Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can we Fly or not Fly?
1845 12 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives
First Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the bug and propeller issues  just want to know if we are ground-it.
2015-1-16
Use props
travissrt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would think that the term "Caveat Emptor" (Buyer beware) probably applies right now.  I would imagine that if you throw a prop in flight you are on your own for replacement if you don't wait for the locks.  If you have a fly-away or other firmware related issue then you might be ok but is it worth the risk?  I'm probably not going to fly mine until the prop locks come in which really sucks as I now have 4 spare batteries being delivered Monday via UPS.  Plus I'm a bit concerned about the GPS/Compass issues with the new firmware/app update and would like to know that they have addressed that issue as well.  $3,399.00 is A LOT of money for me and I can't afford to trash it right now!

On a postitive note, I guess I'll get to test the battery auto discharge feature now.....
2015-1-16
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Call my dealer any they did not know what I was talking about. After me explaining to them the issues they told me I would  have to purchase the prop locks when they get them. Thats sucks
2015-1-16
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.3

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-1-17 05:09
Call my dealer any they did not know what I was talking about. After me explaining to them the issue ...

That's horrible.  My dealer, CopterShop, sent out an email saying they'll send out the locks as soon as they get them from DJI.  There's got to be some sort of consumer protection where you're at.  Is there?
2015-1-16
Use props
ppdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272799 ft
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-1-17 05:09
Call my dealer any they did not know what I was talking about. After me explaining to them the issue ...

That is bollocks pidetectives....DJI clearly said they are providing these...free of charge! Your dealer should know better!
2015-1-16
Use props
pidetectives
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am telling you what they they told me.
2015-1-16
Use props
ablackburn6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108025 ft
  • >>>
United States

They might not yet have figured out that DJI is sending dealers locks for free. Not every channel partner on the planet is totally on the ball all the time. B&H sent me an email saying they were sending the locks out for free next week and telling me what precautions to take in the meantime. That's pretty proactive in my experience. B&H ships a lot of different stuff - I'm impressed they were on this so quickly.
2015-1-17
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Are we allowed to fly the inspires if we are running iOS or do we have to go out and buy an android now
2015-1-17
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

China

Hi,
Before the prop lock is installed, it is not recommend to fly I1 temporary. If flying is urgent, please ensure the props are well-tighten.
2015-1-17
Use props
noelle1000

United States

I just did a test with the 9.1 app and upgraded bird (1-15-15) played with the system with no props. After feeling that the motors sounded true I put the props on. Gave them a little torque and set the bird in the driveway. She flew rock solid. I did not venture far. But I would say fly.  
2015-1-18
Use props
hadidimachkieh
lvl.1

United States

I flew it today for the first time. took off and landed with no issues about 5 times. each time i landed it i doubled checked all props were tight. testers flew this thing for months. just make sure its calibrated and the props are on tightly and have fun.
2015-1-18
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.1

Germany

I also had around 10 starts and short flights in the last 2 days. I' assured calibration and thighed the props very well before take off. It lookes like all propellors were as tight after flight as before take off.

I've tried to avoid wind and didn't use auto start and auto landing. Even with the iOS App everything was fine so far in GPS mode.

I would say ... be careful and look for weather conditions.
2015-1-18
Use props
ebwelder
lvl.1

United States

I flew once today and once yesterday no problems.
I did have the GPS drop out a couple of times. I 'm using the ISO app on a IPad mini3.
2015-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules