "  to be a able to see "all" of the Versions  of Firmwar ...

Donnie,

Wasn't pulling your leg, and I don't see the "camera" level at all..  Never have, even when it had the 2.7 Camera on it..  Are you on an Android or IOS device here?  I know that they just released DJI GO 2.7.2 for IOS ...  Here is a link to what I sent to DJI Tim..  NO Camera listed, but obviously on..  I see you are on 2.6 for the app..

https://jaysott.smugmug.com/DJI/

Jay S.
2016-4-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-16 08:06
Donnie,

Wasn't pulling your leg, and I don't see the "camera" level at all..  Never have, even whe ...

That is strange !!!  I use 2.7.1  Apple I- pad   I wonder why yours does not show it.

The example I used was not from my system, I just pulled it as a "camera version " example .

Mine does look similar.

cheers- donnie

2016-4-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

Similar topic.  For the last few versions, I've noticed the IMU cal did sit on zero during the whole procedure, until it was complete.  Then it would show complete and be done with it.  A couple of days ago, I had need to do a calibration and didn't want to dig out my iPad, so I pulled the latest GO for my phone (which I used to fly with).  When I did the IMU cal, the progress bar worked like it used to, giving moving progress report all the way through the procedure.  I don't know if this is a difference in the app for the Android phone and the app for the iPad, or if the phone has an even newer version of GO than my iPad.  The P3, RC, and iPad were all upgraded recently, showing 2.71 for the app (iPad), 1.8.8 for the aircraft, and 1.6.0 for the RC.  No, I don't remember ever seeing any camera version shown, and it certainly isn't there now.  I just checked the phone and it has 2.7.2 on it, so apparently, the Android has a new version out.
2016-4-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-4-16 17:31
Similar topic.  For the last few versions, I've noticed the IMU cal did sit on zero during the whole ...

Gary,

Thanks for the sanity check.  Maybe it was something that was shown back with 2.6 (like in Donnie's picture).  I wish DJI would jump in here.  I'm getting a message (from the 1.8 upgrade) that the camera needs a firmware upgrade.  I haven't heard anyone else say theirs did... It would make sense though given one of the items fixed in the release notes..  I just wish I knew what level my camera is currently at?  The 1.7 firmware and 2.7.1 are perfectly happy, and some of the horror stories we're seeing (some self inflicted) don't give a lot of confidence..

Donnie, are you still seeing a Camera FW one what you have now?

Jay S.
2016-4-16
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-16 13:46
That is strange !!!  I use 2.7.1  Apple I- pad   I wonder why yours does not show it.

The example ...

Donnie...

See Gary's reply...  Are you still seeing a Camera FW # with 2.7.1 and your iPad??  Thanks..

Jay
2016-4-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

I just checked and found my iPad has now upgraded to 2.7.2 from 2.7.1 a couple of days ago.
2016-4-16
Use props
dave7
New

Spain

Guys I'm still having this problem. I've had the calibration going for hours and still no change.
2016-4-22
Use props
john.cabreratec
New

Has anyone at DJI figured out the problem here? I am 15 minutes in and still nothing for the IMU calibration % or notifications.

Thanks,
2016-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did you chill the drone down good first, as it being outside, or down in front of an air conditioner or even into the kitchen fridge for twenty minutes?
That seems to be a great place to begin an IMU calibration. Followed by the gimbal. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
United States

iOS 9.3.2 just loaded on my iPad 2 a few minutes ago.  Will have to fly again when I get a chance.
2016-5-23
Use props
JC FLA
New

I never took it outside. I had just received the Shield K-1 from NVIDIA, downloaded the app, updated the firmware...then stuck. Tried several times since, all inside the office and in the A/C.
EDIT: [size=14.6667px]So I was able to correct my problem. My issue was with the firmware. The actual Phantom was not the most recent firmware, and not updating, while my controller was. All I needed to do was go to the download page on DJI and get the most recent .bin file. Then I let it do the 25 minute update as they describe (remote off) and the IMU calibration worked just fine once I powered back up normally.
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules