Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Converting X5R .DNG files to Premiere Friendly on PC
4637 15 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam.adamgrumbo
New
United States

I know you can do this with Cinelight, but since it is MAC only, does anyone have a work around for converting .DNG to Premiere Friendly files on a PC?

Adam
2016-4-18
Use props
adam.adamgrumbo
New
United States

Apparently SLIMRAW is an option.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can use camera exporter to export the files on windows
2016-4-19
Use props
GaijinGeoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 694334 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim: Sadly, the DNG files transferred using Camera Exporter are not natively supported in Premiere (CC 2015), SpeedGrade, Adobe Media Encoder or Prelude. You can open the RAW files using Bridge or Photoshop. Or open the image sequence in After Effects.

Adam (and anyone else wondering about using X5R Raw files in a Windows environment), my current solution is to open them in DaVinci Resolve 12 (free version). Apply a pre-grade to the footage and export using the Avid DNxHR 444 codec to 4K 3840x2160. It's a much more user friendly codec, and DaVinci offers a whole lot of grading horsepower.

I know Cinelight is only Mac supported. But it would be extremely useful to see an update to Camera Exporter in the future,  that makes the RAW rushes Adobe DNG compatible. I must admit, I don't understand why Windows was given such poor consideration. But the camera is new and there's always hope these things will develop given time.
2016-4-19
Use props
lukeneumann
lvl.1

+1 for Resolve.  
2016-4-19
Use props
Justin408 6
lvl.1

Adam, I was stuck on this too (DJI support didn't have an answer for me), but I've been able to get it to work using slimRaw.
2016-5-1
Use props
monica66
lvl.3

Hong Kong

What converting software did you try so far? I used Brorsoft Video Converter to deal with all my common videos. You can download and have a try. Good luck!
2016-6-21
Use props
GaijinGeoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 694334 ft
United Kingdom

monica66 Posted at 2016-6-22 06:41
What converting software did you try so far? I used Brorsoft Video Converter to deal with all my com ...

As of today's update to Premiere Pro CC, you can now directly import the RAW X5R files to Premiere via the media browser. Been using it all day, working brilliantly on PC (Win 10).
2016-6-23
Use props
fans7e30f7ec
lvl.4
Sweden

GaijinGeoff Posted at 2016-6-23 12:41
As of today's update to Premiere Pro CC, you can now directly import the RAW X5R files to Premiere via the media browser. Been using it all day, working brilliantly on PC (Win 10).

When i export my cinemaDNG files using camera exporter- And then import them to Adobe premiere pro 2017 they all gets really dark? are you also having the same problem?

In Davinci Resolv they all look perfect..
2017-3-2
Use props
Helicam
lvl.4
Sweden

I have the exact same problem! all CinemaDNG files gets dark in Adobe premiere when on a PC. And look perfect on Davinich Resolve. Would really like to hear why this is happening or if there are a fix to this?
2017-3-3
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Helicam Posted at 2017-3-3 00:15
I have the exact same problem! all CinemaDNG files gets dark in Adobe premiere when on a PC. And look perfect on Davinich Resolve. Would really like to hear why this is happening or if there are a fix to this?

Could you provide one of the CinemaDNG´s here via i.e. Dropbox? I could try if with Premiere on Mac the same happens.
2017-3-3
Use props
Helicam
lvl.4
Sweden

yes sure. gona fix that..
2017-3-3
Use props
Helicam
lvl.4
Sweden

Hm they seems to be ok now.

But If I import the old footage that DJI provided on there site, And import them to premiere they are really black.  And also I get some magenta color in the highlights?  Do you also get that?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-TgWdDt95_vVFNfSHdWZUJ1MGs
2017-3-3
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Helicam Posted at 2017-3-3 05:59
Hm they seems to be ok now.

But If I import the old footage that DJI provided on there site, And import them to premiere they are really black.  And also I get some magenta color in the highlights?  Do you also get that?

In your Image DJI_A594FC_C003_20160104_000415.dng, the "WhiteLevel" Tag is missing.
Thats why in an APP like Premiere, which reads all of the .dng file Tags (how it should be) the image seems nearly black, as the dng interpreter finds the "BlackLevel" Tag of the dng, but no "WhiteLevel".

Seems like DJI didnt implement the .dng Standard well.

Did you try Photoshop?

2017-3-3
Use props
Kiffkool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using resolve method 1st then export to PPro friendly format . Are you all able to use your
ssd reader via usb3 on windows 10 ? i have to use usb 2 !! can't get the drive to be recognised
unless usb 2.
2017-3-3
Use props
mrbill
Second Officer
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

Another vote for Resolve on a PC. I’m using Resolve Studio 16 - I don’t know if the free version has any restrictions. I'm exporting to an Avid friendly codec as it's a pc and pro-res isn't available in the Resolve software.
2021-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules