Won't exit travel mode with new RC firmware
3539 5 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmccauley4x
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
Two weeks ago I was on a job and was prompted to update the RC firmware which I did. The DJI GO software updated automatically sometime last week and I haven't had a job since. When I went to shoot again this last weekend, the drone would connect to the RC and to the software but could not exit travel mode. I assume this is because it was not updated. I can't update it now because the drone doesn't initiate the gimbal  in travel mode. Any ideas or thoughts on how I can fix this? I've got 28 locations that need to be shot by next week... I'm a little bit stressed

Thanks,
Clark
2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

BOTTOM LINE: ON RELEASE NOTES IT SAYS IT IS CRITICAL NOT TO UPDATE THE RC BEFORE AIRCRAFT, THEREFORE WE MUST GET OUT OF TRAVEL MODE AND THEN DO THE UPDATE IN PROPER ORDER.

Clark , there are several  threads on how to do this.  I will give you the basic run down.  You need to rollback to the last version of FW that matches your aircraft , if you are current on the Updates your aircraft will be at 1.7  ( 1.8 now ) and you just loaded 1.6 on the RC.. you need to Rollback the transmitter to 1.58 then get the aircraft out of travel mode, then LOAD THE AIRCRAFT FIRST WITH 1.8  then load 1.6 to the RC.

You can rollback the RC two ways. Make sure you have a good internet connection for go app.  Turn on transmitter and I pad and go app ( Or whatever device you use for go )  on the first page where you see the Pic of the Inspire there is a grad cap in top right corner.  Hold it down for about 10 seconds and let go, if you have internet it will give you the rollback option, go back to 1.58 and get out of travel mode, then load 1.8 to AC and then1.6 to RC.

The second way is to use a USB drive ( thumb drive ) and load 1.58 file to it.  Now rollback this way.  I will  leave a link to the 1.58 file and the 1.6 along with my tutorial on how to do this.

If you are not current on updates you must let me know what version the aircraft is at and then we must match it so you can rollback or it will not work , hopefully you are at 1.7 on the AC so the Rollback to rc would be 1.58 .  If the AC has Fw that is older you must go further back  in the file to get the proper match for the RC, remember the numbers do not match per say, the version mumbers are different for the AC and the RC in most cases.

Good luck

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/RC/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin

also video below on the Go app rollback

2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

2016-4-25
Use props
bmccauley4x
lvl.1

United States

Thank you so much! Bummer it doesn't say that on the actual update page of the software. It kept bugging me about it... THANK YOU
2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

bmccauley4x@gma Posted at 2016-4-25 09:55
Thank you so much! Bummer it doesn't say that on the actual update page of the software. It kept bug ...

I agree, that is a great Idea.  

donnie
2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

bmccauley4x@gma Posted at 2016-4-25 09:55
Thank you so much! Bummer it doesn't say that on the actual update page of the software. It kept bug ...

BUMP, SO OTHER FOLKS SEE THIS

2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules