Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has anyone tried this backpack?
1683 11 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial-Pixel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>

Before I order has anyone received the DJI Multifunction Backpack yet? What are your thoughts? I love the look of it but I'm wondering how much protection it actually offers.
2016-4-17
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

Says middle of May delivery.
2016-4-17
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3862808 ft
United States

If you don't need space for a laptop, the hardshell backpack has worked well for me on a trip to Puerto Rico and for local travel. I also spotted it on amazon yesterday for $100 as opposed to the MSRP $149 I paid to DJI. Word to the wise: pack all your props in checked luggage lest some TSA agent confiscate them as a "sharp object".
2016-4-28
Use props
wheezy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86755 ft
United States

I intend to buy one, but want to wait to hear real feedback first. I like that it can hold a laptop... or, iPad with room to spare. Looks perfect for my needs. Price is a bit high for what you're getting though.
2016-4-29
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope not received it yet though I do have it on pre order, as stated above the date has now chamged from the end of April to May
2016-4-29
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

im waiting to get these one, because i love the old P3 hardshell the actual foam box from the p4 is a pain when you need to walk a bit with it
2016-4-29
Use props
bengalboy69
First Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a 5:11 Rush 72 to carry my P4.  It's a very nice military quality backpack that's pretty much waterproof and has room for my P4 and extra camera gear.  After using a dedicated "drone backpack" for a couple years, I realized you can pack your drone is a higher quality backpack that can do much more for you than just carry a drone.  Drone-World is selling this in a customized backpack for the P4.  Other quality backpacks that will work are made by Manfrotto and give you more flexibility than just being a drone backpack.  I have always put mine in its backpack and then that inside of a hardshell checked luggage and have had no issues.
2016-4-29
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.3

United States

Exib Posted at 2016-4-29 09:40
Nope not received it yet though I do have it on pre order, as stated above the date has now chamged  ...

I've also purchased this backpack and just yesterday I  received an email from DJI saying that my order has been delayed to early May.
2016-4-30
Use props
nickkje
New

Netherlands

I just received the Manfrotto D1 in the mail. It's pretty bulky, but you have enough room for a laptop/ ipad/ spare battery's and even a DSLR. The only thing that bothers me are the battery pouches, they're to thight. It seems like they're designed for smaller battery's then the P4's. I just stuffed the rain cover in one of them.
Also I cut off the waist strap, as i'd never use it and it would only be in the way, even makes the backpack look smaller.

D1-without-WaistStrap

D1-without-WaistStrap
2016-4-30
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
Second Officer

United States

I ordered mine on March 30th. It has now been a full 30 days since ordered. It probably won't ship out for another 2 weeks at least (and that's from DJI). I have no idea how long it will take 3rd party vendors to get the backpack (bought from B&H)
2016-4-30
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.3

Netherlands

nickkje Posted at 2016-4-30 13:39
I just received the Manfrotto D1 in the mail. It's pretty bulky, but you have enough room for a lapt ...

We did a review of this backpack recently and indeed, the battery pockets are not made for P4 batteries. But then, the backpack isn't made for the P4 either. It's a universal Phantom backpack that has been around for a while. Luckily there is more than enough space for the batteries elsewhere in the backpack.
2016-4-30
Use props
matthewrayhaine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 989160 ft

199 is a lot. But I havnt seen anything that looks this sleek.
2016-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules