Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't Calibrate Compass After Update
2331 7 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huffmd1
lvl.1

United States

I have updated my Inspire 1 and the remote with it.  After updating I did an advanced updated on the IMU. After this I cannot calibrate the compass?? Any ideas anyone?
2015-1-15
Use props
mlglisson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

you gotta be kidding
2015-1-16
Use props
markwchoate
New

United States

Two days ago received and unboxed my new Inspire.  Performed firmware update on Inspire and remote.  Then calibrated compass.  All went perfectly.  Initial flights smooth, perfect.  I have not performed that advanced IMU update.
Hope this helps.
2015-1-16
Use props
marcfrdly
lvl.2
United States

I had a similar experience after I upgraded yesterday. After upgrading the craft I got an immediate compass error. I did an advanced calibration, compass showed 240, everything else was perfect. I cut the craft off, restarted, same thing., compass error at startup. Attempted to calibrate, and process would hang up during nose down calibration. I was doing this near a wall inside, and the wall has metal studs, so I moved it into a area away from any possible interference, restarted the craft and was able to calibrate the compass. I then did an advanced imu and all was right were it should be. I have not flown it though, as I am waiting on the prop guards, but have had 10 flights before this and Inspire performed well.
2015-1-16
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi,
Does "advanced updated on the IMU" you said is actually IMU calibration? Because IMU cannot upgrade individually.
I think you shall follow above post's instructions, maybe your calibration environment has an EMC interference which lead the failure.
2015-1-17
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

latest firmware gets more critical standard to ur calibration environment. Stay at home to calibrate can't success. Try to go out.
2015-1-17
Use props
huffmd1
lvl.1

United States

I have been trying it indoors.  I will have to go outdoors and try it again.  Still can't fly right now because I am waiting on new props.  I was having problems with mine drifting when I first got it which is what this latest firmware update was supposed to fix.  Thanks for the advices guys.  I will keep you posted.  
2015-1-19
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

Looks like more firmware updates are coming hope its sooner than later .
Only issue I had was a lock up during the firmware install. IMU and compass both calibrated perfectly and all says ready to fly even check the compass values all looks good .
Man this is disheartening to hear let us know what you find out OP
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules