Phantom 3 std. transmitter battery
11836 11 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackfinnigan
New

United States

I want to buy an extra RC battery, How do I go about doing this?  It's for a Phantom 3 Standard controller. I want the battery with the lead and connector complete. What I really need is the battery connector, it's the two lead connector that is on the end of the battery leads and plugs into the pc board. I broke it trying to disconnectit from the pc board, it was fused in some way. If I knew what it was called I might be able to find a replacement. However I will buy a new battery if necessory, if I could find it.

TIA

2016-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As far as I am aware, DJI do not sell spare RC batteries. You are expected to return the device to them for repair.
2016-4-21
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you had just used the sort of cell phone battery power pack that's an external LiPo battery you could just have plugged it in to the normal mini USB charging socket without needing to get inside the RC box.
Mine works great. I 'm using a 10,000 mAh battery to extend the RC time capability for $20.
2016-4-21
Use props
jackfinnigan
New

United States

michaelfinney_h Posted at 2016-4-21 19:37
If you had just used the sort of cell phone battery power pack that's an external LiPo battery you c ...

Thanks for the reply, Michael. I can find the correct part on my own, and good to know DJI isn't a company to deal with. Too bad. It's absurd not being able to get replacement parts of any kind from an OEM manufacture.  Good to know before mistakenly upgrading the drone. Thanks again for the info.

Best regards,
Jack
2016-4-22
Use props
jackfinnigan
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-21 19:10
As far as I am aware, DJI do not sell spare RC batteries. You are expected to return the device to t ...

Thank you also for the reply, Geebax.
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Please note that any hardware interference will void your warranty.
2016-4-22
Use props
jackfinnigan
New

United States

DJI Paladin, I am not looking for any Warranty service. I simply want to buy a new battery. I said I opened the controller and modified it, knowing very well it would void any warranty. I broke the connector, I'm not passing the blame. I simply want to BUY a replacement part.  In time I will find the correct connector that broke and replace it, but it would have been a lot easier to buy a new part ready made to replace the one I broke.  I am qualified  to do this simple fix on my own. I have designed and built manufacturing robots for the past 15 years.   I don't deal in electronic parts that are that small. Therefore I will save me some time and aggravation to simply but a new part. I was not aware that your company will not sell these parts. Very disappointing and useless. What do people do that run out of warranty service? Scrap their UAS? Certainly not the way we do business.

Best regards,
Jack
2016-4-22
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

I know this is an older thread but try this.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1781?gclid=COmx6MTRtdACFYQkgQodLkgKaQ
IMG_6852.PNG
2016-11-19
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

LC 1650120 2S1P
Lithium-ion Polymer battery
7.4v 6000mAh  44.4Wh

This battery seems to have similar specs but I don't know if the dimensions are the same as the OEM battery.

Got this screen grab from a Youtube breakdown of a DJI Phantom 3 remote control and the wiring diagram from a Google search.  (Standard disclaimers, use at your own risk, size of resulting explosion not guarantee, no warranties expressed or implied, yada, yada, you're on your own from here...)

DJI RC P3 & Inspire battery wiring.jpg
2017-1-18
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

In case someone searching come across this. I done same thing as Jack just messed up the connector on remote battery and it is a 2600mah 3.6volt Model DJ03. Funny but watching the Argtek video that guy had a little trouble pulling this 2 pin connector also

I purchased from amazon 1.25 mm JST XH 2 Pin Micro Electrical Male and Female Connector Plug. Soldered to existing battery leads with heat shrink over that.

Adafruit is now requiring buy something else cause they can't ship battery alone. Mine look exactly like that cylindrical shape and all but their specs say it is a 2.0mm JST so may not fit cause I tried a 2.0. Also that is a 2200 mah and mine was 2600. Mine was not 7.4volt either
2017-4-27
Use props
bwpage3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
United States

fans2e9aa3da Posted at 2016-11-19 12:28
I know this is an older thread but try this.

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1781?gclid=COmx6MTRtdACFYQkgQodLkgKaQ

This is indeed the correct battery, however, the JST connector on this battery is to big to plug into the DJI controller circuit board.
2018-10-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Snipe the auction, cannibalize the battery

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-PHA ... wRBVb0UQJ:rk:8:pf:0
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now