Time Lapse slight wobble
1390 11 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john1
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,
I tried a long time lapse the other day with the Osmo on a tripod. There was no wind, to move the tripod or Osmo. When the subsequent movie was played back, there is a perceptible, albeit a very small stability blip on the video. I do not mean the horizon drifts out of the horizontal. However, it is most visible on the horizon where there is a marked contrast between the darker land and the sky. It's enough to make the clip unusable. It's as if the gimbal is drifting so slowly you can't even notice it, then periodically the motors click in to bring it back in line; and this correctional blip is what is being seen.

One of the main reasons I bought the Osmo was for the time lapse function; so I could set it up outside a property, forget about it and carry on doing other videoing inside with my DSLR.

Anyone else experienced this problem?.

Dji, any ideas?  I am on the latest firmware.

Thanks
John
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Could you please upload the original files for our analysis?
2016-4-16
Use props
john1
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 10:39
Hi,
Could you please upload the original files for our analysis?

Adela, how do I do that? I'm new to the Dji equipment.
2016-4-16
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
Puerto Rico

Replying to keep up with this post. It's on big reason I ordered mine. (I got theb"shipped" notification the day I arrived at my vacation destination   ).
2016-4-16
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
Puerto Rico

How long was yor time lapse attempt John?
2016-4-16
Use props
john1
New

United Kingdom

lancegriggs Posted at 2016-4-16 13:16
How long was yor time lapse attempt John?

Lance, we almost used up a battery, so I guess close to an hour. If I knew how to upload videos onto here, I could show you the problem. I'm still waiting for the DJI rep to reply to my previous post asking how to "upload" videos and to where. I've looked at the video again and it's worse than I first thought. In my first post I said it was blip every now and then. It's more like a continuous slow wobble. Either way, it's unacceptable and what's worse - unusable. Dji clearly rush their gear out without doing full QA testing on them.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

john1 Posted at 2016-4-18 00:07
Lance, we almost used up a battery, so I guess close to an hour. If I knew how to upload videos on ...

Hi, John
Sorry for any late reply!
You can connect your Osmo to your PC by the micro-USB port on the X3 camera, or connect the SD card with a SD card reader to your PC, then you can copy the original files in the SD card to your PC.
After that, please upload your videos to Dropbox and share the Dropbox link, we would download your videos and have a look.
2016-4-17
Use props
davidcwong888
lvl.2

Canada

This is what mine looks like...

Is yours anywhere close to mine?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52035-1-1.html

===
2016-5-9
Use props
jeffmoltenberry
lvl.2

United States

I experience the same "wobble" / "drifting" when using the photo's the Osmo generates during timelapse. This was an indoor timelapse as well. I've built timelapses in both DJI Media Marker and LRTimelapse.

If you look at the video the Osmo generates on the microSD card you'll notice there is little or no movement of the camera throughout the timelapse. This is because it digitally stabilizes it (when over 2 sec interval)

I've suggested multiple times that we need the ability to "lock" the gimbal during a timelapse. The normal lock (DJI GO app) disables itself once you start timelapse.
2016-5-9
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I also have this problem, horizon drifts and then correct itself
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, all
It's an reported issue, our engineers would try their best to improve it in the future.

To get a timelapes of better quality, you may lock the motors of the gimbal.
Since the Osmo is a 3-Axis stabilization camera, it performs better in movement.

Thanks for your understanding!
2016-5-9
Use props
VEKTHURR
New

United States

Here's my timelapse at Chichen Itza in Mexico and you can totallyseee the image rocking back and forth.
Unusable image for me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk49d9 ... %20%281%29.mov?dl=0

2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules