Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
audio monitoring
1589 14 2016-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
p.groom1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi.
while using my Sennheiser g3 radio mics jacked into the OSMO and careful setup of gain staging and then osmo audio levels, i find that the audio recording in the osmo is really pretty good . But how can i monitor this recording with headphones? I need to know if the mic russtles, or the radio signal is pushed over, ot her ebatteries run out etc etc.
Is there a way of plugging into my iphone being used as a monitor for this?
Peter
2016-4-29
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

There's no way to monitor what the Osmo is recording.

As I see it, if sound is really important, then you'll need to have to plug your mic(s) into a pre-amp/recorder/mixer and take a feed from that to the Osmo, checking your sound on the pre-amp/recorder/mixer. Or -- of course -- record separately, syncing it to the Osmo in post.
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, Peter,
Thanks for asking, but unfortunately, the Osmo doesn't have this kind of audio monitoring feature, however, this new need has been collected by our engineers and we'll take serious consideration about it.
If there's any update, we would keep you informed in our official website.
2016-5-1
Use props
p.groom1
lvl.2
Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-2 09:08
Hi, Peter,
Thanks for asking, but unfortunately, the Osmo doesn't have this kind of audio monitoring ...

HI Adela
I think that NOT having the ability to monitor audio is a BIG omission. If it is deemed necessary to see pictures (as the camera records pictures) then why shouldnt we be able to monitor audio (as the camera does record audio.
Id appreciate it if this could be implemented asap. Remember, this is the audio visual industry (and audio comes first in that description!!)
Peter
2016-5-4
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

p.groom1 Posted at 2016-5-4 19:52
HI Adela
I think that NOT having the ability to monitor audio is a BIG omission. If it is deemed n ...

This really needs a bump. We can see the audio recording in the app and we should be able to hear it through the app. Shoot.... it could even be adjusted on the fly in the app.
2016-6-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-23 09:30
This really needs a bump. We can see the audio recording in the app and we should be able to hear  ...

Hello.
Thanks for bringing up this issue again.
We've paid attention to this requirement and our engineers will look into it further.
For any update in the future, please refer to our official website.
2016-6-22
Use props
fans08c89be4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

it is essential to be able to monitor audio as the camera receives it. To monitor anywhere else in the audio chain is fraught with danger and farcical. and should be solved asap.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans08c89be4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-4-29 12:36
There's no way to monitor what the Osmo is recording.

As I see it, if sound is really important, then you'll need to have to plug your mic(s) into a pre-amp/recorder/mixer and take a feed from that to the Osmo, checking your sound on the pre-amp/recorder/mixer. Or -- of course -- record separately, syncing it to the Osmo in post.

It is stupid to suggest monitoring the audio before it reaches the Osmo as has been suggested. Its also impractical to operate a 2nd audio unit to record the sound. The ONLY way to monitor audio professionally is to be able to listen to what is going on in the camera itself.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans08c89be4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-22 18:27
Hello.
We've paid attention to this requirement and our engineers will look into it further.

It is stupid to suggest monitoring the audio before it reaches the Osmo as has been suggested. Its also impractical to operate a 2nd audio unit to record the sound. The ONLY way to monitor audio professionally is to be able to listen to what is going on in the camera itself.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans08c89be4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-5-1
Use props
fans08c89be4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2017-5-1
Use props
fans08c89be4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-1 23:08
Hi, Peter,
Thanks for asking, but unfortunately, the Osmo doesn't have this kind of audio monitoring feature, however, this new need has been collected by our engineers and we'll take serious consideration about it.
If there's any update, we would keep you informed in our official website.

2017-5-1
Use props
fansb1d533ea
New
United Kingdom

DJI OSMO
WHY O WHY O WHY DESIGN A CAMERA THAT SHOOTS 4K /SLOW MOTION/TIMES LAPS .BUT HAS NO WAY OF MONITORING AUDIO????????? HAVING TO RELY ON A SILLY APP  AUDIO METERS IS NO GOOD FOR ME .WISH I NEVER BOUGHT NOW.STILL ITS A LESSON LEARNT. DONT BUY IT IF YOU WANT TO MONITOR THE AUDIO COS IT DONT DO IT
2017-5-1
Use props
fansb1d533ea
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-22 18:27
Hello.

ITS VERY WELL SAYING YOU WILL LOOK INTO IT .HOW LONG YOU BE LOOKING ????????
2017-5-1
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans08c89be4 Posted at 2017-5-1 02:14

If you're doing it "professionally" you're going to be monitoring it where you record it -- and that's not going to be on the Osmo.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules