Inspire Camera Image Resolution question
2867 7 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnmillsnz
lvl.2

New Zealand

I am a keen photographer who has advanced from the PV2+ to the Inspire 1, with the intention of making great pictures (Well . . dreams are still free!).I am wondering if someone can enlighten me on how to achieve the advertised 4000x3000 pixel (12Mp) resolution, as I am only achieving (according to Lightroom) 3992 x 2242 (8.95Mp) from every shot I take with the camera.  I cannot see a setting in the (iOS) app to choose or modify the camera setting (apart from video resolutions).

I shoot in RAW (DNG) only.

Thanks in anticipation.

2015-1-14
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here, interested to know why!
2015-1-14
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi I am new to raw pictures. Can you recommend a program that will let me edit raw
2015-1-14
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-1-15 09:41
Hi I am new to raw pictures. Can you recommend a program that will let me edit raw

Adobe Lightroom is really handy to edit the RAW files.
2015-1-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I use adobe photoshop
2015-1-14
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apparently DJI has decided to frame the stills in a 16:9 format, same as HD TV, rather than the 35 mm standard 3:2 format, or the form factor of the Exmor sensor, which is 4:3. Maybe that has to do with processing time for the CPU, or some other limitation, but it does not use the full frame of the sensor, as you noted.
2015-1-14
Use props
johnmillsnz
lvl.2

New Zealand

Firstly I acknowledge that the Inspire 1 is a great unit, and I purchased it for the advertised camera quality and improvements over the PV2+ which I enjoyed also.  Based on the advertised specs:
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/spec
The camera has a total of 12.76M pixels, and EFFECTIVE Pixels 12.4Mp - 'Effective', I read, as being those pixels that will effect the image I am taking.  The actual resolution of 8.95Mp is about the same as an iPhone, and I can't help feeling somewhat mislead when I find that we are missing out on approx 30% of the resolution advertised - which is very significant when it comes to the ability to print and mount an image for display.  I would be very appreciative if a DJI representative would comment on why there is such a discrepancy, and hopeful that an updated camera/sensor is not far away (dreaming again!)
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Might have too many S900's to move out limiting this platform for a reason.
8.9 Mp isn't what I remember advertised either.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules