3458 56 2016-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanlam115
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You can see the most recent drone footage a few days ago- this was my test flight after the UPDATE. APP said, Update successful .
https://www.instagram.com/last3xile/
on my instagram, that shows the flight was successful because I got it back.
Tested POI during that flight. but this morning, it flew away.

I am 80% sure this is not user-error
Help!

I cannot find the file on my computer via USB.

here is the log from Healthy drones
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=hwjNiL

2016-4-14
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Is there a Telecoms tower anywhere near.?  I had a flyaway when I got to close to one that was hiding. Fortunately I have my Battery low setting at 30% and my bird returned on its own to home point.
2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you want to know what went wrong and understand how to prevent similar occurrences.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and some of the experienced people here will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and perhaps point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom.
2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

michaelfinney_h Posted at 2016-4-14 23:02
Is there a Telecoms tower anywhere near.?  I had a flyaway when I got to close to one that was hidin ...

Telecommunications towers don't make your Phantom fly away.

To find out if your Phantom really flew away and work out what happened,
go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and some of the experienced people here will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident
2016-4-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Always make sure you have a home point set.  Also a good idea to fly in P-GPS mode.  Fly aways a normally a result of not setting your RTH.http://healthydrones.com/ is a good sight to use that shows just about everything from how many GPS hits you have and more.

2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-14 23:54
Always make sure you have a home point set.  Also a good idea to fly in P-GPS mode.  Fly aways a nor ...

"Fly aways a normally a result of not setting your RTH"

Flyaway is very rare.
Reported flyaways are usually due to confusion and misunderstanding.
2016-4-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 09:58
"Fly aways a normally a result of not setting your RTH"

Flyaway is very rare.

True.  Always important to set your home point and also look into your RTH altitude height along with you RTH fail safe.
I just did 6 flights last night where I purposely went to a no signal range and always the RTH kicked in.
GPS signals are a key to insure you have a good RTH.
Now, what gets me about this video is where the Home Point is set versus where the flight is...
Image3.jpg
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Please watch the video and read description . thanks. I will try to upload and see what happened
2016-4-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 11:11
Please watch the video and read description . thanks. I will try to upload and see what happened

Did watch the video, and what strikes me the most is your Home Point.  You should upload your flight logs to allow others to get a better understanding of your situation and what caused your "FlyAway".

Appears your bird flew past signal range and then flew to the home point.

2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-14 10:46
True.  Always important to set your home point and also look into your RTH altitude height along wi ...

Thank you for watching. Exactly. The drone set home to a place completely jumped. The app, said home point recorded. But when i chose rth the second time, it started to drift away from my initial  take off point. But even so, i cancelled that second rth, and back to pgps if you can see in the log.
There was no control.
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I set safety max distance 200 meters.. It went out 1000....
2016-4-14
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 11:19

Not sure why it jumped homepoints. Did you atleast go to that new homeport to see if the drone landed there?
2016-4-14
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 11:19

And I'm guessing since you had max range at 200m, when the new homepoint was recorded, it realized it was more than 200 m away from the safety line (your new homepoint) so it probably headed there to get back in range of 200m
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 09:23

To find out if your Phantom really fl ...

there is no record of this morning's flight in the log, but in the app there is record of it.
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

TJ10 Posted at 2016-4-14 12:50
And I'm guessing since you had max range at 200m, when the new homepoint was recorded, it realized ...

maybe.
but When phantom was facing me, even though I cancelled RTH,
i push forward right stick, it went backwards. I tried to pull back on the right stick, it kept going away from me. So I had only essentially, Yaw control moments after the NEW HOMEPOINT some reason jumped places.
EVEN SO,  there is no option for the home point to be set so far away from the drone.
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-14 10:46
True.  Always important to set your home point and also look into your RTH altitude height along wi ...

ya, I noticed that the home point for no reason.. jumpped from the initial take off point, - where the pictures and recordings were taken.. and it jumped far away. ..... thanks for your attention... what can I do? the flight log is not in the file. but it is clearly on my app and I can play it again and again.  but cannot find the actual flight log in the files
2016-4-14
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 13:11
maybe.
but When phantom was facing me, even though I cancelled RTH,
i push forward right stick,  ...

Yeah I completely agree it seems that the new homepoint it set was a glitch or firmware problem. I'm assuming since you were in P-GPS mode, it took control of the drone to get it back within range, and overrided your controls. I'm a newbie, only had my P3A for a few days. If it ever starts to drift away from you, switch to Atti mode, increase altitude to avoid things you don't know about, and look at your map, and fly it home based on your map. If the map cuts off due to lack of GPS, look at the direction of the telemeter, and fly in the direction that lowers the distance from you and the drone. That's my plan if I even encounter that problem. Though if I were in your position, I probably would have freaked out and wondered why it wasn't responding to my controls. Hopefully DJI can help you out, cause it seems like that new homepoint set was some sort of glitch.
2016-4-14
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft

Tj10 that's a good plan you have there I'm gonna follow you on that one
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

TJ10 Posted at 2016-4-14 13:23
Yeah I completely agree it seems that the new homepoint it set was a glitch or firmware problem. I ...

that is something i thought of doing after having lost LOS.
but if you watch the video, as it was apparently "RTH" to the JUMPED new incorrect, Home point, if it was really going RTH, it should be facing the home point. not facing the initial take off posiiton. Because I know when RTH is set, it goes up to the set altitude, and then the front faces the home point. In this record, the back was facing the home point, which is not usual phantom behaviour.

I have a standard. it just came back from shell crack repair.
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 09:23

To find out if your Phantom really fl ...

can not locate file . I still have the recoridng from this morning. i didn't record the whole flight,
but the log is missing from the flight log
2016-4-14
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 13:31
but if you watch the video, as it was ...

you say it is just back from a repair.

that leads to 2 questions.

after you got it back did you do an IMU calibration to correct any effects of it being banged around in transut?

did you also do compass calibration?
if they did it in repair , it would need redone for your location...

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-4-14
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 13:31
but if you watch the video, as it was ...

Yeah definitely seems it's a problem from DJI's front. I'm just speculating here, but maybe before it RTH'd, it wanted to get back into the 200m radius you set. I haven't set my P3A above a 50 M radius yet, but when I get to the max, it will back up to get back within the radius, it doesn't turn around to get back into that zone. Just speculating that might have been what is was doing, but I really have no idea
2016-4-14
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Here's how to recover the logs.

iOS:
Android: Plug your tablet via USB cable to your PC and access it like a USB drive.
The files are in the folder "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord".
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-4-14 13:48
you say it is just back from a repair.

that leads to 2 questions.

I only did compass calibration.

I have brought this drone from Canada, to Hong Kong , on the plane in a luggage. The overhead storage in plane. Took it to subway station, on the bus, the driving in HOng Kong is super shaky and would have a lot of bumps and shakes. and did not do any IMU calibration for that trip to Hong Kong, the phantom flew fine. But mind you, i was using an older update, and i never used RTH function as, i know how to fly manually.

In addition, after getting it back from repair, i updated firmware, binded rc to drone. And i had one test flight, it was a smooth flight, except when before taking off, i clicked on set home point, and it gave the option to "rth now".. But it did not even take off. The motors rev'd like it was about to take off.  I thought the reving was because it was on grass.
The first flight was smooth. But today, this happened. The controls did not even respond well .
2016-4-14
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 15:10
I only did compass calibration.

I have brought this drone from Canada, to Hong Kong , on the pla ...

After every firmware update, you have to do an IMU calibration. Also, during repair, you don't know how it was handled, best bet is to do an IMU calibration anyway
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

connorschulte Posted at 2016-4-14 13:52
Here's how to recover the logs.

iOS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn3Vhx6WstI

File is non existent on computer. But the APP still has it
2016-4-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 15:18

Upload your log file to http://healthydrones.com it will at least help other including DJI what was the cause of this.
2016-4-14
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

for the home point jumping im at a loss, but for the flying away.   you can clearly see your imputs slowing down the drone as it flew away,   and at one point you went with it and speed increased.      with drone flying away it appears to have wind in effect.

strange thing tho  i checked weather in Toronto and over the past 24 hours generally calm.  nothing to account for the drone blowing away.  but the drone acted as if it was getting blown away.   

as micro said, the logs will be helpful
2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TJ10 Posted at 2016-4-15 02:50
And I'm guessing since you had max range at 200m, when the new homepoint was recorded, it realized ...

The Phantom isn't flying RTH, if it was it would be flying a direct line.
There is no indication on the app and it is wandering.
2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-15 05:18

Obviously there is a flight record somewhere in the phone/tablet or you wouldn't be able to replay the flight.
If you are using an Android phone or tablet, the flight records are in Internal Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all txt files and the file name includes the date.
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 16:47
for the home point jumping im at a loss, but for the flying away.   you can clearly see your imputs  ...

I know the standard can fly in strong winds. I have flown in 30mph winds and it does not drift in p gps
2016-4-14
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-14 18:43
I know the standard can fly in strong winds. I have flown in 30mph winds and it does not drift in  ...

It doesn't look like wind is a factor because with your inputs only changed speed +4 or -4 pending on direction of input.   

Did you recover the drone?
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Here is my logs! I could not find the actual flight log, but healthy drones was able to extract for me

2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 18:30
Obviously there is a flight record somewhere in the phone/tablet or you wouldn't be able to replay ...

But it is on the APP.

Here is my situation
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-14 16:01
Upload your log file to http://healthydrones.com it will at least help other including DJI what wa ...

But it is on the APP.

2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 16:47
for the home point jumping im at a loss, but for the flying away.   you can clearly see your imputs  ...

But it is on the APP.

2016-4-14
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-15 12:53
Here is my logs! I could not find the actual flight log, but healthy drones was able to extract for  ...

Unfortunately HealthyDrones never displays much detail.
phantomhelp.com would show what was happening every second.
Your flight data is there if you can repaly it and HD can find it.
The change of home point at 7:53 is strange.
One mystery is: how/why was home point changed?
The home distance shown in HealthyDrones is confusing.
It does not change to reflect the new home point and all distances shown appear to still be related to the original home point.
At the times that HD shows it was in RTH, I can't see much evidence that any RTH was happening.
Again it would be a lot more helpful to see the phantomhelp.com data

What can be seen suggests it's something that should be referred to DJI for an explanation.
2016-4-14
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-14 23:25
Unfortunately HealthyDrones never displays much detail.
phantomhelp.com would show what was happen ...

that's the thing... I have connected my phone to computer,  and i opened DJI/Flightrecord.. but there is none from today April 14th. NONE!
I check my SD CARD also, SD/DJI/flightrecord....
it only has my flight from April 12. But APRIL 14, today's logs are non existent.
I have checked File properties to show all files including hidden files, but still no files for APRIL 14th.

So I can't upload anything onto phantomhelp.com ... the log video I have on youtube, and what Healthy drones can get, is the best I can do for now. Unless if you have some other suggestion for me.  I don't know why APRIL 14TH log is not anywhere!
2016-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-15 14:52
that's the thing... I have connected my phone to computer,  and i opened DJI/Flightrecord.. but th ...

I have never had to do this, but to get the real flight record I believe you have to plug a USB cable into the aircraft itself, the one on the body of the aircraft, not the one on the gimbal unit.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your loss. I'd suggest you to sync your flight record and contact our NA office as below:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules