Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Notification for more new accessories of the Osmo
8074 38 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

What's new?

Hello! welcome to our official online store for more new accessories!what's new? Kindly please have a look at below information for more. Enjoy!

1) Osmo - External Battery Extender

The Osmo external battery extender is designed to prolong the operating time of the Osmo by connecting to external power sources such as a dedicated DJI charger or Intelligent Battery. It is ideal for using the Osmo in extended period operations such as timelapse.
medium_p.jpg
2) Osmo - Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable
The DJI Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable is used to connect a DJI device with a DC port and one of the following DJI Intelligent Batteries as a power supply for the device.
medium_OSMO_PART_50_Battery_2_PIN__to_DC_Power_Cable____2_.JPG
3) Osmo - Battery (10 PIN-A) to DC Power Cable
The DJI Battery (10 PIN-A) to DC Power Cable is used to connect a DJI device with a DC port and the Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery (model PH4-5350mAh-15.2V) as a power supply for the DJI device.
medium_OSMO_PART_51_Battery_10_PIN-A__to_DC_Power_Cable__3_.JPG
4) Phantom 3 4K + Osmo  Order Now, You Save USD $169.00

medium_p1-combo.jpg

PS: We would like to receive more feedback always and hope the Osmo will bring you more joy continually!

2016-4-15
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

I have a question ... That Osmo external battery extender! Can that be hooked up say to a External Battery Pack like a USB Battery Pack? I already have a 20K milli-amp battery supports USB and High output charging. Could I hook this battery up to it some how?
2016-4-15
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118806 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi could you please make a small description of each new item?
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

PhotoProEvent Posted at 2016-4-15 19:23
Hi could you please make a small description of each new item?

Thanks for your reminder!
For more information, please refer to our online store website!
You may also wanna learn more about sales issues by contacting sales@dji.com or onlinesales@dji.com.
2016-4-15
Use props
goodwinjohn1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was expecting the Osmo base to have a underslung battery to give more power over a longer period. It could easily be made the same shape and be attached via tripod thread and of course having another tripod thread on the underside. I don't like the ideal of having to hang a battery via cable as on the new adaption. Although this latest adaption is a step forward it is a bit of a restriction to keeping the Osmo independent and of free mobility. The batteries could be made in varying powers and they will add weight and balance to the Osmo. Hoping my reply helps and will look forward to your reply.
Regards
John Goodwin
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

goodwinjohn1 Posted at 2016-4-15 23:02
I was expecting the Osmo base to have a underslung battery to give more power over a longer period.  ...

I think carrying the extra weight of a battery in your hand holding your arm out extended like you hold the Osmo would get tiring after a few minutes.
That's possibly why they made a extension cable.
Your used to holding a Osmo with an X3, now the X5 will be heavier and to all a Phantom or Inspire battery to that and it's a lot of weight in one arm holding it up steady.
2016-4-15
Use props
goodwinjohn1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 16:15
I think carrying the extra weight of a battery in your hand holding your arm out extended like you  ...

Still wouldn't be as heavy as my DSLR. But would be more helpful in battery life. A little bit of extra weight would keep the Osmo more steady. Mobility is in my opinion more than important to the user.

Regards
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

goodwinjohn1 Posted at 2016-4-16 00:58
Still wouldn't be as heavy as my DSLR. But would be more helpful in battery life. A little bit of  ...

Understandable.
2016-4-15
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.4
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

Would be nice if there was an extension cable available for the battery extender (so I could throw an inspire battery in my backpack, or back pocket, and use it on the move.
2016-4-15
Use props
szeverinski
New

Austria

I also want to use my USB powerbank. What is the range of the input voltage for the battery extender? I think i have to build a small step up converter. How much output power is needed? This extender only make sense if the cable is long enough to take a external batterie in my bag or pocket....(this is my opinion). I'm really looking forward to use my USB powerbank with the batterie extender....
2016-4-15
Use props
nomad65
lvl.4

United Kingdom

szeverinski@hot Posted at 2016-4-15 20:05
I also want to use my USB powerbank. What is the range of the input voltage for the battery extender ...

Have ordered the battery extender in the hope that DJI will come up with an external battery solution to all of us that don't use the Smaller phantoms and inspire's and have invested heavily into Professional platforms.

Could DJI suggest a suitable LIPO battery and we can use that would solve this .

Thank you
2016-4-16
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-16 17:46
Have ordered the battery extender in the hope that DJI will come up with an external battery solut ...

My local dji distributor is making me a Dtap to osmo cable to allow for a vlok battery to be used as its in the 14v range
2016-4-16
Use props
nomad65
lvl.4

United Kingdom

adambussey Posted at 2016-4-17 01:39
My local dji distributor is making me a Dtap to osmo cable to allow for a vlok battery to be used  ...

Hi

excellent , how much and where could i get one ? based in Manchester area .

Thank you
2016-4-17
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-17 11:37
Hi

excellent , how much and where could i get one ? based in Manchester area .

Well you can actually get the parts for the cadle from maplins as the osmo external battery adapter uses a DC power connector all you'll need is wire and a Dtap plug
2016-4-17
Use props
nomad65
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Cheers for that .

Clever of DJI to use us lot as it's extended Research and development team  .

Thanks again
2016-4-17
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-17 11:57
Cheers for that .

Clever of DJI to use us lot as it's extended Research and development team  .

Your welcome, if you go down the route of a vlok belt pack check the output amps just to be on the safe side as i haven't done this yet
2016-4-17
Use props
p.groom1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

What voltage / ampage etc etc does this Battery extender require on the DC socket?
Only picture ive seen goes to a white block of a unit, but certainally nothing ive ever see in pro tv circles (which is where the OSMO is finding a real home! - nothing to do with drones at all)
Peter
2016-4-17
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 16:15
I think carrying the extra weight of a battery in your hand holding your arm out extended like you  ...

You just need a cable with the external battery in your pocket. A USB power supply would be perfect. It look like the Phantom 4 battery can be used, but not all of us own P4's.
2016-4-17
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ChristianLewisP Posted at 2016-4-17 19:18
You just need a cable with the external battery in your pocket. A USB power supply would be perfec ...

A USB battery bank will not supply enough power but anything around 14v DC will power it
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, guys
The Osmo-External Battery Extender is designed to prolong the duration of the Osmo battery. It's only compatible with some DJI specific batteries and chargers. No any 3rd party accessory would be recommended and we will not be responsible for any damage caused by the Non-DJI products.
Here are the compatible external DJI chargers and batteries list for your reference:
Supported DJI Chargers:
PH4C100(Phantom 4 - 100W Charger)
ADE019(Phantom 3 - 100W Charger)
A14-057N1A(Phantom 3 - 57W Charger)
ADE018(Inspire 1 - 180W Charger)
A14-100P1A(Inspire 1 - 100W Charger)
Supported DJI Car-Chargers:
C4S90-4(Phantom 4 Car-Charger)
C4S90(Phantom 3 Car-Charger)
C6S90(Inspire 1 Car-Charger)
Supported DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries:
PH4-5350mAh-15.2V(Phantom 4  Intelligent Flight Battery*)
PH3-4480mAh-15.2V(Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery**)
TB47/TB48(Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Battery**)
844297-4350mAh-15.2V(Ronin  Intelligent Battery**)
824380-3400mAh-14.8V(Ronin  Intelligent Battery**)
423496-1580mAh-14.4V(Ronin-M  Intelligent Battery**)
* Need to use additional 10PIN-A cable
** Need to use additional 2PIN cable
For more further information, please pay closed attention to our official webiste (the guideline will be published later)
2016-4-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The next thing someone should come up with is a belt holder for the external battery when using the osmo external battery extender.
2016-4-18
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.4

Venezuela

So,  with the battery extension would I be able to connect the Osmo to a regular home electricity connection?
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FabricioE Posted at 2016-4-18 20:38
So,  with the battery extension would I be able to connect the Osmo to a regular home electricity co ...

I think so, but only above supported DJI chargers are recommended for the connection.
2016-4-18
Use props
CorruptID
lvl.1
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-4-18 07:34
The next thing someone should come up with is a belt holder for the external battery when using the  ...

I like this idea, but I am wondering if the external battery will get hot on your hip? I would like to see a dedicated Osmo battery pack.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

CorruptID Posted at 2016-4-21 14:17
I like this idea, but I am wondering if the external battery will get hot on your hip? I would like ...

Thanks for this advice!
We would take it into consideration.
2016-4-21
Use props
stuartdye_photo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, first of all the Dji Osmo is an amazing camera...if Dji are thinking of any improvements in software then can i suggest a HIGHER video Bit rate option
in HD, 2.7k, and 4k. maybe a MAX bit rate of 100 Megabits = 12.5 MegaByte per sec. or a INTRA FRAME mode or i-frame for the video codec.
This will improve the structure of video detail when filming fields of grass or forest environment or Fast moving backgrounds ect. And the higher bit rates are still
compatible with H264.mov and MP4.  
Many thanks, stuart.
2016-4-21
Use props
p.groom1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-4-15 19:05
Would be nice if there was an extension cable available for the battery extender (so I could throw a ...

Surely thats the easiest little solder job you could imagine?
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

stuartdye_photo Posted at 2016-4-22 09:17
Hi, first of all the Dji Osmo is an amazing camera...if Dji are thinking of any improvements in soft ...

Thanks, Stuart!
Your suggestion would be recorded for our engineer's review.
Please pay more attention to our website for any further news.
2016-4-23
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

Orders are all delayed. The title of this thread should be changed to 'Osmo accessories announced but early adopters should be prepared to wait '
2016-4-24
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just got the email too... thing I'm struggling with is my order for the new accessories such as external battery pack have just shipped...
2016-4-26
Use props
juansantiuste
lvl.1

Spain

I asume that number 2 - Osmo - Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable - is the same cable we got on the Inspire pack to feed the RC with the Aircraft batteries
2016-4-26
Use props
dopeytree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

juansantiuste Posted at 2016-4-26 16:33
I asume that number 2 - Osmo - Battery (2 PIN) to DC Power Cable - is the same cable we got on the I ...

Good point I think it must be... On a similar note I've been trying to figure out you will hook up the mains lead to these batteries & I think it will work via the controller charging lead (round)
2016-4-26
Use props
hefi.ka
New

Will the now ordered DJI Osmos be shiped with the new and extended battery? I've read that they will have an extended betterylife?
2016-4-27
Use props
nomad65
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Extended battery life to 90 minutes once you have upgraded to the latest firmware release .

Running some bench tests today , so will post on here to let you know !
2016-4-27
Use props
doudas
lvl.1
Germany

You are not talking about the same thing.
With the latest Firmware they indeed Extend the battery lifetime of the original 980mAh battery.
But in the Notification for the new accessories the mention that they will also relies a "bigger" Batterie. (I guess about 1420mAh)

See at the bottom: http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news ... h-with-the-osmo-raw
"DJI is also introducing two new power-management solutions for power users of the Osmo, including a higher-capacity battery that offers up to 96 minutes of shooting time at 4K resolution, an increase from up to 66 minutes using the standard Osmo battery."

So: No, I don't thing they will send you the bigger one for the same Price as the smaller one.
2016-4-27
Use props
UKPhantom 3
New

United Kingdom

doudas Posted at 2016-4-27 11:58
You are not talking about the same thing.
With the latest Firmware they indeed Extend the battery li ...

I've got both the DJI Osmo and the Phantom 3, and want to use the battery extension to power the Oslo from the Phantom 3 battery. I've already got the battery extension, but note that the battery extension is shown as an input voltage of about 12.5V whereas the Phantom battery has an output voltage of 15.2V. I am just about to order the connector for the Phantom 3 battery (they didn't have it when I ordered the extension dummy battery) but just want to confirm this would be acceptable. I plan to use the Oslo gimbal in a glider (full size, real thing) which has a 12V power supply. Could I use the power supply directly from the glider, the extension battery seems to indicate that I could do. Many thanks.
2016-11-12
Use props
Skint
lvl.1
New Zealand

That's odd, on my battery extension it shows 12-26.1 volts input. From the looks of it it's simply a 11.1v regulator so you can use it with a variety of DC voltages. You could use a DJI car charger to run off the 12v of the glider and connect that to the battery extension.
2016-11-12
Use props
UAV.HOVERCAM
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-18 14:03
Hi, guys
The Osmo-External Battery Extender is designed to prolong the duration of the Osmo battery. ...

Hi DJI - I have an OSMO and bought it with a battery extender.  I got the OSMO out of the box, transferred it to my OSMO Pro case with my X5.  I updated the firmware to the latest and took the OSMO to the Theatre to record me in my lead acting performance to show my elderly mother.
I set it up on OSMO base with mains-powered Battery Extender from 100W Inspire charger 1/2 hr early, got a mic feed from the stage, checked focus, hit record and went and got into costume.
When I came to view the 1080p video of my show, I got the 1/2 hour before the show where the full audience comes in to sit down.  Then the OSMOpro had turned off.  I was sad.  I read the latest firmware notes.  The OSMO had stopped recording after 26.5 minutes "to improve video quality."  I must say that this new option that would have been absent had I not updated firmware, did NOT improve my 80 minute video by truncating it to 26.5 minutes.  I would like to be able to switch off this option when I record at lower resolution than 4k.  (I guess 4k makes X5 get hot due to bitrate.)  PLEASE!?!?  Otherwise battery extender is useless as the battery lasts almost that long anyway.
2016-11-17
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

UAV.HOVERCAM Posted at 2016-11-17 13:52
Hi DJI - I have an OSMO and bought it with a battery extender.  I got the OSMO out of the box, tra ...

It's probably due to import duty classification. If it was capable of recording continuously for more than 30 minutes it would be classified as a video camera and be subject to  -- at least in the EU -- an import tariff of 4.9%. (Not sure what the Australian situation is.)

I don't see dji changing anything.

BTW. Are you aware that -- depending on recording resolution (1080p, 4k) -- that you will lose about 2 seconds of video/audio recording every few minutes (9 mins approx. at 4k) as the Osmo closes one file and opens up another?
2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules