Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HOODMAN...PRODUCT FOR SUNS GLARE ON SCREEN - REVIEW
2434 17 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I just received my Hoodman (HM) today and it was nice and Sunny today and wanted to test it Out .  I lOVE IT.  I am thrilled with this product, I have tried some of the Non -Glare film that you place over the I-pad screen but still was not pleased with the glare.  I bought the 2 Part system that gives a full immersion  experience.  I bought some high end Zeis Cinemizers for about 700 dollars and the Hoodman beats it by a mile . Another part about the HM I like is it has an extra strap on the back for safety, it keeps your I-pad steady and safe when it is mounted  .    This is a high end piece of equipment too, they make stuff for Hollywood film industry and the NFL .  The owner of the Company took my order On a Saturday and was a real Cool guy as well.  If you do order anything mention my name as well , I dont get anything out of it, Just wanted him to know there were alot of Good Pilots on the DJI forums and to please take care of them.  Also want to thank Forum member GQ for pointing me in the direction of the HOODMAN product.  I am really pleased that I can now fly with FULL SUN . There are several different models of Hoodman to choose from , mine was about 120.00 for the I pad Air model with shipping.  Some are more but most were less.     HOODMANUSA.COM   I know i sound like a commercial but the product really works  and I get a little amped up about good products !  

BE SURE TO LOOK AT PICS BELOW !

donnie

Hman.PNG

Nice slit to make changes easy

Nice slit to make changes easy
HMAN 3.PNG
2016-4-22
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

its really good thing ! but when u film in public place with that HOOD really seems funny
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

SajidShah Posted at 2016-4-22 17:06
its really good thing ! but when u film in public place with that HOOD really seems funny

I agree , I might look goofy but I can see !!!!

cheers SajiShah-  donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you use the touch screen with that hood? It's kind of awkward to reach into the hood to use the touch screen while you are flying.  
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-4-22 17:56
How do you use the touch screen with that hood? It's kind of awkward to reach into the hood to use t ...

Look at the middle picture , there is a flap to reach in and you can  make changes....BRILLIANT

Donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Waiting for my HAV2E to cross the pond,
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Cool product. I am also curious about its weight.
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-23 02:06
Cool product. I am also curious about its weight.

I think it is fairly light weight, I normally sit down when I fly with It because I push my head right into the "Face Mask" .  It is just awesome in sunny conditions.  For those who wear glasses this is ideal.  

Cheers- donnie
2016-4-23
Use props
carman
New

Canada

Unfortunately in Canada you could only use this for camera on a two operator scenario or TC would call it FPV and illegal lol.  Looks great though!!
2016-4-23
Use props
imovetheearth48
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-22 19:21
Look at the middle picture , there is a flap to reach in and you can  make changes....BRILLIANT

D ...

Thanks for posting "Donnie"! This is something I will definitely be "looking" into. Flying blind is no good!!
2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-5-26 07:55
Thanks for posting "Donnie"! This is something I will definitely be "looking" into. Flying blind i ...

I promise you you will love it, You cant fly in the daytime with out it.  The only bad part is On hot days, you are breathing in the "Mask" and gets a little Hot, not that bad though.

If you get one let me know what you think

Hoodmanusa.com

donnie  
2016-5-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

imovetheearth48 Posted at 2016-5-26 07:55
Thanks for posting "Donnie"! This is something I will definitely be "looking" into. Flying blind i ...

Did you order one ???

If you do, do me a favor, tell them Donnie sent You.

Mind You I get NOTHING  for this but I did  tell the owner about our Forum and I was going to give an honest review or their  product.  This way in the future if  our members have an idea for a product, we can have a recognized organization that he knows will reach a large audience .  ( Do you get me )  

Even if you just purchased the HAV2 I think you would be happy, the HAV2E  makes it really Immersive . It comes as a two piece kit or separate.

I actually sit down when I fly like that so I dont get dis oriented when I come out of the dark on a bright sunny day.  If and when you buy it you will know what I mean.

The bottom line is this is a great product, you purchase when you feel ready.

hoodmanusa.com

Cheers- donnie

2016-5-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

SajidShah Posted at 2016-4-22 17:06

Wow, that is a real freaky Avatar......cool

donnie
2016-5-28
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-29 01:12
Wow, that is a real freaky Avatar......cool

donnie

hehe thank You So Much My friend..  
2016-5-28
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

How do you reach the screen with your fingers?
2016-6-6
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

acenothing Posted at 2016-6-6 23:38
How do you reach the screen with your fingers?

2016-6-6
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2016-6-6
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Thanks that look like it would work.