Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Tilt and Roll Error
21780 30 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calderj75
New
Canada

I am getting gimbal tilt and roll error. The camera will not do anything now, is there a simple fix or something i can do or do i have to send it back for repair.  Thanks
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
What's the product model?
What kind of error do you have?
please give us more information so that we can try to help.

If you wanna send it in for repair, please contact your dealer first for help, or you can contact support.us@dji.com for the RMA.
2016-4-15
Use props
calderj75
New
Canada

Sorry I know better then not give enough info. It is a Phantom 3 Pro I am getting 2 errors, Gimbal tilt error and Gimbal roll error. The cause of this i think is that i turned it upside down when it was powered up, when i put it back right side up it gave me the errors.  My question is there a way to reset the errors without sending it back for repairs, also if i changed gimbals would the error go away.  Thanks for any help.
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

calderj75 Posted at 2016-4-16 20:31
Sorry I know better then not give enough info. It is a Phantom 3 Pro I am getting 2 errors, Gimbal t ...

Have you tried a gimbal calibration?
And can you post a quick video clip of showing the app and aircraft then powering up the aircraft so I can see what the gimbal does and what the app shows as well.
2016-4-16
Use props
calderj75
New
Canada

Ok will get a video.  The Gimbal stays limp and doesn't move on start up at all. The camera works fine because i can see the video.  I have tried all calibrations but still get the error messages Gimbal Tilt Error and Gimbal Roll Error.   If i reload the firmware will the reset the error msgs?
2016-4-17
Use props
Profe Phantom
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Hi..do you fix the problem yet.?...I have the same problem right now with my P3P
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Profe Phantom Posted at 2016-6-1 13:28
Hi..do you fix the problem yet.?...I have the same problem right now with my P3P

Did you also move the gimbal while it was initializing, or is the unit stationary? What error messages are you currently receiving? Is this an out of box issue, or did this incur after a firmware update or hard landing?
2016-6-2
Use props
realitymotionpi
New
Nigeria

Hi,

Please my Phantom Started showing me Gimbal Tilt and Roll Error on the App, When powered on the Gimbal will be still and no sound. I have done firmware update and still the gimbal is not moving at all...Yesterday, I shake and touched the gimbal and powered on, It worked and stopped again....Please do i need to change the Gimbal entirely or change the The Flex Cable....

Regards

2016-6-16
Use props
pmein
New

United States

I have the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution?
2016-7-28
Use props
pmein
New

United States

Was there a solution found for you?
2016-7-28
Use props
maxromani
lvl.1
Italy

Hi DJI Support team, Hi All,
I have same problem with my GIMBAL Zenmuse H3-2D.
Strange behavior regarding pitch movements.

The Gimbal is installed on a F450 flame wheel equipped with Naza V2 M as FC. The camera mounted is a Hero3+ black edition.

I have no idea why the gimbal is quite unstable; better...during the take off the gimbal is not leveled due to uncontrolled vibration. So, you can image how the videos can be recorded.

- First of all how how I can calibrate the tilt limits? (when I move the VR on my radio the tilt limit are not correct. Trim on my Radio are to zero)

- Secondly, could be related for a firmware problem? I don't know if the gimbal firmware has been updated recently...(I taken it from my friend), however can I test the previous firmware release?

- Third point, can I test a differente GCU module for example the GCU of the gimbal H3-3D? it is compatible?  

Thanks in advance for your help.
Max Romani
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

maxromani@gmail Posted at 2016-8-30 07:11
Hi DJI Support team, Hi All,
I have same problem with my GIMBAL Zenmuse H3-2D.
Strange behavior re ...

To clarify, are you using the latest Naza V2 Assistant? Are all other components up to date with the latest firmware? Are you able to perform a X1 calibration in the Basic > RC section?

Given the age of the H3-2D, it may be a wear issue on the GCU. You can, however, check to see if the gimbal is up to date via the Gimbal Assistant:

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-2d/download

You can only use a H3-2D GCU, a H3-3D GCU is not compatible.
2016-8-30
Use props
Kristijan
New

North Macedonia

Hi, I have the same problem on my Phnatom 3 Standard (Gimbal roll error and Gimbal tilt error)  Gimbal is not moving, camera is working but record button is blocked. I tried with gimbal calibration but still not working. Any solution? Please Help!
2017-1-28
Use props
Malcom5
New

United States

I have the same issues on Phantom 4. Camera works fine, but gimbal shakes and won't stay level.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kristijan Posted at 2017-1-28 07:42
Hi, I have the same problem on my Phnatom 3 Standard (Gimbal roll error and Gimbal tilt error)  Gimbal is not moving, camera is working but record button is blocked. I tried with gimbal calibration but still not working. Any solution? Please Help!

Have you already tried performing an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order? Was this after a firmware update or a hard landing?
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Malcom5 Posted at 2017-1-28 14:07
I have the same issues on Phantom 4. Camera works fine, but gimbal shakes and won't stay level.

Can you please respond to post #15 as well?
2017-1-29
Use props
Kristijan
New

North Macedonia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-29 23:20
Have you already tried performing an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order? Was this after a firmware update or a hard landing?

Yes i have tried IMU and gimbal calibration, it wasn't after a firmware update or a hard landing. Phantom was working great, after shooting when I arrived home, and when I turned on, gimbal was not working and camera record was blocked, but still have camera preview!
2017-1-31
Use props
fanscbca2638
New
Flight distance : 563143 ft
India

Camera rotted automaitically 45 degree durring fly
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kristijan Posted at 2017-1-31 16:35
Yes i have tried IMU and gimbal calibration, it wasn't after a firmware update or a hard landing. Phantom was working great, after shooting when I arrived home, and when I turned on, gimbal was not working and camera record was blocked, but still have camera preview!

Relinking the RC to the craft did not reconnect the gimbal tilt, or is the tilt option only affected in the Go app? What mobile device are you using? Have you already tried reinstalling the Go app?
2017-1-31
Use props
wm2
lvl.1

Italy

I am having the same issue on my Phantom 3 4k (Model W325). so far i had absolutely never a problem with it, but since yesterday the gimbal doenst start anymore. This means i start the copter, but the gimbal doesnt initiate the "dance" anymore. Furthermore i also cant move the gimbal with the controller anymore. Flying itself works without any problem.

I didnt have any crash and didnt make any firmware update. Today i performed an imu calibration without any change. While doing the gimbal auto calibration the gimbal doesnt move either.

same as in this video

How this issue can be solved?
2017-7-16
Use props
wm2
lvl.1

Italy

I heard the problem may be caused due the flex cable and to change it would fix the problem. Does anybody has experience with that?
2017-7-21
Use props
fans398baeb1
New
Flight distance : 131 ft
Russia

i've replaced the flexible flat ribbon cable to the new one with no success, nothing changed. Phantom 4 pro. Continue finding solution...
2017-8-12
Use props
fanscbca2638
New
Flight distance : 563143 ft
India

The problem is solved
The drone has two cable out put connect camera
One smaller and one is bigger. The bigger one cable loose. Cheque it. This will help..
2018-1-29
Use props
Balazs
New

Hungary

fanscbca2638 Posted at 2018-1-29 19:38
The problem is solved
One smaller and one is bigger. The bigger one cable loose. Cheque it. This will help..

After ribbon cable change i have the same issue. Please be more accurate in the description. What kind of cables are you talking about and where are they located?
Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
COD161
New
Flight distance : 20814 ft

United States

I’m getting a gimbal roll error as well. Get a green link LED and a steady “beep beep beep pause” pattern. No update, no hard landings. Video feed is still there and the drone flies perfectly fine. Calibrated IMU then gimbal calibration and no change. I have looked at the cable connections and don’t see any obvious damage and they seem tight and correct. Has anyone found a probable cause and a solution yet?
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

COD161 Posted at 2-25 14:04
I’m getting a gimbal roll error as well. Get a green link LED and a steady “beep beep beep pause” pattern. No update, no hard landings. Video feed is still there and the drone flies perfectly fine. Calibrated IMU then gimbal calibration and no change. I have looked at the cable connections and don’t see any obvious damage and they seem tight and correct. Has anyone found a probable cause and a solution yet?

Hi COD161, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, may we verify the model of your drone? Will the gimbal self-check normally after powering on? Did you try to adjust the Roll axis in the APP?
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_TQnQQ7R41wZk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11280 ft
France

fanscbca2638 Posted at 2018-1-29 19:38
The problem is solved
One smaller and one is bigger. The bigger one cable loose. Cheque it. This will help..

on ne comprend pas ce que vous dites. Quel type de phantom avez vous?, de quels cables, pa
2019-8-12
Use props
djiuser_TQnQQ7R41wZk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11280 ft
France

on ne comprend pas ce que vous dites. De quel phantom3 parlez vous? de quels cables s'agit il? où sont ils.  Votre réponse ne sert à rien et à personne.
2019-8-12
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

wm2 Posted at 2017-7-21 13:07
I heard the problem may be caused due the flex cable and to change it would fix the problem. Does anybody has experience with that?

Hola. El problema es muy probable que se resuelva con un cambio de flex. Fíjese que el número que tiene impreso en color blanco en el flex sea el mismo. Hay muchos flex distintos para un mismo drone, y no todos funcionan en todos los drones.
Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
Saludos cordiales.
2020-1-15
Use props
Dom121394
New

United States

COD161 Posted at 2019-2-25 14:04

This is the exact issue I am currently having with my Phantom 3 Standard. Did you ever find a solution??
2022-3-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dom121394 Posted at 3-15 19:15
This is the exact issue I am currently having with my Phantom 3 Standard. Did you ever find a solution??

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Would you please tell us what specific problems you encountered?
2022-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules