A Bit nervous its here friday.....Hope Ive done my homework!
1286 9 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

The Inspire1  is set to arrive Friday  this week and has me a bit worried via its learning curve. I sure hope I have done my due diligence.

Biggest concern is the firmware update doing it right and a possible new firmware update upcoming.

BIG QUSTION

Was wondering:  Would you all suggest to wait till new firmware is out to fire this baby up or go with the older version and update down the line.
I found the phantom easy to set up and update etc.. This Inspire has me a bit intimidated and I sure hope all goes smooth.
Ty in advance .

Mike.

Any obvious start tips would be Oh so appreciated biting my nails here.
2015-1-14
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ive grounded mine till further notice just isn't worth flying into rental cars or garage doors, more hassle than its worth. Just hold off
2015-1-14
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-15 06:04
Ive grounded mine till further notice  just isn't worth flying into rental cars or garage doors, m ...

1-The grand  canyon
2- Fairbanks in Alaska
3-Come to Miami , the everglades we have a lot open field.
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-15 06:04
Ive grounded mine till further notice  just isn't worth flying into rental cars or garage doors, m ...

TY bud Thinking the same thing hate to dent the garage door and scramble for a glue gun. Just be my luck that's why I'm very cautious about this new arrival.
Not wanting to recreate the Hindenburg's final flight right out the box for sure.   Muttering "Oh the humanity."

Its gonna be difficult not to crack into this thing the min it arrives hoping the update is soon I know it will taunt me to mess with it and I just have to resist. Not gonna be easy.

One could load the app in my Ipad and take it out of travel mode and unlock the motors cant I ??
Put camera on...

Then.... do nothing more than that till the firmware update?? Traveling this weekend anyhow and wont be around to explore the inspire much

One question how do you update firmware on the Battery's if you have more than one?

2015-1-14
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mhaislet@yahoo. Posted at 2015-1-15 06:16
TY bud Thinking the same thing hate to dent the garage door and scramble for a glue gun. Just b ...

I can imagine, i opened straight, firmware, DJI DANCE then fly haha

As for your question about the battery, not a clue, I'm ordering another 3 soon as they come into stock but i hope they get this firmware soon, i could imagine the are working seriously hard for everyone to get this out an sorted
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

I feel the same way I bet they are scrambling as fast as they can ..
Your braver than me man..
That battery question has been on my mind for a few days now I bet its in the app somewhere when you toggle the battery icon..I hope it is.
Wonder if its as easy as inserting the new battery and hitting the app function's.
Yep Im nervous..and gonna take it supa slow.

DJI dance is upcoming I hope ..lol
I have a check list 3 feet long I assembled as quick start guides scare the hell out of me with things like this.
2015-1-14
Use props
lusetti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36506 ft
United States

Im getting mine tomorrow I hope ..... I will probably open her up and update it. And take baby steps. Somewhere where this plenty of room .Good luck to you guys and I hope my luck is good too....
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Amen to that !
Nice to see orders rolling to future owners!

SLOW DANCE.. here as well lots to go over and over.

Was your order from the copter shop as well?
2015-1-14
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you've flown a Phantom before, the Inspire is a piece of cake. If you've not flown a Phantom or are completely unfamiliar with RC flying, then I highly recommend practicing with the Flight Simulator in the Academy section of the Pilot app. The Flight Simulator is actually very good and will help you get comfortable with the controls.

I've had a bit of experience flying RC aircraft (which is harder and less forgiving than these magical quadcopters) and have been flying a Phantom for many months. But I still practiced with the Flight Simulator before I took the Inspire to the air.
2015-1-14
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

Abe I most appreciate the words of advice and confidence with serious hopes the firmware downloads ok etc..
I started with a FC40 then that lead to the V2+ , now this new kid on the block the inspire1.
To say I'm a bit nervous with this 3k beastie is an understatement but the resources here on this forum have been second to none and I feel with testing and many test flights I will grow comfortable same as I was with the other two DJI drones before this one..

I apologize in advance for some of the stupid questions I may have over the next few weeks .
I can now say with out a doubt I'm truly inspired by your post regarding this new baby and feel a lot more at ease knowing its not as tough as I think it will be.

2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules