Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller Sticks Backwards - Settings change nothing!
4641 10 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barney Rubbel
Captain

I have a friend with a P2V+ V3 that in which the controller is bass-ackwards no matter whether you set it to either option (A/B or 1/2, I forget). Trying to do a CSC down and in or down and out does nothing. If you do it UP and in or out, it starts right up. You pull down on the left stick and it goes up and vice versa. You yaw left, it yaws right. You move forward using the right stick, and it moves backwards. Left and right are opposite too. Thoughts? Very bizarre (and hard to fly!)  Thanks!

Barney
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
Second Officer

United States

Try manually binding them instead of mode selecting?   Also could try manually configure them backwards.
2016-4-13
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Lets hope it doesn't come down to standing in front of a mirror to fly.  Question;  did it work normally at one time?  If so,  were any changes made to the aircraft or controller?  I mean,  for something to just go 180 degrees out of phase usually requires something memorable to have occurred, unless it came from the factory that way.
2016-4-13
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Changing to mode 1 or 2 only swaps the sticks around so that the throttle is on the left or right side.
In the PT2 assistant you can also select Reverse for the sticks, which sounds like what your friend has done.
I suggest you link up to the PT2 assistant and see what the settings are again.  

Edit, swaped RC assistant for PT2 assistant because i forgot which one had the reverse option.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I'd suggest you to disable the sticks reverse option in PT2
2016-4-14
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2016-4-14 07:02
Changing to mode 1 or 2 only swaps the sticks around so that the throttle is on the left or right si ...

Thank you. I did not see an option to do this, but will look again. I didn't think the modes would cause what was happening, but found it in mode 1, so tried mode 2 (correct for most I believe) and it didn't change anything. I'll you all know how it goes.

Thanks!   Barney
2016-4-14
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-14 06:31
Lets hope it doesn't come down to standing in front of a mirror to fly.  Question;  did it work norm ...

It worked OK for a long time. I'm thinking he inadvertently switched something in the SW, because he had never hooked it to a computer before this issue started. I talked him into upgrading his firmware which he didn't want to do (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), so kinda feel responsible.

At least his Wifi works!  

Barney
2016-4-14
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Captain

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 17:52
Hello, I'd suggest you to disable the sticks reverse option in PT2

Thanks. I've never seen that option, but will look again.

Barney
2016-4-14
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah you can change mode on the transmitter in the RC assistant, but you need the Phantom assistant connected to the Phantom to see if REV is selected.
Its under the Basic / RC tab.
Good luck
2016-4-14
Use props
ccatv200
New
Flight distance : 3924 ft
United States

FYI. This is for the next guy. He probably calibrated his sticks. if you do not calibrate correctly or completely sticks will function backassward.   
2017-6-17
Use props
ccatv200
New
Flight distance : 3924 ft
United States

You have to calibrate sticks correctly or remote will behave badly or in reverse. I calibrated my sticks and the next time I flew everything operated backward. I had my first crash with DJI. To test your craft I suggest holding your drone tightly with your left hand. take off and test remote.     
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules