Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Survey with X5 lens
5828 11 2016-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tillwadell
New
Flight distance : 63291 ft
Sweden

Is anyone using the X5 camera for survey, mapping and volume calculations? I  recently got an X5 and a 12mm olympus lens and was hoping on improved  results compared to the X3 camera. I use a n-RTK GPS to lay out ground  control point and with the X3 camera the aligned photos have errors from  3-10 cm depending on the size of the covered area. But with the X5 and  the 12mm lens the errors can be up to 15cm for a small area and 35 cm on  a bigger area. I am flying with the same overlap in images. Anyone  knows what the problem could be? The program used for processing is Agisof Photoscan.

Does the X5 do the same thing as regular micro 4/3 cameras and apply an automatic lens correction to the JPG file and that makes the Photoscan program go wild.

2016-4-20
Use props
benningerTV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312461 ft
Germany

Hello there, i do surveying with X5 too. Have the same problems with the images. I use the RAW-Images. So calibrated the lens at a parking level with 15 meters height an 50 controlpoints. The results from calibrating are 2mm in position und 5mm in height. Then the first measurement flight at 100 Meters height. 500 x 500 meters size. Applied some controlpoints with differential gps(+/- 2cm). But the errors are 25 cm. Don't know whats going on. I think the focus system is the problem, because it's a moveable part in the lens. With the X3 or P3 the the things in the lens are fixed. So i'm in the research at this moment... :-(
2016-4-21
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

HI BenningerTV,

Just a question - do the same issues happen if you use JPG images rather than RAW?

2016-4-21
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

I'm really interested in your results as I am about to use pix4d.  Their process is automated pretty much so I wonder if it will affect me the same as you two.
2016-4-21
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-21
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

It's the new camera that comes with the inspire one pro.  the little round white one is the X.3 call
2016-4-22
Use props
benningerTV
lvl.2
Germany

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-4-21 23:32
HI BenningerTV,

Just a question - do the same issues happen if you use JPG images rather than RAW?

You can't take the JPG Images for photogrammetry because of the software manipulation that is done on the camera. The images have distortion corrected, noice filterung and sharpening. That's all very bad for the calculation. In the RAW images theres is each pixel how it comes in at the sensor.
2016-4-23
Use props
benningerTV
lvl.2
Germany

So we have found the problem. In the exif data of DJI images there is saved the height over sea level (e.g 600 meters). But the software needs the height over ground (e.g. 10 to 100 meters).
2016-4-23
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha, I think the exif file shows height above take off.  GPS values typically show height above the ellipsoid (a mathematical model of earth) the GPS is also recording data in geographic wgs84, is your RTK GPS using the same coordinate system?
2016-4-24
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-26
Use props
Arnaud Deshogues
New

Switzerland

Did you finally get some good results with this camera? Does the altitude stored in the Exif format is the problem?
2020-1-21
Use props
Gngost
New

Croatia

Has somebody found the solution?
2020-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules