Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data...
25040 20 2016-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe5
New
Flight distance : 41375 ft
United States

I just purchased the Inspire 1 Pro and was ready to fly. After turning the controller, Go app and Inspire I was advised to update to the new firmware. I did notice the X5 was faced forward but tilted. I finished the installation and turned on all devices in the order above and the gimbal/camera did its dance and then went limp, not facing forward. The Inspire flashed all colored lights and kept beeping. The app displays a warning message: Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data. Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that none of the pins are loose. If a problem persists, contact DJI Support.

I'm new and don't want to foul anything up by taking anything apart. Has anyone dealt with this problem and had any solutions? I'd like to get this fixed as soon as possible and get up in the air. I'm so frustrated since I haven't even got it off the ground.

Many thanks in advance for all advice!
2016-4-26
Use props
joe5
New
Flight distance : 41375 ft
United States

I actually just solved the problem. In the app I calibrated the IMU and the calibrated the gimbal. Problem solved.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Glad you figured it out, Joe!
2016-4-26
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

joe5 Posted at 2016-4-27 07:01
I actually just solved the problem. In the app I calibrated the IMU and the calibrated the gimbal. P ...

joe5, Thank You so much!
However, I had a long time to find in menu how to do the IMU calibration.
So I made a video on how to do the IMU calibration.

If an error occurs:
IMU Error. Calibrate IMU
Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data
Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that none of the pins are loose. If the problem persists, contact DJI Support

and the camera gimbal does not respond to commands from the Remote Control, do not rush to grab the head and take the camera in search of broken pins/contacts — You just need to calibrate IMU.
To do the IMU calibration, install the inspire 1 on a flat, stable surface, click in the top right of the screen ... to display the menu.
Click on the icon of the drone (at the top) and scroll down to the Advanced Settings.
Then click Sensors and click the IMU Calibration, and then twice OK on the two pop-up Windows.
Begin IMU calibration, which takes about 5 minutes, DO NOT MOVE THE INSPIRE 1 AND THE SURFACE ON WHICH IT STANDS DURING CALIBRATION!
After the IMU calibration, should disappear error: IMU Error and Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data.

------------------------
(For Russian users.)
Если возникает ошибка "Проверьте 8-пиновые контакты на плате присоединения камеры к квадрокоптеру. Убедитесь что все контакты целые.":
IMU Error. Calibrate IMU
Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data
Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that none of the pins are loose. If the problem persists, contact DJI Support

И подвес камеры не реагирует на управление с пульта, не спешите хвататься за голову и снимать камеру в поисках отломанных контактов — просто сделайте калибровку IMU.
Чтобы сделать калибровку IMU, установите inspire 1 на ровную неподвижную поверхность, нажмите в правой верхней части экрана на ... для вызова меню.
В меню, нажмите на иконку квадрокоптера (в самом верху) и прокрутите меню вниз до пункта Advanced Settings.
Затем выберите пункт Sensors и нажмите IMU Calibration, а затем два раза ОК в двух выскакивающих окошках.
Начнётся калибровка IMU, которая занимает около 5 минут, НЕ ПЕРЕДВИГАЙТЕ КОПТЕР И ПОВЕРХНОСТЬ НА КОТОРОЙ ОН СТОИТ ВО ВРЕМЯ КАЛИБРОВКИ!
После окончания калибровки IMU, должны исчезнуть ошибки: IMU Error и Подвес не может получить данные от Главного Пульта управления (Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data).

2016-5-29
Use props
rhys432111
New

United States

I am having the same problem with my phantom 4 drone. It says that I am not connected to the aircraft but I can see the video feed and move the gimbal about. It is telling me that "gimbal cannot receive main controller data" anyone have any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it???
2017-1-28
Use props
mil3sdavis
lvl.1

United States

rhys432111 Posted at 2017-1-28 14:14
I am having the same problem with my phantom 4 drone. It says that I am not connected to the aircraft but I can see the video feed and move the gimbal about. It is telling me that "gimbal cannot receive main controller data" anyone have any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it???

Same here.... Phantom 4 was doing this straight out of the box. Unable to upgrade/downgrade firmware. Just constant beeping when powered on.
2017-1-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-28 20:16
Same here.... Phantom 4 was doing this straight out of the box. Unable to upgrade/downgrade firmware. Just constant beeping when powered on.

What is beeping the RC transmitter or the  AC ? if it is the RC then you should do a stick calibration , and if it is the Aircraft, you should do an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration .  I don't own my phantom's any more but think I remember this solving the issue with beeping, especially on  the RC.

give it a go -cant hurt anything .

donnie  
2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

rhys432111 Posted at 2017-1-28 14:14

If it is like the Inspire , then a IMU calibration and camera gimbal calibration should take care of it .

Can you start the motors and what not ? If you can then do the Calibrations above.

donnie
2017-1-29
Use props
mil3sdavis
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-29 06:07
What is beeping the RC transmitter or the  AC ? if it is the RC then you should do a stick calibration , and if it is the Aircraft, you should do an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration .  I don't own my phantom's any more but think I remember this solving the issue with beeping, especially on  the RC.

give it a go -cant hurt anything .

The beeping is coming from the AC. I have tried doing an IMU calibration several times... it just sits there for ever and never quits. I let it run for half an hour and it never acted like it made any progress. The gimbal calibration seems to work though.  Still unable to get a firmware refresh/upgrade/downgrade to work.
2017-1-30
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 06:46
The beeping is coming from the AC. I have tried doing an IMU calibration several times... it just sits there for ever and never quits. I let it run for half an hour and it never acted like it made any progress. The gimbal calibration seems to work though.  Still unable to get a firmware refresh/upgrade/downgrade to work.

I dont own the  Phantom 4 , sorry , perhaps you should start a new thread on the Phantom  4 page and see if anyone has any fix for this.
I think you need to get your AC up to date then do the calibration .  I dont know how the update is on the P4.  sorry ....

good luck

donnie
2017-1-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

mil3sdavis Posted at 2017-1-30 06:46

mil3
The phantom 4 is different than the Inspire in some ways....
Just a thought after reading your information. Use DJI Flight Assistant 2 for upgrading the firmware. Plug the Phantom 4 into your PC with the latest version of FA2 running. Then power up your AC and wait for FA2 to recognize the Phantom. click on the P4 icon and wait for the new FW options to load. Install the FW and then disconnect the P4. You should now be able to connect to the remote.

All the best
Rich
2017-1-30
Use props
mil3sdavis
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-30 10:28
I dont own the  Phantom 4 , sorry , perhaps you should start a new thread on the Phantom  4 page and see if anyone has any fix for this.
I think you need to get your AC up to date then do the calibration .  I dont know how the update is on the P4.  sorry ....

Thanks! I started one over on the Phantom sub forum...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-82931-1-1.html
2017-1-30
Use props
fans9ff9d066
New
Flight distance : 6358 ft
Pakistan

I have the same problum but i have Mavic pro when i want to calibrate it wont even start i press the start button but Nothing happen at all nor the compass calibrated nothing is happening please resolve my issue i am new it's my first time.
Screenshot_20170502-165915.png
Screenshot_20170502-170140.png
2017-5-2
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

fans9ff9d066 Posted at 2017-5-2 04:33
I have the same problum but i have Mavic pro when i want to calibrate it wont even start i press the start button but Nothing happen at all nor the compass calibrated nothing is happening please resolve my issue i am new it's my first time.

You will get more attention if you post this on the Mavic  forum <I would love to help you but dont know the Mavic ......I do know when it happens on the Inspire that you need to do a IMU calibration  followed by a Camera Gimbal calibration ......   I know you are trying that but have you folllowed  the Insructions as welll , remove props etc, start Aircraft etc ?  ?
Is there any more information on the main controller status page ?  does it say it needs updating or something else ???

donnie
2017-5-2
Use props
fans9ff9d066
New
Pakistan

And on rc that massages appers
20170502_181727.jpg
20170502_181728.jpg
2017-5-2
Use props
fans9ff9d066
New
Pakistan

I followed whole instruction but didn't work.
And also the gimble calibration stops on 63% everytime i do itried 6 7 times but failled
2017-5-2
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

fans9ff9d066 Posted at 2017-5-2 12:38
And also the gimble calibration stops on 63% everytime i do itried 6 7 times but failled

Try and delete and reinstall the  Go App that is on your Device .  

Then see  if you can calibrate.  Are you using a proper  device for the Go app ?? funny -strange- unusual things can  happen if you are not .

donnie
2017-5-3
Use props
Md Ashikur Rahm
New
Australia

I have phantom 4 and having same kind of problem after a crash. It is showing gimbal cannot receive main controlar data. I am currently in Australia where I can go and have support to fix it. Thanks
2017-5-25
Use props
fans298a6165
New

United States

So i called DJI today. First, not very helpful, someone in INDIA answered and then referred me to this ridiculous price list. Check take a look and is it not worth buying another drone. Hopefully not another dJi.. biggest rip off.

................ it wont let me post this.... ignore the spaces. https:// repair.    dji.    .com/repair/   price-inquiry
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_pvwtHcChSL2M
New

Poland

joe5 Posted at 2016-4-26 19:01
I actually just solved the problem. In the app I calibrated the IMU and the calibrated the gimbal. Problem solved.

It’s not help
2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_pvwtHcChSL2M
New

Poland

fans9ff9d066 Posted at 2017-5-2 12:38

My stopping on 69% always
2020-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules