Request new feature for Phantom iPhone Ap.
1507 2 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
youngphoto
lvl.1

United States

It would be cool if you could automatically take 3 or 5 photo exposure bracketed images.  For example, the first shot at -1EC, next at 0, and one at +1EC with one button press.  Would be a nice feature to aid with HDR photography.  
2015-1-16
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I agree that would be nice.  There might be an inherent problem doing that with a camera that flies around .  The non-flying digital camera I have with a HDR setting almost always requires me to use a tripod because the slightest movement during exposure gets an error message.  The images have to be aligned perfectly in order to correctly overlap the midtones, highlights and shadows.  If they manage to overcome that problem I suspect the price of the camera is going to go way up.

Most of the reviews I've read about the photographic capabilities of the Phantom put it into the mid-range between amateur and professional.  To get anywhere near the advanced capabilities you're wanting it's going to require a professional grade digital camera and a lot bigger multi-copter to lift it like the Inspire1, Flame wheel or Spreading wings.
2015-1-17
Use props
youngphoto.emai
lvl.1

United States

I disagree.  I handhold HDR shots all the time with my DLSR.  Here is a 3 image HDR from a recent trip to Switzerland.  I set up my Canon 5D MK II to shoot a -1, 0, +1 exposure bracket.  I used the Photomatix HDR plugin for Aperture to combine the images and produce the HDR.  I've also used Photoshop's HDR engine and it can align the handheld images as well.  

If the wind isn't too bad, the P2V+ hover and camera aren't half bad.  I shoot in RAW, and the biggest problem is how long it takes to shoot, store, adjust the EV, and reshoot.  Here is a quick and dirty HDR from today:

Check out Russell Brown from Adobe as he discusses Aerial HDR Photography.  

http://vimeo.com/102160789
2015-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules