New firmware release today
1234 6 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ElliotTeskey
lvl.2

United States

Dji has released a new firmware update today that is to address the IMU bug.. I am in the process of trying to upgrade right now but it seems to be taking forever.....stuck on constant red stars light and three beeps...one long and two short...anybody else tried this yet...
2015-1-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

That sounds like it is done.  da, da da is the finishing tone.  I did two Inspires today.  Are you doing this with the controller on or off?  If you are having issues, I would do it with the controller and App off.  It will do an auto update.  You can look at the .txt file on the SD card root drive to see if you were successful.
2015-1-15
Use props
huffmd1
lvl.1

United States

Hey yes I got it to work and now I am going through an IMU calibration.  Not sure what IMU is but I am calibrating it
2015-1-15
Use props
ElliotTeskey
lvl.2

United States

Thx Ed.....I turned off the controller and it seemed to work...says it is updated...can you tell me what IMU stands for

2015-1-15
Use props
dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2749 ft
  • >>>
United States

"can you tell me what IMU stands for"

From the DJI Wiki...
Inertial Measurement Unit: includes a 3-axis accelerometer, a 3-axis angular velocity and a barometric altimeter. It is used to recognize attitude.

Or IMU = Inspire Messed Up
2015-1-16
Use props
powerhs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1195696 ft
United States

Does anybody know if this is normal I'm trying to update, it stop beeping and I get this message.

2015-1-16
Use props
nigel.keene
lvl.2

United Kingdom

powerhs Posted at 2015-1-16 20:29
Does anybody know if this is normal I'm trying to update, it stop beeping and I get this message.

I had the same thing, I just turned the aircraft off and on again and it did the update.
2015-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules