Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
phantom 3 pro white spots in video and lines in bright areas
2644 16 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,
I am having an issue lately with my P3P, it has white spots in the video feed and in recorded video as well as lines in all bright areas of video.

I have made sure that over exposure mode  is turned off, i have changed channels on video.
This all started after the update to 1.8.8 or whatever it is and i have since back dated to older versions and this issue is still hapening.

I am also geting an IMU warning every now and then and it will not alow the motors to start.

I have since reloaded the version  1.7 update and this is still hapening.

Please help as i run an aerial video business and this is ruining all of my shots.
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello soingham, could you post some screenshot of this issue here? Besides, did the drone crash before?
2016-4-30
Use props
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-30 17:41
Hello soingham, could you post some screenshot of this issue here? Besides, did the drone crash befo ...

Thanks for the reply,
No the drone has never crashed or had a hard landing, i am very carefull when landing.

I will attach a screen shot shortly of the image quality.

Regards
Shaun.
2016-4-30
Use props
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

Please see video link below regarding the White spots in lowlights and lines in highlights

http://youtu.be/7Pxgmhlx-PQ
2016-5-1
Use props
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

Please see the link below regarding the White spots in the lowlights and lines in highlights

2016-5-1
Use props
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

Please see the link below regarding the White spots in the lowlights and lines in highlights

2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

soingham@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-1 23:11

http: ...

It is a hardware issue. I'd suggest you to contact our online support via http://www.dji.com/support/product or send an email to support@dji.com for the repairing request.Thank you.
2016-5-2
Use props
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you, so it is still under warranty, will this be a warraty claim?
2016-5-5
Use props
soingham
lvl.1

Australia

just tried to use the online support...... got a computer response and then nothing.

would not recomend

now to try the email support

2016-5-5
Use props
l1dobbuku
New

Zambia

Hi Soingham,

Im having the exact same problem and it just randomly started about 7 days ago. See attached screen shots of my video footage. Screen shots of phantom 3 pro footage

Have you had any luck resolving your problem?  
2016-5-9
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

l1dobbuku Posted at 2016-5-10 01:36
Hi Soingham,

Im having the exact same problem and it just randomly started about 7 days ago. See at ...

Hi there,
Yes i have had some success with DJI's email technical service support, Justin from DJI has been looking after my case and my P3P is due to be collected tomorrow and shipped off to the Australian DJI repair center.

I have been told the issue is a hardware issue and need to be examined and repaired, i am unsure what the issue is exactly but DJI are willing to investigate, repair and freight all at their cost if it is a DJI component failure, otherwise i will have to pay for the repairs. I have never had a hard landing and definitely never crashed it so i cant see how it is a user fault as these same issues are popping up around the globe with the same faults symptoms.

I suggest you email DJI support ASAP and get the process started on the repair, otherwise try taking it back to the store where you purchased the phantom and ask for an exchange as depending on where you live in the world the store must refund, repair or replace the faulty item (check your local consumer laws first)

I hope this helps.
2016-5-11
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

l1dobbuku Posted at 2016-5-10 01:36
Hi Soingham,

Im having the exact same problem and it just randomly started about 7 days ago. See at ...

Your footage and pics are producing the same error as my P3P did

Definitely get onto DJI support asap
2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

soingham@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-6 12:21
just tried to use the online support...... got a computer response and then nothing.

would not reco ...

Hi soingham,

Were you able to get in touch with Email Support for assistance?
2016-5-12
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

Yes got in touch with DJI support and they have been very helpful and have since repaired the P3P and will be sending it back to me on Monday

the report said something about the camera lens needing to be replace, not sure how this causes lines and spots that move depending on light sensitivity but that was the reason and parts issued so maybe it was a camera replacement?
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Shaun_au Posted at 2016-5-20 22:07
Yes got in touch with DJI support and they have been very helpful and have since repaired the P3P  ...

Good to hear you'll be up and running soon.

If there was a quality issue with the lens, the imperfections could have affected the camera's sensors and how it processes light/ information. Without seeing the service record, it would be hard to confirm if it was just the lens or if they did replace the camera completely. Either way, you should be good to go.
2016-5-20
Use props
Shaun_au
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-5-20 23:14
Good to hear you'll be up and running soon.

If there was a quality issue with the lens, ...

Thanks DJI-Jamie,
The P3P is all fixed now and i have racked up 8 or more full flights since and the clear 4K clarity is back as it should be. it does apear to have had the whole camera replaced but either way i am happy and the repair team took care of my P3P and turned it around in a short time frame
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Shaun_au Posted at 2016-6-2 22:40
Thanks DJI-Jamie,
The P3P is all fixed now and i have racked up 8 or more full flights since and t ...

That's great news. I hope to see some of that footage on SkyPixel .

Happy flying!
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules