Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Shell brocken.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Subject's remote Phantom 3 GL300A, GL300B, GL300C and the almost identical remote from Inspire, Phantom 4, Lightbridge 2 and other.
Especially when Phantom 3 Pro / Advanced with the wobbly tray holder with the mounting of plastic.

Through movements of the tray support, particularly if a large tray like Ipad Air2 etc is mounted, tear the screws (the mounting point breaks out) and the top cover of the remote control releases from the case.

This is because that the two screws at the bottom (under the round foot) are too short. Ev. also breaks the lid or the attachment points where the screws are screwed.

Verifies that the lid can lift the bottom right and / or left. If that is the case, the bolts are broken / torn.

Don't repaire this yourself, but complained the dealer or the DJI customer service and there is a warranty repair.

Extreme caution and top with the two antennas, these break out very easily, a disease in the DJI controllers.

German:

Betrifft die Fernbedienung des Phantom 3 GL300A , GL300B ,GL300C  und die nahezu Baugleichen Fernsteuerungen vom Inspire, Phantom 4 , Lightbridge 2 etc.
Besonders beim Phantom 3 Pro / Advanced mit der wackeligen Tabletthalterung mit der Befestigung aus Kunststoff.

Durch Bewegungen der Tabletthalterung, besonders wenn ein großes Tablett, wie Ipad Air2 etc montiert ist, reißen die Schrauben aus (der Befestigungs Punkt bricht aus) und der obere Deckel der Fernsteuerung löst sich vom Gehäuse.

Das liegt daran, das die beiden Schrauben unten (unter den runden Füssen) zu kurz sind. Ev. bricht auch der Deckel bzw. die Befestigungspunkte, wo die Schrauben eingedreht sind.

Prüft, ob sich der Deckel unten rechts oder / und links unten anheben lässt. Wenn die der Fall ist, sind die Schrauben herausgebrochen / ausgerissen.

Repariert dies nicht selbst, sondern reklamiert beim Händler bzw. beim DJI Kundendienst und besteht auf eine Garantiereparatur.

Äußerste Vorsicht auch oben mit den beiden Antennen, diese brechen auch sehr leicht aus, ein Krankheit bei den DJI Kontrollern.

Source: http://www.kopter-support.de/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=502
2016-4-25
Use props
Nicola90s
Captain
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Hi! I had a similar problem with my remote controller, but I've a Phantom 3 advanced. I made a mistake to open the controller so now I don't have warranty.
I tried to contact DJI and ask to sell me only the plastic shell but they refuse and said that I should send them all the RC.

Look also here
http://forum.dji.com/thread-48798-1-1.html
2016-4-25
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

@Nicola90s
close the RC carefully an request warranty repair. Open the RC shold not void the warranty. In case you assemble the HDMI interface you need open the RC too.
Since this is clearly dealing here with a design flaw and a quality problem with the plastic used, the warranty repair for the customer should be free.
And DJI should provide the cover as soon as possible as a spare part.

2016-4-25
Use props
Nicola90s
Captain
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

knarfboy Posted at 2016-4-25 13:46
@Nicola90s
close the RC carefully an request warraty repair. RC shold not void the warranty. In cas ...

Ok, but I opened it whole and I used also a plastic gun to tried to fix it...

If I need to be honest, the remote controller work good now, just I can't close it all, so I don't want sent it to DJI and stay much time without it only to know that I need to pay for the repair. I hope that I can find some broken remote controller at good price and move all the electronic part.
2016-4-25
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Me ask DJI service center if they have a defect RC in there trash can with a good shell and send this to you.
Send them this forum links to proof you are not the only one with this kind of problem.

DJI need so sell this shell as a spare part asap.

-> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651826
2016-4-25
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

I bought my 1st drone from Worten Portugal ..  i received it open it and did some fly test and then i notice On TOP of Shell its crack like some one hit or crashed .. well i returned that .. many time some manufacture defects happens ...
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your issue. It is recommended to contact our service center in Europe and send it for RMA:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-4-25
Use props
nemisusdm
lvl.1

United States

Mine is going back with an RMA and looks like they plan on making good.  I wonder if they will have a version 2 of the controller shell like that of the craft body with the reinforced motor mounts.
2016-4-25
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI Paladin,

I will try, the RMA # is 160425QYO-PH9126

I report what will happens....  And now i hope....
2016-4-27
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

In the time, DJI need to repair, me i try to contol the drone with my thoughts...... ->  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 90&fromuid=5633
2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules