My P3P Just Fall without reason
6843 24 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

Dear DJI Support,

Two days ago I flew my P3P around hill and valley in Bogor - Indonesia.
Everything is good. Safe fly green with around 14 GPS sattelite, battery 100% and far from any interference things.
Flying with P-GPS with height 10meter above to have a safe clear area to fly.
The disaster happened after 8 minutes of flying. Battery still good at 64% and the signal was full.
My P3P suddenly fell off in front of me without any reason. Just like all the propeller shutdown or something malfunction.
It fell down to the valley below, about 51m down and hit the ground.
When it fell down, I have looked at Tablet RC and it show No signal.
When I played the flight record it shown I did not commit any combination stick to shutdown the props. It shown only forward 78% with 10 m/s speed.
I have uploaded my flight record to cloud. Please help me how to claim since I did not making any mistakes.
I have just upgraded P3P into the latest firmware and do the IMU and gimbal calibration before that flight.
I also used Carbon Propeller to gain for safety (hoping it will give more stabilizer flying).

Now my P3P looks quite mess. Broken into two part, camera and boy. Some stracth in body and some mud in two motor.
Three props broken, one survive. Battery I think still working and the memory card still good.

Please help how to claim this malfunction.

Regards,
Akbar.

2016-4-18
Use props
don.kulinowski
New
Flight distance : 45686 ft
United States

I had this EXACT same problem from 393ft altitude after upgrading to the 4/7/2016 firmware. Mine shattered into many pieces and it totaled. Awaiting to hear from DJI. Fortunately no property or persons were hurt!! There is no excuse for these to fall form the sky. They are supposed to "return home". I suspect a flaw in the latest firmware is causing something to shutdown in-flight. Talk about a huge liability!!
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm sorry for your experience!  To find out the reason you will have to send your MC flight data to our DJI support center and get it analysed. Thank you!
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

don.kulinowski Posted at 2016-4-19 00:44
I had this EXACT same problem from 393ft altitude after upgrading to the 4/7/2016 firmware. Mine sha ...

Sad to hear it, Don... Please get in touch with our LA office and provide them your flight data. Thank you!
2016-4-18
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-19 10:20
I'm sorry for your experience!  To find out the reason you will have to send your MC flight data to  ...

Thank you for your reply Tim!

Its really awful day for me, but I don't give up flying Phantom. Its a wonderful becoming Phantom pilot!
I have sent all the parts and also the RC to my vendor and they said it could be a three month! #wow!

I am preparing to buy Phantom 4 next week since there are a lots of projects that cant wait.

Hope everything is going good.

Thanks again for your support.

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/ https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccfl4tvdm1plnc0/DJI_0467.JPG?dl=0[/img]

Great view @Mountain Salak - Bogor , Indonesia
It took 2 days to found out and rescue the drone.

2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

akbar.alamsyah Posted at 2016-4-20 21:35
Thank you for your reply Tim!

Its really awful day for me, but I don't give up flying Phantom. It ...

Akbar! Could you please tell me who is your vendor. We will check if it really going to take that long
Thank you!
2016-4-20
Use props
renato_calgaro
New

Brazil

It happened exactly the same thing with my P3Adv three days ago.

Renato Bena.
2016-4-22
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-21 10:49
Akbar! Could you please tell me who is your vendor. We will check if it really going to take that  ...

Hi Tim! I have asked my vendor PT. Nusa Jaya Komputindo . They said they took from other distributor which is DJI partner in Indonesia. The name of partner is PT. WOOK Mobile Commerce. Address: Puri Delta Mas Blok A 10, Jalan Bandengan Selatan No.43. Phone: +62 21-66679406.
I have checked in DJI Website that PT.WOOK is official partner DJI in Indonesia.
They said my broken P3P also sent to PT.WOOK Mobile Commerce. Please help take a look Tim.

What should I do with the other P3P three extra batteries? How to keep it in good performance since my P3P still in investigation until unknown?

Next week hopefully my P4 order will come. Whats the most stable firmware Tim?

Thanks for your support Tim!
2016-4-22
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

don.kulinowski Posted at 2016-4-18 23:44
I had this EXACT same problem from 393ft altitude after upgrading to the 4/7/2016 firmware. Mine sha ...

Sory to hear that. Hope your claim going good. Most important is we know whats going on with our P3P. If it is a firmware problem, hope DJI will fix it soon before others have the same thing. Luckily for both of us there is no persons or property were hurt.
2016-4-24
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

renato_calgaro Posted at 2016-4-22 20:52
It happened exactly the same thing with my P3Adv three days ago.

Sorry to hear that. Mine flipped and look like the props did not work. Hope your claim going good.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

akbar.alamsyah Posted at 2016-4-25 12:50
Sorry to hear that. Mine flipped and look like the props did not work. Hope your claim going good.

Hi Akbar! We are following up your case!  Just wanted to let you know so you don't have to worry
2016-4-24
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-25 14:35
Hi Akbar! We are following up your case!  Just wanted to let you know so you don't have to worry

Thanks for your confirmation Tim!
2016-4-25
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

If it's ok with privacy and so on, can you guys post the results here? It is really concerning to me that these things do have quite a few "falls" - and as much as admitting a pilot error is somewhat embarrassing, fer the rest of us it would be VERY VALUABLE to know exactly what happened, so we can either guard from making the mistake ourselves, or if it is a DJI issue, knowing it would be good too!
Do any of the people with crashes use any other app than DJI GO, does it seem that that is ever an issue?
Would be cool if DJI could do something like FAA, where they actually publish reports of crashes, perhaps changing the names to protect the innocent.. I can see that being a HUGE resource for the rest of us!
Thx!
2016-4-26
Use props
lucatosolini
New

Italy

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-19 05:20
I'm sorry for your experience!  To find out the reason you will have to send your MC flight data to  ...

i had the same problem I can i get the flight data?
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

lucatosolini@it Posted at 2016-5-6 15:44

lucatosolini, did you fix the drone already?  When did you accident happened?
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Yes, you can get the flight data from your aircraft then upload the DAT file to Dropbox or another web storage site and start a ticket with the support center and they will analyze your flight data.

Use the DJI GO app to enter "Flight Data Mode".  

1. Click the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings menu.
2. Choose the blue highlight icon to enter the MC Settings menu.

3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. Select "Enter flight data mode".

There will be a prompt that tells you to connect the Phantom 3 via USB cable and you will be in flight data mode.
A drive will show up on your computer that contains a log file for the most recent times you have turned on your 

Only upload the last flight with the issue to Dropbox.

2016-5-6
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

Well since quite a lot of people asking for my flight log. I have uploaded to Phantom Help:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R67POZFAMH1EMP018EOT/

I havent heard any news yet from DJI up until now. Hope the progress going good.
2016-5-10
Use props
akbar.alamsyah
lvl.1

Indonesia

Woohoo! Finally the new Phantom 4 has arrived!

I have also bought 2 set filters, one for the new P4 and the other for the  P3P (the fallen one)

The show must go on.. around 50 mapping project to go this month. Need 3 drones more next month for next projects!

Still waiting warranty replacement from DJI for the fallen P3P. Is there any news DJI-Tim? Is there any ticket number so I can check the progress?

New P4

New P4
2016-5-11
Use props
Viewfinder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
United Kingdom

So here we go again. Detailed report of a major problem, definitely safety critical, and no resolution. No final outcome. 17 days since the last post and everyone left wondering what happened and what is being done about it.
gtokarsk has it right - we need a formal system for logging incidents and recording the outcome of investigations.
Here in the UK drone flying is on a knife-edge. I am going to start a thread about this.
2016-5-28
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Had this happen to me today. I initiated return to home and it went up to 200m which was set altitude for RTH then just fell.

I have emailed DJI about this.

http://youtu.be/SYZ1n7G3La4
2016-5-29
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

In the video you can see I did not perform CSC as everyone elsewhere insisted I must have done.
2016-5-29
Use props
don.kulinowski
New
Flight distance : 45686 ft

I went through the process with DJI support. Uploaded my flight data logs, etc... They sent me a shipping label to send it in for repair (what was left of it, anyway - some parts like the camera were not recovered). I had it boxed up & shipped, and they shipped it back to me about 2 weeks later. I just received it but it arrived with some small screws rattling around inside the drone. I eventually shook them out through the battery slot. Unfortunately I am unable to fly the drone because even though I sent in the controller with it, they apparently did not pair them together before returning it to me. So initially the DJI Go app said "Disconnected", and for the life of me I could not get it to connect. I tried re-syncing it through the app and pressing the sync button on the drone. No Luck! As a last resort, I removed, then re-installed the app. Now, the app will not let get past the "How to connect" screen! Argh! This is so frustrating. It appears as though my remote may now be bad???
2016-6-18
Use props
matabbirali
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Did they repair/replace for free?

Hope you get the con roller sorted soon.
2016-6-19
Use props
akbarp4
lvl.1

Indonesia

Woohooo.. Finally the falled drone has ARRIVED!!! but wait.. Its not my old broken Phantom3 but IT IS A BRAND NEW Phantom 3 Pro!  C O O L !

Thanks  a lot DJI ! I know I can count on you guys.

Warm regards from Indonesia
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

akbarp4 Posted at 2016-8-10 18:26
Woohooo.. Finally the falled drone has ARRIVED!!! but wait.. Its not my old broken Phantom3 but IT I ...

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad to hear you're up and running again.
2016-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules